Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'ProgDay', NC, USA, Aug 30 - Holding Pattern added
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'ProgDay', NC, USA, Aug 30 - Holding Pattern added

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'ProgDay', NC, USA, Aug 30 - Holding Pattern added
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:51
Although the bands haven't been announced as yet, early arrangements are as follows:

ProgDay Announces Comfort Inn Durham As Official Hotel:

ProgDay is happy to announce that the Comfort Inn University in Durham North Carolina will once again be our official hotel for the festival this year. A an audience rate of $80.00 will be available for the weekend of the event. To make reservations call the hotel directly at 919-490-4949 and ask for the ProgDay rate. Rooms sold out fairly early last year, so make your reservations soon.

For more information on ProgDay visit our website at http://www.progday.com

ProgDay Announces Program Ad Rates And Vendor Rates.

Program Ads - Rates for this year's ProgDay program will be as follows:

1/4 page = $40
1/2 page = $60
Full page = $120
Full page inside front or back cover = $135
Full page outside back cover - $150

The ads must be sent electronically to Lew Fisher at [email protected] in either .jpg, .gif, or hi-res .pdf.

All ad copy must be no smaller than 300dpi or it cannot be accepted.

The program will be Black and white.

All ads and payment must be submitted by Aug 1 2008. Payment can be via paypal or by check made out to ProgDay and sent to:

ProgDay
C/O Gerhard Wessell
5205 Red Wing Ct
Fuquay Varina NC 27526

To pay via paypal please go to the sponsorship section of the ProgDay web site: http://www.progday.com

Vendor Table rates will be the same as last year

CD and Merchandise Vendors = $175 per 8 foot table. Price includes 1 Weekend Pass.

Bands and Musicians - $120 per 4 foot table. Price includes 1 Weekend Pass.

Vendor tables may be reserved by sending an e-mail to [email protected]

Payment can be via paypal or check.

Checks should be made out to ProgDay and sent to:

ProgDay
C/O Gerhard Wessell
5205 Red Wing Ct
Fuquay Varina NC 27526

To pay via paypal go to the ProgDay website: http://www.progday.com and click on the sponsorship tab.

Stay tuned for band announcements coming soon.
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 18:04
That is right. THere should be an announcement regarding the first band shortly. I changed the other post(the one I made in the prog news/announcement section)since the initial statement had the wrong phone number on it. The phone number on here is correct though. Being that I'm on the promotions team I usually handle announcements regarding PD but it looks like someone beat me to it this time(at least on this thread).
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 00:36

Driven by the guitar virtuosity of TONY SPADA, HOLDING PATTERN's powerful and energetic prog-fusion first hit the scene in 1981. Their music recalled the best of the instrumental prog and fusion bands of the 1970s and they built a loyal following of prog rock fans around the world during the 1980s. The band split in 1992, but Tony Spada continued to play and record as a solo artist, sharing the stage with many progressive rock icons and headlining his own shows. Interest in Tony's solo career spurred HOLDING PATTERN to reform in 2005. Join HOLDING PATTERN as they burn up the ProgDay stage with old favorites and tunes from their new reunion album, "Breaking The Silence."

"...this is a mature and highly original work by seasoned musicians at the height of their creative powers, and Tony's guitar work...is second to none. If you enjoy instrumental progressive rock with beautiful melodies and inventive solos, then this is certainly for you!" - ZNR

"This is a refreshing instrumental amalgam of sounds that at times evokes HAPPY THE MAN, THE DREGS, and GENESIS - often within the same song! Highly recommended. " - Ken Golden, The Laser’s Edge

ProgDay 2008 is the 14th edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. Performances will take place on Labor Day weekend, Saturday, August 30, and Sunday, August 31. For more information please visit our website at www.progday. com.

Post Reply Post Reply