Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Senza Codice
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 15:36
The keyboards on the first two tracks remind me of the intro tunes of 1980s television series (remember Jan Hammer?) - something I also noticed in Cronico's music earlier today. That's where comparison stops though.

This band plays powerful rock, with an occasional odd meter, and nice flute work. Vision Sosspessa might be better if sound quality on MySpace wasn't so poor - the flute gets lost against the guitar and bass.
Isola di Ghiaccio e di Fuoco is less complicated overall, but well constructed, with an up tempo instrumental intro with flute taking the lead, and a great flute and guitar solo near the end.
Vocals could be a bit more varied on both tracks.
The largely (but not fully) instrumental Gioco Passivo starts similar to Isola, but less up tempo, then develops into a metal influenced riff. followed by a mellow keyboard and bass driven part. There's a saxophone in that part as well. The most complex composition in terms of movements I guess - a bit in the vein of Firth of Fifth, as far as structure is concerned.

An interesting find, Andrea.  A band with potentential, also because (given the pictures) they have a few centuries of musical life ahead of them.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 13:05

Italian prog band from Emilia...

Myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/senzacodice

Flutist Simone Stopazzoni's Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/stoppafauno

Post Reply Post Reply