FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGuillotine - progressive melodic death

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guillotine - progressive melodic death
    Posted: March 22 2008 at 18:22
Guillotine's one of the very limited progressive acts that India has produced , Progressive melodic death metal, as we call our music is all about combining the different elements of death/extreme metal with melodies ranging from jazz to thrash metal. We started off with the name 1 fret higher ,but with countless line up changes, Guillotine is what we came out with The band has recorded three of their original tracks which are basically a part of a three tier concept of a man's realization of the hollowness of religious faith .we only recently recorded our third track Upon My Return which has majorly caught on the Indian metal scene With influences ranging from porcupine tree , tool ,dream theater , opeth, children of bodom etc the band is a definite stand for the varied diversity the Indian metal scene is about. Despite being only a year old the band is one of the talked about bands in and around Delhi, with the youngest member being only 16 yrs old Guillotine is definitely here to stay . We're currently working on releasing an EP which should be out by early next march. You can check out our tracks on our page www.myspace.com/guillotine0
Do give in your feedback
cheers!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 20:49
for some reason... I'd rather be listening to this than this lame French sh*t I'm listening  to now...

checking this out...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 20:57
interesting music... but the thing that gets me.. what is the purpose of having a concept... and it sounds like you might  have an interesting one... when you don't understand a DAMN thing the guy is singing. I could have  written lyrics for you based on what I had for breakfast for all the concept resonated with me.  Then again.. don't mind me.. I'm just an old fart...

enjoyed the music though.. fired up a Winston and banged my head vigorously in parts...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Guillotine View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 03:34
hehe .. ^^ it just something we feel for strongly .. In our country ther's a lot of blind following of faith .. just something i wanted to write abut ! .. and hehe .. na man were cool wid any kind of criticism .. its good ya like the music ..and thats why we attached the lryics on myspace for you hehe Wink
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 06:46
I have a lot interest in India and it's faiths...   kudos to you all for writing about it... sometimes the whole vocal style of that branch of music goes over my head.  Consider trying something like Opeth does... alternate those growls or whatever the 'correct' term for them are.. with  'clean' vocals...  the contrast can be quite good if done right.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 13:02

Yh i kno what your talking bout .. always something we can work on .. we've used some clean vocals on the song faith is for the feared ( its the only home recording .. quality's kinda poor) .. but yh . we base  the vocals on the moods of the song, evrything goes accordingly .. but yh . we could always bring another element to our music !

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 13:06
that always helps.. .your music itself. just upon those samples.. has lots of elements I like...  bringing that to the vocals only strengthens the whole package. 

Good luck with that EP.. and let us know when you get it done.  Clap
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 14:26
anyone else?Star
 Post Reply Post Reply