Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheer-Accident Comes To ProgDay 2008, NC,USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheer-Accident Comes To ProgDay 2008, NC,USA
    Posted: March 30 2008 at 16:08
hmmmm  sounds interesting... might be enough to get me back down to Chapel Hill which I love.  If I have my partner in crime with me by then... we might make this our first stop in the year long US prog festivals tour to celebrate her arrival.  She loved N.C.  .she has a thing  for NC BBQ .. that is for sure hahhaha.

I missed ProgDay last year... but had a wonderful time two years ago... beautiful setting.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 16:01

CHEER-ACCIDENT have been identified with (and some say creators of) the Chicago post-rock scene since their formation in 1981. Multi-instrumentalst THYMME JONES has led the band through many incarnations since then, along with guitarist JEFF LEIBERSHER who joined in 1988. Between 1981 and the present the group has constantly progressed and experimented with different styles, from complex prog to progressive pop, to noise and sound collages.

Along the way they have worked with virtually everyone in the underground Chicago scene, from famed producer/engineer STEVE ALBINI to JIM O'ROURKE (GASTR DEL SOL, WILCO, SONIC YOUTH, etc.). The band released its 14th album, "What Sequel?," in 2006. Produced by JOHN McENTIRE (TORTOISE, SEA AND CAKE), "Sequel" features the band again exploring the prog/pop landscape with their unique, unclassifiable approach.

CHEER-ACCIDENT are coming to Progday with guns blazing, in the form of an expanded 8-piece lineup that we're sure you won't want to miss!

Check out the band's myspace site at: http://www.myspace.com/cheeraccident

ProgDay 2008 is the 14th edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. Performances will take place on Labor Day weekend, Saturday, August 30, and Sunday, August 31. For more information please visit our website at www.progday.com.

Post Reply Post Reply