Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kinetic Element support Circa in US, + other news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKinetic Element support Circa in US, + other news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ginfress View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinetic Element support Circa in US, + other news
    Posted: April 02 2008 at 02:42
Hello to my friends worldwide!

It is with a mixture of ecstasy and surprise that I tell you we finally have gotten some pretty big news. With many thanks to Jay Nedry, the owner of Jaxx in Washington DC, and Billy Sherwood of Circa who referred me to him, I can announce that Kinetic Element will open the Circa show at Jaxx on Friday, May 2 at 8pm. Circa is a prog rock supergroup whose members have all played with the greatest prog band on earth, Yes. They consist of Jimmy Haun on guitar, Billy Sherwood on bass, Tony Kaye on keys and Alan White on drums. So you can see why we are excited.

May is shaping up as our first real acid test to find out what we are made of, as to whether we can deliver for the discriminating tastes of prog fans. We got a taste of it last August 4 at the Prog Night show with Eternal Essence and Athem of Atlantic City NJ, when their audience welcomed us with loud sustained applause after every piece including the sound check. May will be a little more intense! But I am confident of Kinetic Element's ability and I know what we can do.

Here is a link to the Jaxx website's calendar page.
http://www. jaxxroxx. com/jaxx_cal. htm
If you scroll down to May 2 there is Circa, and holy smokes, there is Kinetic Element's logo. Odin's Court, an excellent prog metal outfit from Lexington Park MD will be the second band.

If ever I would implore you to attend one of our shows, this is it, if you are anywhere near Washington DC. Especially if you are near DC/Philly/Richmond and are not going to the first night of ROSfest in Philadelphia. I know a few of you have "Starship Universe". Believe me it sounds much better live than the CD does. We are also doing four of our new pieces in our shows, enroute to the time when we have a full CD's worth of new music to offer and get into the studio to record it. One of them (a very rough version to be sure) is on our Myspace page in a slide show of the band's adventures over the last 17 months.

Besides the Circa show, Mike Potter of Orion Studios in Baltimore has put us on a bill there the following Saturday May 10, in support of Cleveland prog/fusion band Rare Blend.

And Tom Hudon of DC-Society of Art Rock has asked us to support IZZ in the DC area the next Saturday May 17, as part of the Artomatic Arts Festival. It will be a 6-band mini-Prog Fest with Ephemeral Sun the main support act. We have the 5pm show.

We are practicing as much as we can. I have been in the studio and have put the fixes on three new pieces which together will be called the "Powered By Light Suite" which we hope to offer as an EP very soon. I'm going there to mix this Saturday. It will be excellent demo quality and we plan to make it a give-away for anyone who purchases "Starship Universe.

"

I would welcome replies to this post. You know I'm pretty self-conscious about self-promotion but there's nobody to do it for us. So thanks for bearing with me. I was planning to go to ROSfest but to open the Circa show was too great an opportunity to pass up. I hope to meet some of you at one of these shows. And thanks to Gert for the plug he just gave us here on Myspace.

Prog Lives! and God is good.

Mike Visaggio
keyboardist / composer / mad scientist, Kinetic Element
 Post Reply Post Reply