Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kharmina Buranna (anticipating this Peruvian band)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKharmina Buranna (anticipating this Peruvian band)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kharmina Buranna (anticipating this Peruvian band)
    Posted: September 02 2008 at 07:48
I'm Peruvian, Khatmina Bhurana is Peruvian (Just say this to make a point, nobody wqnts them in PA more than me).

As you can imagine I wouldn't like anything more than accepting them in Symphonic,  but Cesar has already described them clearly (Nobody is more familiar with Kharmina Burana than him):

Yes, I see your point regarding these two tracks alone, but since I'm familiar with all 5 tracks that will be included in their debut CD plus a couple of two new tracks, let me assure you that they are indeed eclectic. They've got two suites and a straightward blues-rock song besides these two songs, and the dose of symphonic prog is very big

The dose of Symphonic Prog is big, is not enough for me if the same person who says this, admits they are defietely Eclectic, I'm also familiar with the work of he band and seen them on stage repeatedly, they belong in Prog Archives and would be stupid to send them to Prog Related.

I also believe they are mainly ECLECTIC, but I respect the work and decisions of the teams, already we are accepting a band that doesn't belong in Symphonic, not to loose them, but we won't do that all the time.

If not accepted by Eclectic, I believe the second best place is Heavy Prog. If not accepted by this team, will talk again, but not assure they will be accepted by Symphonic.

Iván

Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:43

OK, understood - I'll go with the rest of people who see teh symphonic essence in KHARMINA BURANNA. Moris (is he Clarke2001?) is roght about them being a great band at what the ydo.

Kind regards.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 20:07
Originally posted by Cesar Inca Cesar Inca wrote:

SYMPHONIC PROG would be much more appropriate than HEAVY PROG for KHARMINA BURANNA.

I don't understand why the eclectic prog team should be reluctant about them, but the second best option is Symphonic Prog, no doubt about it.

reluctant is not the right word for Cesar... I haven't seen Greg's (logan's thoughts)

but if you'll allow me a second...let me elaborate on Eclectic and how it is applied  here.

eclectic is not merely the abundance of visible and distinct influences.   but simply Cesar... it is the the place where bands who lack a DISTINCT or predominant influence go.  You know as well as us.. that many... MANY of these groups were by their nature eclectic.  All taking many influences and putting them in the pot.  Those who could be identified by a defining characteristic... Yes being being a prime example... go to subs where we can identify prime influences.  I think so far.. we are seeing symphonic as the prime influence there.. it is what I hear.. and seems to be what Moris does.  It that all .. .is it 'pure' symphonic.. no.. it isn't.  Whether symho will take it.. .that is up to them... if they don't take them... we will find a place for them.  Heavy or eclectic.  They'll be added for sure though.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 19:58
SYMPHONIC PROG would be much more appropriate than HEAVY PROG for KHARMINA BURANNA.

I don't understand why the eclectic prog team should be reluctant about them, but the second best option is Symphonic Prog, no doubt about it.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Cesar Inca - April 15 2008 at 20:00
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 19:33
exactly... Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 19:29
well you know my policy, they're welcome to it .. 

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 19:21
I'm on board with Moris  here...  think the symphos should have first crack at this one. Great stuff Clap
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 18:30
Originally posted by clarke2001 clarke2001 wrote:

This is essential symphonic rock band to the very bone.

And one hell of a band at that...        

with a post like that.... the boob tube goes off.. and the music goes on... hahah
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 08:46
This is essential symphonic rock band to the very bone.

And one hell of a band at that...        

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 17:52
Cesar--  do you want to add them to Heavy?  I can move them to Eclectic if the EcTeam has a change of heart

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 02:16
Music is in that box under Interests, for those with adblock who don't find it immediately.  My computer is having major siezure problems.  I wish such pages would simply the layout with less graphics and stuff (too media rich, and looks bad).

Late, but listening now (might have missed mention of this is the Eclectic Team thread by either of you). I guess we should wait until the album is out, but if you want them for heavy, and think they are appropriate enough, I'd say go ahead, we can always move them easily later.  Seems obviously fit for the archives.

I'm not sure at this time if Eclectic is best... Sometimes I catch that eclectic mix of prog styles with no one style dominating sufficiently so to scream ECLECTIC almost immediately without even having to think about it much.  Other times I can quickly say, hell no (and think of another category), then other times my concentration tends to waver and I have to try to listen many times while trying my best to analyze the music.  This falls more into the latter one (and because I'm tired too)..
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 20:29
listening now Cesar..  yup, you're right, really good heavy symph, I like this a lot and those vids just don't show how good they are  ..if no one else wants them I'll gladly take'em

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:34
No comments yet??
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 19:18
Originally posted by Cesar Inca Cesar Inca wrote:

Here are two Youtube videos of Peruvian prog band KHARMINA BURANNA: Sueños de Opio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWpb0oyMNMA) and Del Parque  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=triJvzNlUn8).

Here's this link http://karminaburanna.hi5.com/, where you can listen to their material - all 5 tracks from their forthcoming debut album.

Enjoy and comment!! 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 18:47
no, but I've got Ubieda's God's Garden which I love
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 18:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

understood  

..neat little band, Cesar

Latin America keeps on envigorating the prog genre and never seems to stop! Have you downloaded Témpano's new album yet?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 16:16
understood  

..neat little band, Cesar

Edited by Atavachron - April 06 2008 at 16:16
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 16:14
Yes, I see your point regarding these two tracks alone, but since I'm familiar with all 5 tracks that will be included in their debut CD plus a couple of two new tracks, let me assure you that they are indeed eclectic. They've got two suites and a straightward blues-rock song besides these two songs, and the dose of symphonic prog is very big; additionally, there is a noticable amount of pastoral passages in the aforesaid suites.

Kind regards.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 15:00
that footage doesn't do them justice, but if Eclectic Team pass, I 'll consider them for Heavy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:00

HI PROG FRIENDS, THIS IS CÉSAE INCA.

Here are two Youtube videos of Peruvian prog band KHARMINA BURANNA: Sueños de Opio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWpb0oyMNMA) and Del Parque  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=triJvzNlUn8).

They’re soon to release their debut album through Mylodon Records (not unlike their compatriot bands FLOR DE LOTO & SUPAY), so let’s prepare ourselves for their inclusion in the Archives. Their style is a mixture of symphonic prog (inspired by Genesis, Yes and Kansas), blues-rock and heavy prog – will Eclectic prog eventually do it for this band? I’ll keep you posted about the album as soon as it becomes a fact. Soon…!

Kind regards.

Post Reply Post Reply