Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGong to play 2 gigs in London!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 05:30
Firstly, sorry I missed you guys, what with me being at the Kentish town gig.

Secondly: EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

Worth the 1200km round trip drive, and the nightmare of driving in that London. (hate that town!)

Any worries I may have had that Theo Travis would not be up to standing in for Bloombido (the greatest reed-man in all progdomn.) were soon dispelled. Chris Taylor, I knew, was up to the job, as he had been at the Uncon.

I'll rave about the performance later.

Support act, Slackbaba, was dull and tedious. In my ignorance I had anticipated a System 7/Eat Static type of set, but ooooh no.Just some bloke playing his record collection from what I could see.Only three people were actually inspired to dance (ok, I was one of them Embarrassed, but only for about 5 mins, to get the "blood" circulating Wink).

A word of advice to anyone planning on asking a cockney for directions; Always ensure he is alone and out of ear's range of another cockney. Failure to follow this rule may result in a fight as to who knows the best route, and who's been livin raand ere the longest. The amount of "best" routes to choose from will be exactly the same number as the amount of cockneys embroiled in the dispute, and much shouting and swearing will ensue. As you drive away, thanking them for their invaluable help, you will hear their heated debate continue, perhaps well into the next day. 

Edited by emdiar - June 17 2008 at 08:34
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 05:08
Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

It was great too that my old prog buddy Hugues Chantraine was over in London for this one; all in all a splendid weekend!

And thanks to your kind advices, my girlfriend and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon on the south bank piers  listening and watching street artistes including the fabulous Portico QuartetStarStarStarStar

They could fit in our Avant prog category

Thanks to Chris and the lovely Flora for an enchanted English cheese discovery

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12