Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNon Credo tribute-album: artists wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non Credo tribute-album: artists wanted
    Posted: May 02 2008 at 05:23

Kallisti Gold (recordings) are cleared to do a tribute-album for Non Credo, so if you'd like to cover one of their songs please get in touch.

Regarding the use of samples in your cover song(s) Joseph Berardi of the duo wrote:
"It’s ok to use samples, but it would be nice if you changed them to make them less recognizable, more transformed. But we don’t want to tell anyone how to create, so do it however you like. We don’t mind. If this was going to be a commercial release, I suppose we would have to work out some agreement on the use of the samples, but for now, with what you have planned, it’s fine."

The album will be released within a year or so, free to download and distribute to all under a Creative Commons license.

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 16:45
Nice, if only I was a musician, I'd do a cover of Big Teeth from the Happy Wretched Family album.
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 17:09
Big Teeth is awesome, I'm almost finished with remixes of Sporco Mutande and Writer and I'm planning on doing Thank You Mommy next.
I'm having a damned hard time finding other musicians who wants to contribute though,...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 17:20
Wow, a Non Credo tribute album.  I'm not much of a musician, but I think I could pass "Piano Urine" sans piano.

I really like Non Credo's albums.  And I will think about it.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 19:05
Anachronism (formerly STC) is working on covering Curious Couplings from Happy Wretched Family.  

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 20:33
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Wow, a Non Credo tribute album.  I'm not much of a musician, but I think I could pass "Piano Urine" sans piano.

You'd only be passing urine then... Embarrassed
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 00:46
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

You'd only be passing urine then... Embarrassed

Actually, it needn't be without piano, I'm quite a good tinkler on the old ivories.  Might even call me a piano whiz (or whizzer).  I'd quite like to do a Non Credo medley on the triangle, but I fear it would not be very good.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 02:29
Haha, spend the whole day drinking water and holding it for as long as you can, then sample yourself letting it all go at once. I challenge you to make at least a five minute piece of it ;)

Ok, on a more serious note, I'm gonna set ut some private online storage space for all contributers, so email me and I'll give you the address and login name/password (it probably wouldn't be cool to make the songs universally available until the project is finished), would be fun if we could post continious demo versions of our covers.
And I think Non Credo themselves would be pleased to see how the project moves along.

This could also be used for crosscollaborations/cross-mixes if anyone's interested. For example I just realized my vocals for "Writer" totally sucks, so if anyone would be interested in doing that it would be cool.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 11:29
I'll see if I can maybe come up with some vocals to Big Teeth (even though I'm not female), or maybe one of their other songs.

I only have Audacity and no proper recording equipment... maybe it isn't such a good idea on my part. LOL
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 12:16
No worries, I don't either. I can fix noise-reduction and stuff like that, it's something you've gotta learn when you have no budget for fancy mics :)
I can do the song and we'll work in the vocals later if that's allright, might take some time though, drop me an email and I'll get in touch when I have a basic layout.
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 04:50
I'm having some difficulty finding a, free, suitable site that can provide storage space for multiple users. Well, we really only need one user account, but most seems limited to stuff like "only 1 download/upload at the same time" and I guess such an account woulld be closed down if there are multiple IP's logged in simultaneously.
If someone coul help out with some ftp space that would be great, or if you know of a good online storage space.

I've also set up a private yahoo group, so again, drop me an email and I'll send out an invite.
Rocktopus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 13:34
I wish I could. I'd pick the titletrack on Happy Wretched Family. Perfect end to a fantastic album

I'll ask some musicplaying friends who actually can play.

This reminds me I gotta buy Impropera.
Over land and under ashes
In the sunlight, see - it flashes
Find a fly and eat his eye
But don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 16:15
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

Anachronism (formerly STC) is working on covering Curious Couplings from Happy Wretched Family.  

We are? I thought we were just talking. Damn, gotta learn it, then...

Edited by Shakespeare - May 06 2008 at 16:17
laplace View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 22:32
bumpabump

do you still read this thread? =) If so can you give us a list of the songs that have already been done, or are being worked on? I need something to do and I've been listening to Non Credo a lot recently.
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 07:41
Yes, I'm still here, I occasionally suffer severe bouts of depression, that's why it may seem like I'm not here etc.
This is the only place I've advertised this release on which has generated any response, so I guess the songs listed here are the ones being worked on.

However, I do not mind multiple versions of the same song, so feel free to pick whatever you like.

And, I might have stated this before, I'd be happy to work with other people on songs too, so I urge anyone who is interested to drop me an email so I can send an ainvite to the yahoo group where materials/ideas can be traded between different artsists.

It seems like file trades would be best to dia via email or physical media, but that shouldn't really be a porblem nowadays as most free amial hosts supports large amounts of storage space.
Rocktopus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 03:41
Originally posted by laplace laplace wrote:

I've been listening to Non Credo a lot recently.

Good for you! Aren't they swell?

Ordered Impropera, and got it a week ago. Although I might still have a slight preference for Happy Wretched Family the new one is pretty fantastic, too. By far my favorite opera ever.

Over land and under ashes
In the sunlight, see - it flashes
Find a fly and eat his eye
But don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
kaurec View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 08:35

Good news everyone! Joe just posted this blog/news item on the Non Credo myspace page, hope it will boost the project a bit:

Want to do a cover of a Non Credo song?

Here's the deal: There's this guy in Sweden, Alexis Erisian, who has a label called Kallisti Gold. Alexis is interested in gathering recordings of people doing covers of Non Credo songs to put together a tribute collection called Non Credo Re-imagined. This is his idea, not ours. Our egos are healthy, but we'd never dream up a notion such as this! We're all for it, though, and are very flattered and will give him our full cooperation and support.

He has done a few tracks on his own and sent them to us, and they're quite good. Very interesting deconstructions using some sampling and other dismantling of our music. It's a great start. He needs many more contributions to complete this thing, so we would like to offer the project to anyone who is interested.

Kallisti Gold will release the final results as free to download and distribute to all under a Creative Commons license. What we would like to do is possibly also do a limited run CD-R pressing on our label, since we are old fashioned and like to hold things in our shaky hands. This is not a for sure, but it would be nice to also have a hard copy of the collection to sell, etc. We would work out the details when the time comes.

You can see more details and get in touch with Alexis at Kallisti Gold via his website:
http://www.kallistigold.se/

Since many of you may not be very familiar with our music, you can go here to listen to examples of most of our songs.
http://cdbaby.com/group/noncredo

Yes, this is a place where you can buy our music, but the point is that you can also just listen. We're not trying to sell more product. If you decide that there is a song you want to do a cover of and you don't already own a copy, let us know and we'll send you an mp3 of the whole tune. Free, of course. We'll even send lyrics and chord charts if you want (assuming we can figure it out!).

Write us here or write to Alexis if you're interested or want more info. Leave it to the Swedes!
Best,
Non Credo

ps. I can't believe how cool these guys are, sending out free songs and possibly even pressing their own cd of the album /Alexis

Post Reply Post Reply