FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSubmit a press release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submit a press release
    Posted: May 06 2008 at 12:39

My brother is Mike Portnoy, drummer for Dream Theater.  Can you please help out by posting this information for us?  Thanks so much!!! 

For Immediate Release

April 30, 2008

315-434-9477 or [email protected]

DREAM THEATER CHARITY AUCTION SERIES

TO BENEFIT

CAMP GOOD DAYS & SPECIAL TIMES

Charity Auction Series to Begin May 5th

Syracuse, NY  An Ebay auction beginning on Monday, May 5th will kick off the second wave of the Dream Theater Charity Auction Series to benefit Camp Good Days and Special Times.  Camp Good Days is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer and other life threatening challenges. For 29 years, Camp Good Days has been providing free residential camping programs at their Recreational Facility in Branchport, New York as well as year-round support activities.  Such an accomplishment would never be possible without friends like Dream Theater and events like this charity auction. 

Since August 2007, Dream Theater has been donating band-related memorabilia to Camp Good Days in an effort to raise funds and awareness for Camp via a series of Ebay auctions.   The Dream Theater Charity Auction Series generally runs in conjunction with the band’s tour dates and so will begin May 5th, as the band reconvenes it’s “Chaos in Motion” Tour. 

The items being auctioned in the coming weeks will include (but not be limited to) an autographed copy of Dream Theater’s newest CD, “Greatest Hit (and 21 other pretty cool songs)”, compliments of Rhino Records and a band- and author-autographed copy of Rich Wilson’s Dream Theater biography, “Lifting Shadows”.  Perhaps the pinnacle of the auction series will be a “Music Man” John Petrucci-model guitar, which Ernie Ball has generously built and donated for this cause.  Autographed tour shirts and tour books will be auctioned intermittently as well; hopefully creating different price levels for potential bidders. 

New items will enter the auction approximately every 10 days, beginning May 5th.   Samples of the auction items can be viewed via the Dream Theater Charity Auction “Ebay store” http://stores.ebay.com/Dream-Theater-Charity-Auction-Site. 

For more information about this auction series or Camp Good Days and Special Times, please contact Samantha Cattaneo - [email protected] - 315-434-9477 or visit http://www.campgooddays.org/

For Dream Theater tour information please contact:

Jessica Ricci – [email protected] - (212) 274 – 7561

Dream Theater is currently on the road with "Progressive Nation 2008" with opening acts Opeth, Between The Buried And Me & Three.  For more information about the Dream Theater, visit www.dreamtheater.net. 

For Rhino Records information, please contact:
Jason Elzy -  [email protected] - (818) 238-6220 

About Rhino Entertainment
Based in Burbank, California, Warner Music Group’s Rhino Entertainment was formed 29 years ago and is the world's leading pop culture label. Emphasizing flawless sound quality, bonus tracks, informative liner notes, award-winning creative packaging, an offbeat sense of humor and a strong social conscience, Rhino continues to set the standard for excellence in the reissue business it pioneered in both the physical and digital worlds.  Rhino is also expanding the definition of what a catalog music company is as evidenced by the label’s recent name and likeness representation deal with legendary band Grateful Dead. The vast Rhino catalog of more than 5,000 CDs, videos, and digital exclusive albums features material by Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, The Doors, Chicago, Black Sabbath, John Coltrane, Yes, Alice Cooper, Linda Ronstadt, The Ramones, The Monkees, Carly Simon, Curtis Mayfield, among many others.

tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 14:54
High Samantha,
 nice to see the sister of a member of one of our beloved bands making contact to the forum.

I feel so in-ar in-ar in-ar in-ar in-ar in-ar in-ar in-ar-tic-u-late.

anyway welcome here and enjoy our little frenzy.

I would love wining the 1 greatest hit (and 20 other songs that weren't really a hit), but I already have it. so it never goes the way I need it.

anywwwwwwww(every w counts as a word, yours to figure out, for I don't know many words that begin with the letter C, let alone the letter w.)

how does it work and does it come with a complimentary pussy (cat that is).

(I just figured a couple words starting with the letter c, which doesn't really help for words starting with a w, but at least i'm learning, I'm a cunninglinguist, with a spelling problem).

nice meating you Samantha.

hope of hearing more of you.

and maybe let us know more what it's about, why and how does Dream Theater want to change the world, and how can I help (I am a cuccumberlinguist, who talkes to succubusses, and I still have a spelling problem, so that should be first thing on your agenda learning me to spellWink)

good causes deserve a good band to back it.Clap

Edited by tuxon - May 06 2008 at 15:17
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
 Post Reply Post Reply