Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
virginiaprogras View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credo at Rosfest
    Posted: May 25 2008 at 19:05
I was at RosFest mainly to catch CiRCA and meet up with Tom Brislin (Spiraling & The Syn). I caught the fine RPWL performance;  very impressive.

And even though I liked (not loved) CiRCA's performance it did not receive a very good reception from the RosFest crowd in general.

I will have to catch Credo at some other prog festival.

Best,

Steve S-N
Newgrass, Prog & More! Freeform Web Radio & Music Interviews
Tidewater, Virginia, USA
"To err is human; to purr, feline." Robert Byrne

Newgrass, Prog & More! Web Radio

http://www.live365.com/stations/virginiaprograsser

2,200+ Progressive & Eclectic Fans Worldwide Since 2003
Credo Man View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 16:14
A friend cut and pasted a load of the comments from other forums and forwarded them to us.

We had a great time, were any of you at the show?

Mark

Credo - kicked off Sunday morning in a neat way. Vocals a bit poor in the mix while playing, but the music, the lyrics and the vocalists talking inbetween tunes all were stellar, the band got crowd ovations and everyone I talked too thought it was an amazing show. Second best concert of this weekend for me. And this band won themselves new fans by the bucketful this morning, the band are probably busy counting money from CD-sales still ;-)

Credo was also a treat - enthusiastic, personable (a pleasure to converse briefly with Credo Man after sth show) and really tastful guitar work - exceeding expectations.

Credo -- Sunday morning is a tough slot for obvious reasons (those damn moomin again). Credo did exactly what is necessary to win the crowd over. They played a high energy set with passion and humor. Although one can complain (as prog fans often do) they sound a lot like Mariliion, etc., and there is some similarity, that had no impact on the most important question: Did I enjoy the show? Absolutely.

Unfortunately, Tess and I missed Credo on Sunday morning, as we were both "toast" from the night before; I'm kicking myself that we did, because I heard they were amazing.  So, who do you think we strike up a conversation with as we checked out of the hotel today? The drummer for Credo, LOL! Really nice dude, we even apologized for missing their set and told him everyone was extremely impressed with their gig.

Great music, great people, great fun...who could ask for anything more?

BUT, the one that moved me was The Letter by Credo. It was like a chill and the hair on my arms stood on end

Credo was awesome Sunday morning. They put on a very good performance and really got the sleepy 11AM crowd into it with some humor.

Other highlights where the friendly and amusing Credo putting on a great performance in the slot that demands a high standard, my wife's favorite band of the weekend with the her "sounds like Marillion" comment, to me I can see the similarities but was amply unique enough for me to make it not a turn off.

Credo were simply impeccable. Crunchy prog, an awesome singer with much passion and a fabulous sense of humour. Great harmonies, a very tight band. Sensational band! Credo Man, you rock!!!

I've been a Credo fan for a while and have developed an online friendship with Credo Man (Mark their singer). Having never played a gig in the US before, the band was a bit nervous about how they would be received.

They simple blew everyone's socks off yesterday morning, and for the first time I can remember, I was so happy for a band that tears welled up when I saw their amazed and elated reaction to the crowd.

My vote for the single most riveting performer: Patrik Lundstrom of Ritual followed by Mark Colton of Credo.

The way I see it is Wishbone Ash and RPWL were the best acts. Right behind them were Credo, Blind Ego, GPS, Crack The Sky and Black Bonzo. All 7 of these acts were really very good with Credo's fontman Mike being the best talking to the audience guy.

E said:
Credo did exactly what is necessary to win the crowd over. They played a high energy set with passion and humor

Great bunch of lads, too.

I'm tickled pink that Credo got a great reception especially as I know Mark was nervous as hell for two days! So thanks everyone!

They need to take a hint from the guitar player from Credo who played thru a little amplifier (Mesa Boogie) and all of the sound of that excellent PRS guitar came and was managed by the PA.

Highlights for me were Ritual (literally made this old fart cry) and Credo. Those guys have been treading the boards for ages and to see them get a reception like they did was really terrific.

Credo - Another fabulous wake up set! Credo Man, Mark was a riot on stage and totally won the crowd over with his stories before we even had the chance to enjoy the Rhetoric tracks. Loved the story about his son asking why a fan shot John Lennon and Mark explained that the fan shot John because he liked his music and Mark's son replied, "Daddy, I hope they don't like you in America." Kudos to Credo. Hope to see you back in the States soon.

Credo and Blind Ego also had me smiling.

Overall probably the best Rosfest so far. The way I see it is Wishbone Ash and RPWL were the best acts. Right behind them were Credo, Blind Ego, GPS, Crack The Sky and Black Bonzo. All 7 of these acts were really very good with Credo's fontman Mark being the best talking to the audience guy.

Credo What a nice suprise!!! These guys are awesome, as well as humorous!!

In addition to the Mesa/Boogie amp and the PRS guitar, Tim from Credo was using a Boss GT-8 effects system via the effects loop of the amp. I just bought a GT-8 a couple of weeks ago and am still figuring out how to use the damn thing! Hearing the incredible variety of sounds Tim was able to coax out of it gave me real motivation to soldier through the owners manual and figure out the "ins and outs" of the thing.

Their set itself was a decent performance of their decidedly Marillion inspired material, but Credo had such a likable attitude that they got they crowd on their side from the beginning. The singer was hilarious and they seemed beyond excited to be there. Reminds you that in such a small world as prog is, the artists really are appreciative of the support they get.

Credo Against Reason
Now Available
www.credo.gb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply