Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)" by Yes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)" by Yes
    Posted: June 26 2008 at 15:52
Hello,
So, being the amateur transcriptionist I am, I have tried to transcribe down the whole album that would be Tales from Topographic Oceans, released by the band Yes in 1974 (or 73? I get it mixed up).  The rest of the album seems to make sense, both in set time signatures, and chords throughout the album that are simply fermata-style held.  However, the one song I can't really put my finger on, in terms of bits and pieces, is "The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)" and the part of the song that I'm talking about is the section of the song that comes at about 3:42 into the song, after a small section of faded Steve Howe guitar notes and Wakeman's lush strings, when Squire and White (bassist and drummer, respectively) come back in.  It's obvious to me that, when at 4:17 when the vocals come in with "As one with the knowledge of the magic of the source...", then at 4:39 when the song picks up more, that something is being counted.  The problem is, I just cannot figure out WHAT!!!!
Are there any other music geeks in here who can shed some light on my transcription woes???
The other three songs make sense, but not this one!  Help please!
Thank you
Billy
yesman1972 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 03:07
I think this may help you immensely. http://www.drummingweb.com/prog.htm Good luck!

Edited by yesman1972 - June 30 2008 at 03:07
 Post Reply Post Reply