FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Perfect Musical Experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 12:40
Originally posted by MisterProg2112 MisterProg2112 wrote:

My Perfect Musical Experience was Progressive Nation 2008 this May. I've seen Dream Theater only once before the show, that august 2007, and this blew it away. Opeth played a great set, BTBAM played my favorites off Colors and One of my favorite Alaska songs. 3 was a pleasant suprse, very, very good live band Thumbs%20Up.

I would have loved to have seen that; I definitely want to see a similar one in the future. I really like 3, DT, and Opeth, so it would have been sweet. I could only imagine. Big%20smile

(I need to still hear BTBAM)

In 2005 I saw Alice Cooper, that at the time was my perfect musical experience..he puts on such a great stage show.

I never was much a fan of Cooper, but I can definitely see that.

Another great show I saw was Porcupine Tree in 2007..amazing stuff, it really was.

I'm envious!! AngryTongue

I'm seeing Rush in 5 days, it will probably be right up there with my favorites..but I doubt anything could top Progressive Nation 2008 for me...except maybe an evening with Dream Theater show Tongue

Well, after the concert, then tell me if it does.

(It should) Tongue

The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 13:30
Originally posted by MovingPictures07 MovingPictures07 wrote:

Originally posted by cacho cacho wrote:

I just went to see Jean-Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke and Al Di Meola last year, and hell it was fascinating, but it was more like a "concert for old". It was all acoustic, though it was quite Amazing to see Stanley Clarke live, playing his amazing bass, also he played an amazing solo.
That would have been extremely cool; those are some of the best musicians out there! Big%20smile
Another concert which I'm quite forgeting, was Aussie Floyd, spectacular. I loved SOYCD. Ahh, that was 3 years ago, I think.

Both live shows were excellent on their own way, Aussie Floyd being much more Emotional to me, since I was a Die-Hard fan of Floyd there, and for the TRIO it was a Great expierence.Pretty awesome. It's always the best to see a band that you're an absolute die-hard of.

Ha, thx! I'm pretty convinced I want to see Deep Purple this year, they came already 2 years before, but I was too young for the type of Audience in there. Let's hope they let me this time!

Also I wanted to see Jethro Tull that came last year, but neither I could go, since it was too late when I went for tickets.

I'll tell ya if I have another concert, etc.
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 15:20

Originally posted by MovingPictures07 MovingPictures07 wrote:

I just went to see Jean-Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke and Al Di Meola last year, and hell it was fascinating, but it was more like a "concert for old". It was all acoustic, though it was quite Amazing to see Stanley Clarke live, playing his amazing bass, also he played an amazing solo.
That would have been extremely cool; those are some of the best musicians out there! Big%20smile
Another concert which I'm quite forgeting, was Aussie Floyd, spectacular. I loved SOYCD. Ahh, that was 3 years ago, I think.

Both live shows were excellent on their own way, Aussie Floyd being much more Emotional to me, since I was a Die-Hard fan of Floyd there, and for the TRIO it was a Great expierence.Pretty awesome. It's always the best to see a band that you're an absolute die-hard of.

Ha, thx! I'm pretty convinced I want to see Deep Purple this year, they came already 2 years before, but I was too young for the type of Audience in there. Let's hope they let me this time!

Also I wanted to see Jethro Tull that came last year, but neither I could go, since it was too late when I went for tickets.

Both of those would have been pretty cool, for sure. (Especially Jethro Tull for me)

I'll tell ya if I have another concert, etc.

Alright! Sounds good.
Smile

Prejjer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 13:27
I haven't been to many concerts, and none of them felt like perfect... But I hope to get more opportunities in the future
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12