Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHiromi Uehara - Jazz Rock/Fusion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hiromi Uehara - Jazz Rock/Fusion?
    Posted: July 22 2008 at 12:14
Another in our gMail account is Hiromi Uehara.  Probably on this one the suggestion would go to jazz/fusion.  Below is her MySpace page.

This is additional information provided in gMail.

HIROMI is a Japanese fusion keyboardist mostly influenciated by the masters of music such as Oscar Peterson, Ahmad Jamal and Chick Corea. When she was 17 years old Chick Corea discovered her and played with her in a live show in her native Japan. Then when she was 20 she went to study at the Berklee College of Music in Boston where she met Ahmad Jamal, who will produce her incoming albums.
HIROMI had released 4 jazz-jusion oriented albums with some keyboards and the collaboration of guitar player David "Fuze" Fiuczynski. These albums are "Another Mind", "Brain", "Spiral" and "Time Control". Highly Recomended.
                         Michael Gandelman

My apologies if she is already under consideration.  She's another artist that I am not familiar with, but with the description and music on MySpace, it definitely sounds like she might be a good fit for the jazz rock/fusion team.  Thank you for your consideration.

Scott
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2008 at 18:06
I missed this thread when I did a search but it appears that she has been discussed before. 

From reading this thread plus a second one, she sounds like an artist that qualifies as prog, but only depending on who you talk to.  Anyhow, do with this as you will.  Please let me know so that I may respond appropriately to the requester.

Thank you,

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply