Topic ClosedMarillion video contest and free download

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marillion video contest and free download
    Posted: August 10 2008 at 16:39

http://www.whateveriswrongwithyou.com/

Marillion released a new song a few weeks back with a video contest.

Quote Marillion's Whatever is Wrong With You Video ContestMarillion are giving you the chance to win £5000 AND giving away a brand new song FOR FREE 

Download a special edit of the BRAND NEW song Whatever is Wrong With You now - then use it as the soundtrack to your OWN video. 
What kind of video? Well it can be absolutely ANYTHING you want it to be - we don't want to limit your choices by even suggesting something. Just make something that YOU want to make: funny, interesting, serious, mysterious - but something that EVERYONE would want to watch! Then upload it to YouTube... and this is where the £5000 comes in.
The video you upload to YouTube MUST be called "Marillion - Whatever Is Wrong With You". The contest will run until the end of the Happiness is the Road Tour 2008, and on December 1st the video with the most views will win the £5000 cash Grand Prize - it's that simple. The better your video, the more people will watch it, and the more chance you have of winning. 

In addition to the Grand Prize, we will also be giving a special Spot Prize to the video we (Marillion) think is the best, regardless of how many views it gets.

Quote Contest Rules (In a Nutshell)
1. Full terms and conditions apply. Please read them thoroughly!
2. Download the 'Whatever is Wrong With You' MP3 below
3. Make your own video of ANYTHING you want to with the new track Whatever is Wrong With You as the soundtrack.
4. The song must be the ONLY audio used in your video; do not alter the song in any way either by editing, adding additional material, or overdubbing vocals, speech, or other audio.
5. Upload your video to YouTube and name it 'Marillion - Whatever is Wrong With You' with the tags 'Marillion', 'Contest', 'Music', and 'Rock'. Videos uploaded with different titles or missing the tags will not be eligible for the contest Grand Prize.
6. By uploading your video to YouTube you will need to create a YouTube account and abide by all their website Terms of Use - full details of these and how to register are available on www.youtube.com
7. The video with the most 'views' (as calculated by YouTube) at 0:01 GMT on 1 December 2008 will be awarded the Grand Prize.

Not sure if this was mentioned already. I couldn't find the thread. I'm sure there are a lot of people here, who have fun with cameras and video-editing. I think it's a pretty great opportunity to co-operate with your favourite band. At the same time you'll get a listen to the new radioversion of their new single, What Ever is Wrong With You. Sounds pretty great, huh?

Yorkie X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2008 at 20:56
Should be interesting I`ll check it out !  Thumbs%20Up
jestas View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 19:08

here's my entry for the contest:

we had a lot of fun doing it, and it's our first attempt at video editing ever :)
yorkiemarillion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 11:13
And here is mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Sl9s1LiWw

Unfortunately/fortunately, it's been a bit controversial!

Edited by yorkiemarillion - August 12 2008 at 11:15
yorkiemarillion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 04:19
So Marillion have announced the release of their new album - initially it will only be available through www.Marillion.com and iTunes, except in USA/Canada/Poland where it will go to retail.

It is  a Double Album - 'Happiness is the Road', and the two volumes will be called 'Essence' and 'The Hard Shoulder'.  Early signs have been very promising, with two great tracks being pre-released to the fans:

Whatever is Wrong with You has been released as an mp3, and is the subject of a major video competition on YouTube, which already has >100 entries (see above).

Real Tears For Sale was previewed on Marillion's last tour, and is a real cracker.

My feeling is that this album is going to be great, and I certainly can't wait for October when it will drop through my letterbox.

All of this will be supported by a major European Tour through October/November.
 Post Reply Post Reply