Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 524>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 07:42
^Oh those are some fantastic acquisitions Audun!!! Hot damn!! Love both of them. Cool to see you finally got your hands on the ultimate SBB studio offering. I especially adore the drumming on it:) is it the one with the bonus cut Odesje on it?

A friend of mine recently got home from his vacation to France and returned with a couple of musical gifts to yours truly:) Luckily we have similar tastes in music - plus he asked me if there were some artists he should look out for)

Turzi - C ( Beautiful album that sounds like Dead Can Dance went rock and Lisa Gerrard opted for a more operatic voice. Such a soothing album this. Like watching glaciers form)
Jaga Jazzist - Starfire ( I've only had one full listen but liked what I heard. Still no match for their 2013 live album that literally blew everything they'd made previously out of the water. Anyway who knows? Starfire may just turn out to be the bee's knees)

Albums I purchased myself:
Ghost Rhythms - Madeleine ( Experimental jazz rock with a psychedelic twist? Yeah only had one spin of the first disc, so the verdict is definitely still out on this)
Alco Frisbass - s/t ( I know this one and love just about every Canterbury infused organ incorporated into it, but I have such a hard time getting past the programmed drums (although to be fair - they're done very well))
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 07:53
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ That took courage Clap
LOL
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

^Oh those are some fantastic acquisitions Audun!!! Hot damn!! Love both of them. Cool to see you finally got your hands on the ultimate SBB studio offering. I especially adore the drumming on it:) is it the one with the bonus cut Odesje on it?
The ultimate studio recording, you say? I like the sound of that. And yeah, it's got that bonus track. Good?

I also ordered Memento z banalnym tryptykiem after being blown away by it when hearing it on YT a few weeks back. Slowly but surely becoming a favourite of mine, SBB.

Jaga Jazzist - Starfire ( I've only had one full listen but liked what I heard. Still no match for their 2013 live album that literally blew everything they'd made previously out of the water. Anyway who knows? Starfire may just turn out to be the bee's knees)
Yeah, I've only listened to it a couple of times myself. Very good, I'd say, but not as good as O-AB perhaps, and definitely not as good as the Britten Sinfonia one, that's my favourite as well.

Edited by The Bearded Bard - July 06 2015 at 07:55
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 07:58
Odesje is actually a demo of what was to become the album 'Slovenian Girls'. As much as I dig SG, I still vastly prefer this raw and unadulterated version of it....and yes it is absolutely fantastic imo. Love the Eastern sounding start of it. One of my fave SBB tracks actually.

Cool to see I'm not the only one who rates Britten S so highly:)
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 08:34
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Live
Faun Fables - Transit Rider
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 08:40

Ghost Rhythms - Madeleine ( Experimental jazz rock with a psychedelic twist? Yeah only had one spin of the first disc, so the verdict is definitely still out on this)
Alco Frisbass - s/t ( I know this one and love just about every Canterbury infused organ incorporated into it, but I have such a hard time getting past the programmed drums (although to be fair - they're done very well))

I'm enjoying the new JJ though as others have mentioned I don't think it's as good as One Armed Bandit which is my favorite of theirs

Ghost Rhythms - Madeleine could end up top 2 or 3 on the year for me, big step forward from their debut, minimalist jazz hints with experimentation.
Alco Frisbass - enjoying this one if its not really anything particularly special though the programmed drums are now a bit of a pain.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 08:58

Odesje is actually a demo of what was to become the album 'Slovenian Girls'. As much as I dig SG, I still vastly prefer this raw and unadulterated version of it....and yes it is absolutely fantastic imo. Love the Eastern sounding start of it. One of my fave SBB tracks actually.
Sounds intriguing. Can't wait to hear it!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 17:35
Arrived today...
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
The Birthday Massacre - Hide and Seek
The Birthday Massacre - Pins and Needles
X-Panda - Flight Of Fancy
Slivovitz - Bani Ahead
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 01:17
Ordered today from Amazon...
Elder - self titled
Elder - Dead Roots Stirring
Lonely Kamel - self titled
Lonely Kamel - Dust Devil
Mars Red Sky - Stranded In Arcadia
The Aristocrats - self titled
Causa Sui - Euporie Tide
Samsara Blues Experiment - Waiting For The Flood
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 10:31
Steve Hillage - Live@Deeply Vale (2LP)
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 16:47
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Ordered:

Il Balletto di Bronzo - Ys
Dün - Eros
Eskaton - 4 Visions
Henry Cow - Western Culture
Khan - Space Shanty
Locanda delle Fate -  Forse le lucciole non si amano più
Mezquita - Recuerdos de mi Tierra
Quella Vecchia Locanda - s/t
Quella Vecchia Locanda - Il Tempo della Gioia
Rhùn - Fanfare du Chaos
Samla Mammas Manna - Måltid
SBB - Memento z banalnym tryptykiem
Touch - s/t
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Unnoticeable in a Tiny Town, Invisible in the City
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - s/t
Weidorje - s/t

Bought:

When - Black, White and Grey

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Ordered from Rune Grammofon:</span>

Box - Studio 1
Deathprod - Treetop Drive
Deathprod - Imaginary Songs from Tristan da Cunha
Deathprod - Morals and Dogma
Strønen / Storløkken - Humcrush
Humcrush - Hornswoggle
Humcrush - Rest at Worlds End
Humcrush with Sidsel Endresen - Ha!
Huntsville - For the Middle Class
Huntsville - Eco, Arches & Eras
Motorpsycho - Demon Box (deluxe edition - 4CD/1DVD)
Supersilent - 1-3
Supersilent - 4
Supersilent - 5
Supersilent - 7 (DVD)
Supersilent - 8
Supersilent - 9
Supersilent - 10
Supersilent - 11
Supersilent - 12<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Received.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Jesus!! 
No, Rune Grammofon. Wink

Ok. Here is mine. 

Pink Floyd-- atom heart mother
Pink floyd-- the sound of thunder 
Pink floyd-- a saucerful of secrets
Pink floyd-- Wish you were here (immersion box set.) 
Pink floyd-- London 1966-1967
Pink floyd-- Is There Anybody out there? 1980 live
Pink Floyd--shine on (live) 1990
Pink floyd-- Uncut: a complete tour documentary (10 DVDs!) 
Skinny puppy--the greater wrong of the right
The gathering-- Always...
Cool! And, wow! 10 DVD's! Shocked Yeah, that tour documentary better be complete! Well, at least now we know what you'll be doing this summer. LOL

I have all their studio albums, so I've been thinking about getting some live Floyd myself. But I think Live at Pompeii will suffice, I'm not that big a fan. LOL

That's hilarious. You've got all their studio albums yet your not that big if a fan. Lol sarcasm looks good on ya, captain rune gramma phone. Lol.
Keep spinning Audun. I think you'll have to resort to putting albums in the kitchen for space mànagement. Lol

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 16:52

A friend of mine recently got home from his vacation to France and returned with a couple of musical gifts to yours truly:) Luckily we have similar tastes in music - plus he asked me if there were some artists he should look out for)

Turzi - C ( Beautiful album that sounds like Dead Can Dance went rock and Lisa Gerrard opted for a more operatic voice. Such a soothing album this. Like watching glaciers form)

Turzi C sounds really interesting. I can watch glaciers form. ;)
Dead can dance you say? I better check it out.

Thanks David. You are always good at doling out a good psychedelic breakfast.   :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 16:56
Last purchase for this month. Gotta save up for August. Big titles conning out for me !
Like....symphony x, disturbed, iron maiden, soulfly, and fear factory

Anyhow I got dream theater's Breaking the forth wall and I absolutely love it!!
Best live album since the score! Rivals the score 20th Ann. Too!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 18:05
CDs in today's mail...
The Trip - Atlantide & Live In Japan 2011 (double CD)
Maxophone - Live In Tokyo
Maxophone - self titled (Italian version)
Weedpecker - self titled
Eloy - Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes
Eloy - Colours
Eloy - Planets
Eloy - Time To Turn

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2015 at 11:51

Ordered:

Dün - Eros
Eskaton - 4 Visions
Henry Cow - Western Culture
Khan - Space Shanty
Locanda delle Fate -  Forse le lucciole non si amano più
Mezquita - Recuerdos de mi Tierra
Quella Vecchia Locanda - s/t
Quella Vecchia Locanda - Il Tempo della Gioia
Rhùn - Fanfare du Chaos
Samla Mammas Manna - Måltid
SBB - Memento z banalnym tryptykiem
Touch - s/t
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Unnoticeable in a Tiny Town, Invisible in the City
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - s/t
Weidorje - s/t
Received.

Ordered:

Biosphere Deathprod - Stator
Rocky's Filj - Storie di uomini e non

I have all their studio albums, so I've been thinking about getting some live Floyd myself. But I think Live at Pompeii will suffice, I'm not that big a fan. LOL
 That's hilarious. You've got all their studio albums yet your not that big if a fan. Lol sarcasm looks good on ya, captain rune gramma phone. Lol. 
Keep spinning Audun. I think you'll have to resort to putting albums in the kitchen for space mànagement. Lol
It's true. Not a big fan. I only have all their studio albums because I got the Discovery box at a pretty good discount, something like 50% off or something, can't remember, but I know it was cheaper than buying the PF albums I wanted separately. And then, since I had all the others, I just had to get TER. Like I was gonna miss one in my collection, not a chance! LOL
defectinggrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defectinggrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2015 at 13:13
Unoma - Croma
Triana - El Patio
Wallace Collection - Laughing Cavalier
Caravan - Live at Fairfield Hall
Hozier- Whole Lotta Love (track)

I hate predictive text!

Edited by defectinggrey - July 09 2015 at 13:15
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2015 at 14:44
Boss SY-300 Guitar Synthesizer. My pre-order became and order today. Should arrive in a couple days.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2015 at 17:26
In the mail...
Nautilus - 20,000 Miles Under The Sea
Delirium - Dolce Acqua
Hands - Strangelet
Hands - Twenty Five Winters
Genfuoco - Dentro L'Invisibile (new vinyl)
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2015 at 20:00
Today's mail...
The Machine - Drie
Wo Fat - The Gathering Dark
My Sleeping Karma - Soma
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2015 at 00:51
Leprous - The Congregation
Electrum - Standard Deviation (used)
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2015 at 11:33
Ordered:
Unreal City - La Crueltà Di Aprile, Il Paese Del Tramonto

Bought:
Dream Theater - The Studio Albums 1992-2011 (Half half priced, they probably read Micky's DT review LOL)
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Genesis - Live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 524>