Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 524>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 21:34
Magma - Mythes & Legendes DVD 3
Magma - Mythes & Legendes DVD 5
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 18:38
Bought:

Dungen - s/t
Dungen - Ta det lugnt
Dungen - 4
Elephant9 with Reine Fiske - Silver Mountain
Gentle Knife - s/t
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# ∞
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
Hawkwind - X in Search of Space
King Crimson - The Great Deceiver: Part One
King Crimson - The Great Deceiver: Part Two

Ordered:

The Mars Volta - Live
Vespero - Fitful Slumber Until 5 A.M.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 19:02
In today's mail...

Slivovitz - All You Can Eat
Earthless - Live At Roadburn
Earthless - Sonic Prayer
Jardin De La Croix - 187 Steps To Cross The Universe
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 22:59
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Bought:

Awesome man.

Hope you are having a great summer as well. I'm sure you are do to all your beautiful purchases.

All hail rune gramophone!!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 00:19
Went to the nearby JB HiFi for a packet of plastic LP covers and in their vinyl selection, came across MASTODON's 'Leviathan' album. I haven't spun it yet, but it's a pink vinyl version. I already have Crack The Skye and Once More.....which are both good, but I'm hoping for a more 'aggressive' sound, which I believe Leviathan caters to.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 06:47
Received:

Sannhet - Revisionist

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Bought:

Awesome man.

Hope you are having a great summer as well. I'm sure you are do to all your beautiful purchases.

All hail rune gramophone!!!
Yup, gotten my hands on a lot of great music over the last couple of months. Completed my GY!BE collection with those two. Planning to see them when they come here in November. I just hope there'll be tickets left at the end of next month, money is really tight right now, as you can imagine. Wink LOL

Speaking of empty wallets, saw you were planning a 31 album haul but decided to break it up. If you're like me, that was a tough decision, but a wise one. Wink LOL
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:31
Arrived today...

Baroness - Blue Record
Baroness - Red Album
Baroness - Yellow & Green
Helmet Of Gnats - self titled
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 07:46
I had an incredible day at the festival yesterday, and as always I never return empty-handed Tongue

Both Samsara LP's were signed by the band Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 12:26
^ Nice GG album there, Sam. Approve
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 12:45
Nice haul Samuel - I am digging that vinyl copy of More. I have mine on cd, but man would that LP look good instead
Also really fond of that Eloy album. They almost went Kraut on it and the subsequent album Floating (my personal fave).

Btw speaking of ze Germans - have you ever heard Grobschnitt's Solar Music Live album? A stable in any PSIKE team member's collection. Just ask Uwe

Oh and you walked out on Amon Dūūl ll?!!!?!?!?? You are hereby not invited to my birthday

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 12:53
I forgot to post about the albums I came home from Copenhagen with last month.

Jonas Munk - Pan (this man belongs on PA. Electronic methinks. One of the best albums I've heard in a long time.)
Causa Sui - Pewt'r Sessions 3 (he is here though just in the form of his 'main band'. Causa Sui are basically childhood friends jamming it out.)
Jakob Skøtt - Taurus Rising (Causa Sui drummer flipping out on wild electronics and old Berlin School. He even reminds me of late 70s Heldon (Interface, Bolero))

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 12:56
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

My sister gave me a couple of Amazon gift cards. She's been using telmore music and thought I could make better use of them
Well she was right!

Here's what I've ordered:

Algiers - s/t
Blanck Mass - Dumb Flesh (sideproject of F*ck Buttons)
Four Tet - Morning / Evening
The Amazing - Picture You
Everything Everything - Get to Heaven
The Orb - Moonbuilding 2703 ad
Eldberg - Par er heimur hugans

Recent albums that have snuck in the door:
Vespero - Fitful Slumbers
Death Grips - Fashion Week
Angel Dust Dealers - Euthanasia Broadcast Network (Pay what you like on bandcamp! Very nice horrorsynth)

What a great sister you have.
Nice haul courtesy of a sibling tiding. :)

She is a real zing maestro, if you ask me. Better than a bottle of rum.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 13:01

Bought:

Dungen - s/t
Dungen - Ta det lugnt
Dungen - 4
Elephant9 with Reine Fiske - Silver Mountain
Gentle Knife - s/t
Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte
Hawkwind - X in Search of Space
King Crimson - The Great Deceiver: Part One
King Crimson - The Great Deceiver: Part Two

Ordered:

The Mars Volta - Live
Vespero - Fitful Slumber Until 5 A.M.

How is the Silver Mountain? I am dying to know, but too poor to purchase it (for the time being - I am definitely getting it at some point. I mean, it's elephant9!

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 13:08

^ Nice GG album there, Sam. Approve
I don't know their music well but it's not every day I come across a GG LP. I'm sure I won't be disappointed Smile I'm not so sure about the Ashra one, since I never listened to it Tongue

Nice haul Samuel - I am digging that vinyl copy of More. I have mine on cd, but man would that LP look good instead
Also really fond of that Eloy album. They almost went Kraut on it and the subsequent album Floating (my personal fave).

Btw speaking of ze Germans - have you ever heard Grobschnitt's Solar Music Live album? A stable in any PSIKE team member's collection. Just ask Uwe

Oh and you walked out on Amon Dūūl ll?!!!?!?!?? You are hereby not invited to my birthday
They had almost every Floyd album on vinyl but I only bought More, it's the only one I didn't have on CD... except for The Final Cut, I don't want that in my collection LOL
Yes, the early albums are great, it's the first Eloy album I bought, I never saw any before.

I never heard that album, I'll look into it Thumbs Up

Oh, I really wanted to go CryTongue Believe me, I really wanted to enjoy it Confused

I forgot to post about the albums I came home from Copenhagen with last month.

Jonas Munk - Pan (this man belongs on PA. Electronic methinks. One of the best albums I've heard in a long time.)
Causa Sui - Pewt'r Sessions 3 (he is here though just in the form of his 'main band'. Causa Sui are basically childhood friends jamming it out.)
Jakob Skøtt - Taurus Rising (Causa Sui drummer flipping out on wild electronics and old Berlin School. He even reminds me of late 70s Heldon (Interface, Bolero))
All vinyl? Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 13:15
All vinyl yes
That Pan album though...oh my word it is beautiful. So unbelievably chill and old school sounding. Ashra meets Jimi Hendrix on their way to record a second, more electronic sounding, 'More'.
I am in love.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 13:21
Cool Cool That's an awesome description, I'll check it later too Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 13:25

How is the Silver Mountain? I am dying to know, but too poor to purchase it (for the time being - I am definitely getting it at some point. I mean, it's elephant9!
I've only listened to it once so far, but I actually think it's my favourite, at least it's the first of their albums I liked on first listen. It's more laid back, and less in-your-face, than Elephant9 and Fiske's first collaboration, Atlantis, with some really nice almost psychedelic passages, so it's a bit different from the rest of their output, but it still got the typical Elephant9 sound with Storløkken's keys taking up much space, and with as ferocious drumming as ever. Still early days, but I can see this ending high up on my list of albums of the year. So, yeah, run out and get it first thing tomorrow morning, David, you don't need to eat anything but knækbrød for the next month. Wink
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 21:22
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 14:16
Bought:

Can - Soundtracks
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2015 at 17:37
Received:

The Mars Volta - Live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 524>