Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 09:40
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Mirror Image Mirror Image wrote:

Bought another Eloy album:

Great pick up.

Cool, I can't wait to hear it. Cool
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 09:41

Pink Floyd--- Animals (remastered 2011 copy)

Incredible album. Excellent remaster by James Guthrie.

Edited by Mirror Image - August 19 2014 at 09:41
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 09:58

I have a question about that remaster: is it normal that the volume goes up and down on the talkbox solo of Pigs or is it just my copy? The other CD remaster and my vinyl copy don't do that Tongue
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:09
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I have a question about that remaster: is it normal that the volume goes up and down on the talkbox solo of Pigs or is it just my copy? The other CD remaster and my vinyl copy don't do that Tongue

Umm I've noticed that myself. I guess Guthrie and co decided to do this for the final pressing. The album would have been better if Andy Jackson re-produced it. Anyway. It's not just your copy, but I actually quite like that little volume flutter. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:10

Bought another Eloy album:

Great pick up.
Cool, I can't wait to hear it. Cool

Best live album release of this year so far for me. I would give it a full 5 beans. :)
And on top of that its a great recording as well. Hope you like it. :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:17

Umm I've noticed that myself. I guess Guthrie and co decided to do this for the final pressing. The album would have been better if Andy Jackson re-produced it. Anyway. It's not just your copy, but I actually quite like that little volume flutter. :)

Good to know. For almost three years I thought I had a faulty copy LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:22

Good to know. For almost three years I thought I had a faulty copy LOL

Not all recordings are perfect, and its very rare that any are quite flawless with zero hiccups present.
This is why I appreciate certain recordings for how they were recorded and not necessarily for how much I love the music. Actually, just last year THE RAVEN THAT REFUSED TO SING is a masterful recording with not a single blemish on it. I guess it helps when Alan Parsons and Steven Wilson join forces. Give that a spin through your gear when you get a chance. Incredible. :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:49

Not all recordings are perfect, and its very rare that any are quite flawless with zero hiccups present.
This is why I appreciate certain recordings for how they were recorded and not necessarily for how much I love the music. Actually, just last year THE RAVEN THAT REFUSED TO SING is a masterful recording with not a single blemish on it. I guess it helps when Alan Parsons and Steven Wilson join forces. Give that a spin through your gear when you get a chance. Incredible. :)

This album is the next on my wishlist: it's my favorite from last year and I like it better than any PT album. I can't wait to have it, although I don't know which format I'll buy Confused

Edited by Meltdowner - August 19 2014 at 10:53
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 10:53

This album is the next on my wishlist: it's my favorite from last year and I like it better than any PT album. I can't wait to have it Smile

Sorry to but in here, but may I ask you what PT albums you've heard?
Just curious because my own faves are among the ones people usually steer clear off, which is such a shame. Metanoia and Transmission IV are great examples of this. If you dig ethereal psychedelic guitar driven psych rock - often improvised and without vocals, then you'll love theseThumbs Up

Edited by Guldbamsen - August 19 2014 at 11:11
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 11:09
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

This album is the next on my wishlist: it's my favorite from last year and I like it better than any PT album. I can't wait to have it Smile

Sorry to bud in here, but may I ask you what PT albums you've heard?

All of them. It's not that I don't like PT: I absolutely love their music (you can check my ratings), but I think everyone listen to albums that don't seem special to many, but inexplicably can move them more than known masterpieces. This one is that case for me Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 11:13
Ahh ok. I think I know what you're sayingSmile 

Btw I edited my earlier post. Do you know those two?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 11:50

Ahh ok. I think I know what you're sayingSmile 

Btw I edited my earlier post. Do you know those two?

I've listened to Metanoia once and I thought it was quite good. I'll have to listen to Transmission IV.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 11:53

All of them. It's not that I don't like PT: I absolutely love their music (you can check my ratings), but I think everyone listen to albums that don't seem special to many, but <span id="result_" ="short_text" lang="en"><span ="hps">inexplicably </span></span>can move them more than known masterpieces. This one is that case for me Smile

Boy. The smile on your face when you get that lossless cd quality sound running through your ears will be huge. :)
As for PT. I can listen to Gavin Harrison drum all damn day. :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 13:33

All of them. It's not that I don't like PT: I absolutely love their music (you can check my ratings), but I think everyone listen to albums that don't seem special to many, but inexplicably can move them more than known masterpieces. This one is that case for me Smile

Boy. The smile on your face when you get that lossless cd quality sound running through your ears will be huge. :)

I hope you're right Big smile
EDIT: Ordered Tongue

Edited by Meltdowner - August 19 2014 at 15:20
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2014 at 16:21
Wigwam - Being
Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Ys
Magma - Felicite Thosz
Faust - So Far
Amon Duul II - Wolf City
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 06:25
After the 'Enlightened one' Dave (Guldbamsen) shared his thoughts about possible excitements of the new pink Floyd album he had mentioned a pretty interesting collaboration between The Orb and David Gilmour called, METALLIC SPHERES. I felt kinda sheepish that I didn't know Gilmour was on this album, so I picked it up on e-bay for 13$. Why not. :)

Thanks again Dave! How I missed this one years past I don't know.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 06:40
LOL
Yay Nick!! I hope you like it (crosses fingers)

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 06:45

I hope you're right Big smileEDIT: Ordered Tongue

May I also mention that the artwork is fantastic in the cd booklet. Love the monstrous looking figure to depict 'The holy Drinker.' It's cool man. Great album as well. Don't think I'd put it over all PT albums, but some for sure.
Enjoy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 06:48

LOL

Yay Nick!! I hope you like it (crosses fingers)

Deed is done. May go on SPOTIFY to see if its there for a quick listen. I'm anxious. ;)
I'm sure I will get some major appreciation for this album. Anytime Gimour picks up an instrument my beard hairs stand up.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 07:14
Mr ButterfingersHeart

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 524>