Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 00:17
Ordered from Amazon...

Collapse Under The Empire - Shoulders & Giants
Collapse Under The Empire - Fragments Of A Prayer
Gotic - Maqueta
Tesseract - Altered State
Triade - 1998: La Storia Di Sabazio
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 00:36
Ordered:

ED - Hemmed By...
UZ - The Hard Quest (Japanese)
AKA Moon - Double Live
AR - Azufe
WMWS - One Night...
Trumpets & Drums - Live...
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 18:54
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Received:

Sannhet - Revisionist

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Bought:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# ∞
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Awesome man.

Hope you are having a great summer as well. I'm sure you are do to all your beautiful purchases.

Yup. I bought a new pair of headphones instead for traveling/street use purposes. It was a good decision.

All hail rune gramophone!!!
Yup, gotten my hands on a lot of great music over the last couple of months. Completed my GY!BE collection with those two. Planning to see them when they come here in November. I just hope there'll be tickets left at the end of next month, money is really tight right now, as you can imagine. Wink LOL

Speaking of empty wallets, saw you were planning a 31 album haul but decided to break it up. If you're like me, that was a tough decision, but a wise one. Wink LOL

Yup. I bought a new pair headphones instead. Had to improve my travel rig for the streets! it was a great decision on my end. Also, I am going to see GYBE too! Got tickets for the 25th of September. :)
Looking forward to it. Be the first time Ive seen them.
Oh and I'm for sure going out tomorrow (sept 4th) to get iron maiden's latest unless somebody shoots me in the leg.
...who am I kidding..that still wouldn't stop me!

Should be an adventure, the book of souls that is. :)

So yeah my recent purchase

IRON MAIDEN-- The Book of souls.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 01:01
Today's orders...

My Sleeping Karma - Moksha
My Sleeping Karma - self titled
My Sleeping Karma - Tri
Calibro 35 - Traditori Di Tutti
Calibro 35 - Ritornano Quelli Di
Samsara Blues Experiment - Revelation & Mystery
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 10:14
Bought (yeah, I know, I really should stop LOL, I've bought enough stuff...for this month Evil Smile):

The Esoteric Circle - s/t

I am going to see GYBE too! Got tickets for the 25th of September. :)
Looking forward to it. Be the first time Ive seen them.
Cool As I said, hope there'll be tickets left for me at the end of the month. It'll be my first time seeing them as well, I'd hate to have a chance to see them and then miss out.

Speakin' of concerts, I'll be going downtown to see Elephant9 with Reine Fiske (and special guest Terje Rypdal) in a couple of hours. E9 w/RF's new album is excellent, one of my favourites of the year so far.

Haven't heard anything from Terje Rypdal before, that's why I got The Esoteric Circle, an early recording of him playing with, amongst others, another legendary Norwegian jazz/fusion musician, Jan Garbarek (which I haven't heard anything from before either, so I guess TEC will be a good place to start exploring both Big smile).

Oh and I'm for sure going out tomorrow (sept 4th) to get iron maiden's latest unless somebody shoots me in the leg.
...who am I kidding..that still wouldn't stop me!

Should be an adventure, the book of souls that is. :)

So yeah my recent purchase

IRON MAIDEN-- The Book of souls.
LOL
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 10:22

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

How is the Silver Mountain? I am dying to know, but too poor to purchase it (for the time being - I am definitely getting it at some point. I mean, it's elephant9!
I've only listened to it once so far, but I actually think it's my favourite, at least it's the first of their albums I liked on first listen. It's more laid back, and less in-your-face, than Elephant9 and Fiske's first collaboration, Atlantis, with some really nice almost psychedelic passages, so it's a bit different from the rest of their output, but it still got the typical Elephant9 sound with Storløkken's keys taking up much space, and with as ferocious drumming as ever. Still early days, but I can see this ending high up on my list of albums of the year. So, yeah, run out and get it first thing tomorrow morning, David, you don't need to eat anything but knækbrød for the next month. Wink

This is manna from the heavens as far as I'm concernedClap It's the thing I was hoping for when they did Atlantis with Reine, and sure we got a few laid back chill out guitar sprinklings here and there, but it was still largely the heavy in-your-face elephant9 style that ruled the coop.
I think it's the only way forth for the band - trying to work with the slow and more intimate sections within their music - figure out how far they can stretch the rubber band and still have it merge successfully with their 'sound'.

and no buddy, I definitely need more than knækbrød to keep the bamse engine runningLOL

Edited by Guldbamsen - September 03 2015 at 10:23
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 10:39
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - 4 CD box set.
Flying Saucer Attack - Instrumentals 2015.
Gang Of Four - What Happens Next.
Conrad Schnitzler and Pyrolator - ConStruct.
Stina Nordenstan - Memories Of A Color.
Smashing Pumpkins - The Aeroplane Flies High box set (expanded 2013 reissue).
The Pop Group - Y.
Magazine - Maybe It's Right To Be Nervous Now (3 CD rarities box set).
Led Zeppelin - Presence (remastered 2 CD edition).
Wire - Red Barked Tree.
Dark Horses - Hail Lucid State.
Bauhaus - Mask (3 CD omnibus edition).
Alva Noto - Xerrox Vol 3.
Clock DVA - Horology 2.
Opal - Early Recordings.

Edited by King Only - September 03 2015 at 10:40
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 10:46
^Nice haul!
Any man that listens to Wire and Conrad Schnitzler obviously s'got taste.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 10:56

^Nice haul!
Any man that listens to Wire and Conrad Schnitzler obviously s'got taste.

Thanks! 

I spent a lot more money than I expected to on music this month, stumbled across some things that I just couldn't resist. So now I'm broke until my next payday.

I've been into Schnitzler for a while. But I only started getting into Wire recently, can't believe I ignored them for so many years. Always great finding a 'new' band and then exploring the back catalog. Apparently there are some Wire side projects called Githead and Dome so I'm looking forward to checking those out too.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 11:10
I think I've been a fan for almost 20 years by now - always cool to see a fellow Wire enthusiast. I trust you got 154 and Missing Chairs?

Oh and regarding that Jimi Hendrix boxset - is it this one?

...if so then you're really in for a treatThumbs Up Some of his best guitar playing resides on those discs and nowhere else.

- Douglas Adams
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 11:32

Regarding that Jimi Hendrix boxset - is it this one?

Yes, it's that purple one. I've listened to the first two CDs so far and yeah, it's great. One of the things I love about Hendrix is he never plays a song the same way twice.  

I think I've been a fan for almost 20 years by now - always cool to see a fellow Wire enthusiast. I trust you got 154 and Missing Chairs? 

I just started listening to them last month. I haven't got 154 and Missing Chairs yet but they are on my 'to buy' list. But I've run out of spending money this month! So far I have only bought 3 of their albums: the self titled 2015 album, Object 47 and Red Barked Tree. I also bought an album called Orr, which is an experimental collaboration between Bruce Gilbert, Robert Hampson and Paul Kendall.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 11:37
LOL
Sorry but that has got to be a first. Never met anyone who didn't discover Wire through those two albums. Well you've got something to look forward to then.

Thanks for the scoop on that Orr collab btw.

- Douglas Adams
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 00:26
Ordered...

Colour Haze - self titled
Colour Haze - All
Puscifer - Conditions Of My Parole
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 13:20
Received:

Ulver - A Quick Fix of Melancholy EP

How is the Silver Mountain? I am dying to know, but too poor to purchase it (for the time being - I am definitely getting it at some point. I mean, it's elephant9!
I've only listened to it once so far, but I actually think it's my favourite, at least it's the first of their albums I liked on first listen. It's more laid back, and less in-your-face, than Elephant9 and Fiske's first collaboration, Atlantis, with some really nice almost psychedelic passages, so it's a bit different from the rest of their output, but it still got the typical Elephant9 sound with Storløkken's keys taking up much space, and with as ferocious drumming as ever. Still early days, but I can see this ending high up on my list of albums of the year. So, yeah, run out and get it first thing tomorrow morning, David, you don't need to eat anything but knækbrød for the next month. Wink
This is manna from the heavens as far as I'm concernedClap It's the thing I was hoping for when they did Atlantis with Reine, and sure we got a few laid back chill out guitar sprinklings here and there, but it was still largely the heavy in-your-face elephant9 style that ruled the coop.
True, like on "A Foot in Both". They've taken more of this onto their new one in a very convincing way, IMO.

I think it's the only way forth for the band - trying to work with the slow and more intimate sections within their music - figure out how far they can stretch the rubber band and still have it merge successfully with their 'sound'.
And how they succeed with that!

and no buddy, I definitely need more than knækbrød to keep the bamse engine runningLOL
Same here, although this bamse might need to resort to knekkebrød this month. LOL

Edited by The Bearded Bard - September 06 2015 at 06:30
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 15:08
Arrived today...

Collapse Under The Empire - Find A Place To Be Safe
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 18:27
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

Arrived today...

Collapse Under The Empire - Find A Place To Be Safe
Never heard of them, but what a great band name.  I'm going to check them out.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 18:47
^ Instrumental electronic post rock from Germany.
They have quite a bit on YouTube and Bandcamp.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 01:09
Ordered today...

Dwellers - Pagan Fruit
Wo Fat - Noche Del Chupacabra
Jeremy Irons & The Ratgang Malibus - Spirit Knife
Echos And Signals - V
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2015 at 12:17
ProgDay purchases

Cabezas De Cera - Metal Musica / Aleaciones Aleatorias
Ut Gret - Recent Fossils
Daniel Waitkus - Anxiety
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2015 at 16:37
Ordered:

Möbius Project - Ra Me Nivar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 524>