Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 15:09
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

^Is your reissue a gatefold? 

IDK if you mean the QVL one or the Banco vinyl but they are both gatefolds. I especially really like the QVL gatefold. It's beautiful.

Edited by BunBun - August 30 2016 at 15:11
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 15:12
Oh nice, glad they are doing that on the reissue, the artwork on that one is cool.  Smile  I have the Japan mini so my artwork is there, but smaller  (QVL)

Edited by Finnforest - August 30 2016 at 15:13

BunBun View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 15:22
Oh I know right! I absolutely love gatefolds, The artwork on the jacket is great and to have even more on the inside is the cherry on top Big smile
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 15:24
Originally posted by BunBun BunBun wrote:

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about them. Anyways, to answer your question, I got the new 2016 reissue of it that is distributed by Sony Music. I have yet to listen to it, but i think ill find the time later today.
Oh, I didn't know it was recently reissued, I'll have to look into that! From Sony Music, I have the vinyl reissue of "Storia di un Minuto" and it sounds really good. Please let me know how's that one Smile

Speaking of QVL, I spun this beauty the other day Approve

Edited by Meltdowner - August 30 2016 at 15:24
BunBun View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 15:48
^ Nice, I would love to have their first one as well. But yeah, I think sony also just reissued Banco's 1st album as well, which Ill have to get at some point then I'll their first three masterpieces Big smile Then ill have to keep an eye peeled for their other material lol

I also have PFM's 1st two LPs, which sound great. I have all of PFMs essential albums from their 1st all the way up to Jet Lag, all i need is Chocolate Kings. Im keeping my eyes peeled when i go out record hunting. Anyways, Ill post my thoughts as soon as I get a listen or two in.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 16:11
^ And I'll have to get their second one Tongue I still don't have a single album from Banco Embarrassed

"Per Un Amico" was reissued as well? I ended up buying it on CD last March. Thanks! Thumbs Up
By the way, be careful about the latest vinyl reissue of Maxophone, I'm really not happy with it. It was mastered way too loud and it has lots of distortion. I always have to lower the volume when I play it.
BunBun View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 16:38
^ Hey, I appreciate the heads up. Its funny that you mention it because I've been seriously considering getting a copy.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 16:54
If I knew that I would have saved the money for a very nice sounding (and looking) Japanese CD copy, I'm really happy with the Zarathustra one I bought. Well, at least I have a big cover to look at LOL
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 09:41
Hey, RPI vinylheads, I hope you've not all gone home after yestarday's disscussion on Italiano LPs. I've got a question. A fella locally is selling a vinyl reissue of Museo Rosenbach's Zarathustra for what equals 21 American dollars. It's a gatefold and the guy says it was pressed by: "Ricordi Records/Bootleg" (whatever that means). The disc is said to be in mint condition and the cover looks very shiny and beautiful. Judging by what Discogs has got to say, it is this. What do you say? Is it worth it? Is it rare? Has any of you already encountered this pressing, if so, does it sound good? Thanks in advance.

Edited by ALotOfBottle - August 31 2016 at 09:43
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 09:47
Hi Tymon wish I could help you but I'm not using vinyl anymore so haven't paid attention to these issues.  I would also post this question in the Den so some of the RPI guys might see it. 

I wouldn't mind getting back into vinyl one day but there's never enough time for all the projects I want to do.   Mini LP cds is probably as close as I'll get.  Some of them are very nice. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 10:10
^^ I know someone who has that reissue and he said it's quite good for an unofficial edition. It's up to you if you really want it on vinyl. For much less you can have this one that I highly recommend though, it's one of the best sounding CD's I have.

Edited by Meltdowner - August 31 2016 at 10:11
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 13:19
^You know what? I think I'm going to go with the vinyl, not only because I'm a vinyl fetishist. I mean, the cheapest one on Discogs costs 35 euros without shipping and I can get it for about 20 and if, as the person you know says, it actually sounds good, it's a deal. It's about as much as I would pay for that CD you recommend (with shipping). If it sounds bad, I will sell it (highly likely still with income) and will definitely head to the CD, which is surprisingly cheap for a Japanese one. Still, Sam, thanks for your message. It's tough getting RPI albums. I was looking for Cervello today and the cheapest CDs are still pretty expensive. Oh well, I guess you really have to wait for the best deals.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 03:21
^ Oh, I thought the price you mentioned was without shipping, it's not that risky then. If it doesn't sound good, you could also frame the cover Tongue
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 03:25
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Oh, I thought the price you mentioned was without shipping, it's not that risky then. If it doesn't sound good, you could also frame the cover Tongue

Or damage, age, relic the cover a bit, pretend it's an original pressing, and sell it for 1000 dollars on ebay (one person is attempting to sell it for 1900 as we speak).

Edited by ALotOfBottle - September 01 2016 at 03:27
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 13:59

Speaking of QVL, I spun this beauty the other day Approve

Sweet! Love that albumHeart

As for me recently...

Received:

Aiming for Enrike - Mao Miro
Bubu - Anabelas
The Samuel Jackson Five - Same Same But Different

Bought:

Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night
King Crimson - Live in Toronto
The Samuel Jackson Five - Seasons in the Hum
Tusmørke - Ført bak lyset
Robert Wyatt - '68

Ordered:

Bushman's Revenge - Jazz, fritt etter hukommelsen
Bushman's Revenge - Bushman's Fire
Hedvig Mollestad Trio - Black Stabat Mater
Hedvig Mollestad Trio - Evil in Oslo
Naxatras - II
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 18:19
Arrived...

Dunst - Archimedes Waffen  (black vinyl)
Ahkmed - The Inland Sea  (2xLP 180gr blue vinyl) no. 202 of 250

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2016 at 06:20
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

Or damage, age, relic the cover a bit, pretend it's an original pressing, and sell it for 1000 dollars on ebay (one person is attempting to sell it for 1900 as we speak).

$1900!!!
Think of the amp or headphones you could buy instead of that. Lol I seriously wonder if anyone has really paid close to 2000$ for a record. That's simply crazy. Collector or not.
Anyway. Got a small haul to finish my first full week in London doing my solar work.

Vangelios-- 1492: conquest of paradise. ( great recording. Glad I finally bought this one on cd. )
The Tea Party-- Release ( Maxi Single.)
Opeth-- Ghost Reveries

More to come. Going to Toronto' HMV Superstore today. Good to be back home. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2016 at 06:58
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

$1900!!!
Think of the amp or headphones you could buy instead of that. Lol I seriously wonder if anyone has really paid close to 2000$ for a record. That's simply crazy. Collector or not.
Anyway. Got a small haul to finish my first full week in London doing my solar work.

Vangelios-- 1492: conquest of paradise. ( great recording. Glad I finally bought this one on cd. )
The Tea Party-- Release ( Maxi Single.)
It's not even in mint condition. Yeah, I'd rather spend that on gear and play my CD with stellar quality Wink

Maxi singles, that's so old school Tongue I never listened to that Vangelis album, he has so many great records.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2016 at 07:01
^  If you check out popsike.com you will see that original copies of Zarathustra have sold for over $2000.
The three highest winning bids were $2032, $2250 and $2326.
BunBun View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2016 at 07:21
Yeah, I also saw Alphataurus's 1st LP sell for over $2000 on discogs lol. Yea, its a cool album but think of all the things you could spend with that money. Some vinyl people are very obsessive (I love vinyl but come one!). All I can say is thank goodness for reissues. I would only own CDs of my RPI music.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 524>