Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIO/Avant Drop-In Centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 161>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 05:48
Nice
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOTOMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 06:48
I'm still listening too much more jazz and electronic noise tapes than "prog" in itself. Just bought Arrigo Barnabé new album. The female singer is 10/10. Dodecaphonic songwriting again.
Udi Koomran View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udi Koomran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 03:37
Art Zoyd are launching a fund raising project to help finance their 44.5 Anniversary tour that will commence at the RIO Festival in September with solid plans to play in Japan and perhaps the US
A lot of work is put into this including transcribing the old compositions and extensive rehearsals with pat members Zaboitzeff Jean-Jean Pierre Soarez and Daniel Denis
A 11 cd box set of unreleased archival recordings is in the works plans for release late 2015 / early 2016 !
I hope all fans will participate in helping this become an amazing event 
Info :
http://www.ulule.com/artzoyd-concert/
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 06:08
Fantastic news and thanks for the heads up!  Hope they make it to the UK but probably not...
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOTOMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 07:36
Skalla-Grim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skalla-Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 08:22
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Yoshi posted on facebook that a new Korekyojinn album is due out on 6/20!

I, for one, am very excited about it.

That sounds great. I'm listening to it on the Magaibutsu website, though I hope to purchase a hardcopy soon. As I expected, it's wonderful music with the distinctive Tatsuya Yoshida drum sound.

http://magaibutsu.com/mgb/korekyojinn/

I'm still sad that there has been no news from Koenjihyakkei for a long time, which is still Yoshida's best project in my opinion.
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 05:54
Art Zoyd fans - they are not quite at their crowd funding target which closes on the 11th September.  Wish I could get to these special concerts....
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 08:35
I've contributed to that, really looking forward to seeing them at RIO
Ian

Udi Koomran View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udi Koomran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 07:13
Support this great band  - yes they made the goal but I think they aimed too low
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/50850911/thinking-plague-new-cd-for-2016

Mike :
Well, there are actually 7 days left in this campaign, eventhough we already hit our goal. And predictably, pledges have leveled off sharply since then, although there have been a couple new backers. In the mean time, I have not been "pushing it since we hit our goal because, having laid out our plan and expected budget needs and so on, on the Kickstarter page, well...it seemed kind of greedy or opportunistic to go asking for more. 
However!...... ;^ > ..... I have been looking at other costs, such as that of flying to certain locations to be able to work with certain producer-engineers on mixing the new CD, not to mention related expenses such as accommodation, food, etc. I was reluctant to shoot for more than $8,000, because....well, frankly, I really had no idea if we'd be able to raise even a fraction of that (again, I have been blown away by this outpouring of support!). 
But as it turned out, you wonderful folks pledged the full amount in only about 2 weeks! Hindsight is 20/20, etc., etc., but perhaps we should have set a higher goal! Because, if things go as predicted, It's likely there won't be funds left to cover those other costs.
Therefore, I guess, if some folks are still interested in helping us (and availing themselves of the rewards), it wouldn't be merely be giving us a surplus we don't need. It would actually be guarantying that we can finish the entire process without delay or compromise.
So, if you excellent backers are willing to send out one last appeal via your various channels and connections, we'd be much obliged.
Thank you very much.
Mike - Thinking Plague

Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 06:37
Art Zoyd reach crowd funding target!!

http://fr.ulule.com/artzoyd-concert/news/

You lucky people going to Carmaux are in for a treat...(I hope they record it...)
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 10:03
Thumbs Up
Great news.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2015 at 14:34
I'm stoked to see the following on the Oteme web site:

October 2015 – OTEME‘s new CD release L’AGGUATO, L’ABBANDONO, IL MUTAMENTO – Maracash Records

Il Giardino Disincantato ended up being one of my favourite records of the last few years, very much looking forward to hearing more.

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2015 at 14:45
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

I'm stoked to see the following on the Oteme web site:

October 2015 – OTEME‘s new CD release L’AGGUATO, L’ABBANDONO, IL MUTAMENTO – Maracash Records

Il Giardino Disincantato ended up being one of my favourite records of the last few years, very much looking forward to hearing more.

Great news! Il Giardino Disincantato is simply gorgeous (there is a review of it on my blog). Glad to meet a fellow fan, and looking forward to the new album!
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2015 at 15:00
^ I believe it was your review that got me interested to hear them, so thanks indeed!

Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 09:55
Sampler from Yugen album due out on March 21st

Ian

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 10:10
Ian, have you heard the new Mamma Non Piangere, the newest AltrOck release? It's great, thought there may be a bit too much singing (and in Italian to boot) for your tastes.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 11:23
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Ian, have you heard the new Mamma Non Piangere, the newest AltrOck release? It's great, thought there may be a bit too much singing (and in Italian to boot) for your tastes.

I listened to it yesterday along with the recent Homunculus Res, I enjoyed both a lot and they'll both probably be in my next order. Must admit to being a bit nervous about the vocals when the started but I was digging it by the end. 
Ian

VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOTOMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 12:23
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 08:50
Sample from the new Panzerpappa released today on altrock

Ian

VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOTOMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 09:04
if you didnt have a chance to get  The Concrete Jazz of Esmectatons EP, good news: a few more copies available, as well as CD new editions for other previous works and other merch stuff. A little ex below:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 161>