Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPiirpauke to be added to PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piirpauke to be added to PA
    Posted: August 16 2008 at 15:36
well in my endless searching of try to know and at same time complete PA to be the number 1 in prog rock, i find this band of Finnland that deserves to be in PA for the following reasons:

PIIRPAUKE has been a pioneer of progressive for so long, that some people might take the band for granted.Piirpauke has always been changing - not following fashions but pursuing new fresh interests and ideas from band leader Sakari Kukko.Somehow Piirpauke always manages to make the diverse material sound like their own.

By now, most people are aware of progressive rock and realize that it simply means the appreciation of the best tunes from all over the world.

Sakari Kukko - visionary, world traveller and multi-instrumentalist from Finland - saw it coming more than 20 years ago, when he formed the first line-up of Piirpauke and was immediately awarded with a hit. Since that first success with a poignant Karelian folk tune, Sakari has guided his ever-improving line-ups on musical journeys through the delights of Balkan, Turkey, Africa, Latin America and points in between. After more than a dozen albums and many tours and concerts in Spain, Scandinavia, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Cuba, Soviet Union, India and Turkey the band is now ready to set their sights further afield. Sakari and his saxes, flutes and keyboards have never been content with merely polite "fusion music", but have always striven to draw the most fire and beauty from the most inspiring sources, no matter where.

So,  may i  do the honors?

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 13:49
Would need music samples for evaluation first.
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 11:46

At last i listened to this album, and as i was talking earlier with my friend Alberto i told him that i support his suggestion, which in my personal opinion would be to Prog Folk, the album is relatively short but it gathers several folk and sometimes ethnic tunes, with a soft rock element always sounding.

Sadly so far i have not found a site for samples or something, so if you wish i may send you a couple of tracks.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 12:25
Hmmh, wouldn't oppose, although I do think they're more 'world music' than prog. Still, it's unquestionably proggy music, and I think that their influence on Finnish progressive music shouldn't be underestimated. Good band.
 Post Reply Post Reply