Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVice President choices.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: In your opinion which candidate made the better choice?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [40.00%]
4 [13.33%]
2 [6.67%]
3 [10.00%]
9 [30.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vice President choices.
    Posted: August 29 2008 at 13:17
With the news today that McCain has finally made his decision I thought that it was timely.

Edited by crimhead - August 31 2008 at 14:14
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 13:24
All I can say about McCain's pick is I hope history repeats itself. Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - August 29 2008 at 21:20
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 14:53
I voted for a shruberry provided we can locate a qualified shrubber.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 15:23
No offense but I think that with Bush, we have had enough shrubbery in office to last a lifetime and we really don't need any more shrubs running this country.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 15:37

As a Brit without a vote in this, I thought the Democrats had really stolen a march with their final 2 candidates for the nomination. It seems to me though that McCain has played something of a trump card with his choice for VP.

This could be the most entertaining election the US has had since West Wing finished.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 15:39
Bah! There's already too many shrubs in the American government as is.LOL Personally, I think McCain's choice, regardless of one's political affiliations, was an absolutely brilliant choice. It has great potential to draw more female voters toward the Republicans and highlights the riff that, I believe, still exists between Obama and Clinton.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 17:22
its the Vice President...

McCain and Obama look like pretty assertive figures... Unlike Bush.

So shouldn't really matter as much.
febus View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 18:04
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Yes and no.......McCain is kind of old and if something bad happens to him, we have this governess from Alaska for 2 years as president. of USA..........so much for Obama..inexperience, supposedly!!!Wink
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 18:20
Originally posted by febus febus wrote:

Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Yes and no.......McCain is kind of old and if something bad happens to him, we have this governess from Alaska for 2 years as president. of USA..........so much for Obama..inexperience, supposedly!!!Wink

yep... sharp minds.. intellects far greater than our own.. actually think age.. not race is going to be the decider that people won't 'admit' to.  And as usual.. those intellects don't reside on the right....  that was an odd selection.. not a good two days for McCain.  Getting violated up the ass  verbally last night by Obama LOL (priceless.. so much for a general feel good speech.. loved it) then this odd selection today.

in case you all were wondering... I had to tell him I was busy and couldn't do it.

Edited by micky - August 29 2008 at 18:21
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 20:11
Originally posted by birdwithteeth11 birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Bah! There's already too many shrubs in the American government as is.LOL Personally, I think McCain's choice, regardless of one's political affiliations, was an absolutely brilliant choice. It has great potential to draw more female voters toward the Republicans and highlights the riff that, I believe, still exists between Obama and Clinton.

hahhahah.. nope...

two points you ignore...

1)  put a black man on the ticket on the GOP... he doesn't win... excuse me for being a bit firm with you.  But that assumes that all that woman.. and extending the 'logic' of your post... blacks care about are shallow things as sex, or race.  People vote on candidates, issues, and how they effect them.  Figured you would have picked up on that somewhere along the line.

2.) riff....  look at the 'riff' in 2000.. how many McCain supporters who saw their candidate destroyed in the ruthless pursuit  and grab for power that was ..and is the heart everything W touches.  How many of them.. who had much more reason to hate Bush than woman do of Obama...  voted for the devil incarnate.. the Democrats.

not sure which world you are living in brother... but don't underestimate just how hated the current leadership is.. and by extension..  the Republican party is... by the Democratic Party.  These 8 years have seen the disregard of the Constitiution..  a needless war... a flaccid economy. There is no split...  you fall prey to oldest trick in book...  bitch and compain and make noise to draw attention.   The number of Democratic women... who will vote for McCain will be very small.. who relates as well to a middle class working mother as I relate to Vladimer Putin. 

dude.. you need to wake up and see what the state of this country is....  the GOP is not the only party that thinks the other side are the devil incarnate.   And we have the numbers.. always have.. just plagued by apathy.. always our weakness.  That.. is not an issue this year... I assume you saw the turnout for the primaries this year.

Edited by micky - August 29 2008 at 20:14
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
YesFan72 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 20:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSBgH_wf5bc

LOL A short biography about McCain's choice.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 20:28
hahahhahahhahha.. great find man!  You get the treasured clappies....

ClapClap

what town was that she was councilman of...

yes... McCain has the foreign policy experience...as long as he is alive

hahahhahhahhahha..

god I love politics...
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 20:59
I think Palin is a better choice, though neither candidate chose the best running mate they could have.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:08
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

I think Palin is a better choice, though neither candidate chose the best running mate they could have.

I would love to know why you think so....  as was mentioned earlier..  sort of makes his inexperience argument shallower than it could be.. and that is one of the only selling points ..if not the only he has over Obama.  Not that it means anything... look at 2000 again.

the talk shows here were having some kind of fun with it....

this is a candidate Pat.. who has one... one state budget she overseen...  and unless Alaska has treaties with foreign countries. .she has no experience with that.

perception ... is reality.... 

it looks like a stupid move..  thus it will/could be seen as such.  It strikes me as a terrible decision.. don't you think people are going to realize.. and they will in debates when these two are face to face... just how much of a reality that there is a chance that the ex-city councilwoman from sh*thole Alaska could be the next President. In a VERY dangerous world today..

oh no Pat...  love you brother.. .but someone really has to explain just how this was a good move. 

Edited by micky - August 29 2008 at 21:09
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:12
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I would love to know why you think so....  as was mentioned earlier..  sort of makes his inexperience argument shallower than it could be.. and that is one of the only selling points ..if not the only he has over Obama.  Not that it means anything... look at 2000 again.

this is a candidate Pat.. who has one... one state budget she overseen...  and unless Alaska has treaties with foreign countries. .she has no experience with that.

it looks like a stupid move..  thus it will/could be seen as such.  It strikes me as a terrible decision.. don't you think people are going to realize.. and they will in debates when these two are face to face... just how much of a reality that there is a chance that the ex-city councilwoman from sh*thole Alaska could be the next President. In a VERY dangerous world today..

oh no Pat...  love you brother.. .but someone really has to explain just how this was a good move. 

mick - I don't want to get into it too much, passions are running very high around here Wink

I still think McCain needed some energy in the conservative base and the conservatives love her.

But anyway if you think it's a stupid move, I guess you can breathe easy - if the hatred of the Administration and the Republican party is as deep as you believe, then there should be no problem come November.

Right?
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:13

what town was that she was councilman of...
Your Olympian condescension is really appaling......

Obama's experience in the Illinois Senate fares not much better.

As for the foreign policy, if elected, she will have to learn it while being #2; he will have to take a crash course the way Clinton did. Remember that great foreign policy maker?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:17
Both made interesting choices, that's all I have to say, other than may we live in interesting times. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - August 29 2008 at 21:19
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:20

mick - I don't want to get into it too much, passions are running very high around here Wink

I still think McCain needed some energy in the conservative base and the conservatives love her.

But anyway if you think it's a stupid move, I guess you can breathe easy - if the hatred of the Administration and the Republican party is as deep as you believe, then there should be no problem come November.

Right?

hahahha one of the joys of being a Democrat.. is enduring elections where you had the better candidate.. of course the better positions... everything lined up.. and yet still lose LOL 

jt shouldn't be a problem... .BUT if Obama pulls a Kerry out of his hat and forgets he has balls and has to respond to attacks rather than be a bigger man... then the Dem's will find a way to lose this as well. Which is why his speech was so important last night...  he did cast the gauntlet down...

but it is a LONG way to November.. you know that as I do...

and shoring up his weakened base might have been necessary.. but at the cost of having the middle wonder just what the world is he thinking... 

anyway...  it is why we love politics.. there are NO sure things... but I do love the start.LOL
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:23

I still think McCain needed some energy in the conservative base and the conservatives love her.  you say "it looks like a stupid move" - guess what?  All the GOP thinks Biden was a stupid move, all the Democrats think Palin was a stupid move.  Surprise.

There's a difference between inexperience of the VP candidate and that of a Presidential candidate.  You call her an "ex-city councilwoman from sh*thole Alaska", even though she is the governor of that state - I guess people on the other side can call Obama a mediocre Illinois state senator who only ascended to the U.S. Senate in what can only be described as an utter farce of an election.  Neither has had a hell of a lot of time on the national scene - but again, it's Obama that's running for the head job.

Anyways, our new king President was coronated last night, so what I think matters little.  Seems like it should be a walk in the park for Obama come November, but I heard the same things said 4 years ago.

I know you're a dyed-in-the-wool Dem, and I'm...well let's just say I'm not.  Wink  I'll let you have the last word because we don't need to get into a big exchange about it.  However, on one main point we do agree - the Republicans have been utterly corrupted over the past 8 years and longer, to be honest I think a spell on the sideline would be good for them.

Lots of disagreement but ever with respect my friend.  Hug
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 21:23
I don't why I sort of double posted - sorry Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>