Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLanfear (Prog Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lanfear (Prog Metal)
    Posted: August 31 2008 at 04:31
It does seam strange that I band of this magnitude has not been mentioned for possible inclusion, and I'm not sure why....Confused

Yesterday, I received a PM on MySpace from someone wondering why they weren't listed.  I have to admit, I had noticed this before, myself, and assumed they had been rejected.  But, upon looking, they aren't listed on ProgFreak, neither (to my knowledge) has a thread ever been started about them.

I've asked Mike, who thinks they must have just fallen through the net, which, given how incredibly thorough and excellent our Prog Metal team are, comes as a bit of a shock...Shocked

anyway... do we consider them proggy enough for inclusion?  I know they are borderline power metal, but then so are Pyramaze...Wink

Big%20smile

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
burritounit View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:00
I'll have a listen and add them to our charts.Thumbs%20Up

Thanks.
"I've walked on water, run through fire, can't seem to feel it anymore. It was me, waiting for me..."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:04
Listening to Enter Dystopia and I like it.Big%20smile

Edited by burritounit - August 31 2008 at 15:05
"I've walked on water, run through fire, can't seem to feel it anymore. It was me, waiting for me..."
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:16
I was sent a promotional copy of "Another Golden Rage" last week. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:23
^^^ as I intimated, Lanfear are a very well established band, so I'm surprised they've not been mentioned before, although I believe their earlier albums are a bit more straight power-metal, and they've got a bit more complex on their last couple...Ermm
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:41
Judging from the song I heard they sound quite prog metal oriented.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 15:58
^^anyway Sebastian, I don't know whether you've seen their MS page, but they list some interesting influences:

Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Helstar, Queensryche, Jag Panzer, Psychotic Waltz, Testament, Pain Of Salvation, Rush, Heathen, Anacrusis, Titan Force, Agent Steel, Trouble, Warlord, Ark, Sieges Even, Freak Kitchen, Candlemass, Spiral Architect, Death, In The Name, Secrecy, Thought Industry, Voivod, Lillian Axe...and dozens of other great bands who rock our world!

Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 18:09
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

^^anyway Sebastian, I don't know whether you've seen their MS page, but they list some interesting influences:

Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Helstar, Queensryche, Jag Panzer, Psychotic Waltz, Testament, Pain Of Salvation, Rush, Heathen, Anacrusis, Titan Force, Agent Steel, Trouble, Warlord, Ark, Sieges Even, Freak Kitchen, Candlemass, Spiral Architect, Death, In The Name, Secrecy, Thought Industry, Voivod, Lillian Axe...and dozens of other great bands who rock our world!

Wink

Yes I did,  and that's where I heard some of the samples. I'm not familiar with all of those bands but the ones I do know are all prog metal.Thumbs%20Up

EDIT: well I've been listening to the samples on their space and just one sounds prog. oriented and it's the one from their latest release. All the rest are very, power metal. Maybe they are a taking a more progressive approach with this newer album.

Edited by burritounit - September 01 2008 at 18:23
 Post Reply Post Reply