Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMcCain or Obama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
Poll Question: John McCain or Barack Obama?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [22.83%]
71 [77.17%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 10:00
Seems we need changes now like never before we cant keep going down the same road its giving few great benefit for most people however its soup labels poised on the lips of the poor ... Obama  wont fix everything but I get the feeling hes had his share of what the Other side feels like you know that part of town we don't carry our wallets around in.  These other guys know not of the short straw capitalism is their heart beat and greed and lust is their power

unfortantly though if Obama does get in security better keep an eye on things 24/7 white extreemist groups will no doubt be an issue.   
~Rael~ View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 17:39
Wow, this lit a fuse, lol. Just decided to check on it. I thought Obama would take the lead. . .

And I didn't put other in there or anything else because I was curious to see who would get most votes of those two.
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress . . .
Alberto Muņoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 13:54
Obama

Sasquamo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 16:25
Obama because he's ahead in the polls and I like winners.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 16:37

LANSING, Mich. -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain is giving up on winning Michigan.
Republican officials with knowledge of the strategy said the GOP candidate is shifting resources to other states. Published reports said McCain will not run anymore commercials, stop mailers and send staff to other states.

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 16:42
electoral-vote.com is showing a very solid electoral college win for Obama, and personally I think that's the way it will go.  McCain has no momentum; he is not going to climb, and will only sink, barring something unusual and drastic in this final stretch.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 16:49
People thought that McCain was dead and buried last year and somehow or another the Republicans elected him as their candidate.  I would say never say never.  Of course, I'm afraid that voters are afraid that if McCain is elected he will be dead and buried shortly thereafter and we will be stuck with Sarah Palin.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 16:54
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

People thought that McCain was dead and buried last year and somehow or another the Republicans elected him as their candidate.  I would say never say never.  Of course, I'm afraid that voters are afraid that if McCain is elected he will be dead and buried shortly thereafter and we will be stuck with Sarah Palin.

True, but this is different.  The GOP toyed around with the other candidates and for some reason always found fault - Romney's a Mormon, Guiliani's too liberal, Thompson too old, Huckabee too silly, etc. - and McCain sort of slid in by default as a guy with the most broad appeal to all these different factions; but no one was ever that excited about him.  I think that's why he chose Palin, to get some sort of buzz going, but whatever initial positives were gained from that have evaporated and now she's another drag on the campaign.  Plus I'm convinced his staff are incompetent.

Stranger things have happened and the Democrats are great at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but not this time I think.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 17:17
Originally posted by Sasquamo Sasquamo wrote:

Obama because he's ahead in the polls and I like winners.

We really need more voters like you. Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 21:24
^That is the American voter
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2008 at 10:16
Oct. 1:
Obama 286   McCain 190   Ties 62
Yesterday:
Obama 338   McCain 185   Ties 15
Today:
Obama 338  
McCain 185   Ties 15

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 03 2008 at 10:37
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2008 at 19:33
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Oct. 1:
Obama 286   McCain 190   Ties 62
Yesterday:
Obama 338   McCain 185   Ties 15
Today:
Obama 338  
McCain 185   Ties 15

Adding 7" to a certain organ of his body might make him HUGE and a star in certain cinemas.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 11:56

Palin Releases Tax Returns

Sarah Palin has released her tax returns. Like Joe Biden but unlike John McCain and Barack Obama, she is not a millionaire. The adjused gross income for the four candidates are given below. However, it should be noted that John and Cindy McCain file separate tax returns and the vast majority of the McCain's income and wealth is in Cindy's name. She released a summary of her 2006 income earlier this year that showed her income to be over $6 million then. Most of Obama's income comes from the royalties on two books he has written.

Candidate 2006 Income 2007 Income
Barack Obama $984,000 $4,140,000
John McCain $339,000 $387,000
Joe Biden $249,000 $320,000
Sarah Palin $166,000 $128,000

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 13:24
As I have stated before I think we have a poor choice no matter which way we turn.  Evan Bayh from Indiana is clearly a superior choice over Obama and Condolezza Rice would have attracted a lot more support for McCain than Palin. I guess she is too close to the present lame administration and as for Bayh he is probably too smart to run.

I fear the next 4 years are going to be very difficult for the American people no matter who is elected.  I would just hope for once people would vote out 2/3 of Congress. Talk about having a job for life. Confused

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 13:38
I'll give Barrack some slack, I was rooting for Edwards.LOL

progvortex View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 13:55
Ron Paul.
Life is like a beanstalk... isn't it?
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 13:58

^ Check out Evan Bayh:

4 terms in the executive branch of the State government and almost two term US Senator.  His voting record is more maverick than McCain's. Like I said probably too smart to run. Wink

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 07:48
I was thinking of starting a new thread for tonight's debate, but then thought, nah, why clog up the PA forum with too many threads on the US presidential election.  Anyway, from the Votemaster:

"Town Hall Event Rules

The Obama-McCain event tonight consists of two parallel press conferences that happen to be in the same room. The detailed rules hammered out by the two campaigns state that the questions were to have been submitted in advance by the audience members and over the Internet. The questioner may not change the question and the microphone will be cut off after the question. Neither the questioner nor the moderator, Tom Brokaw of NBC, may ask followup questions. The candidates may not question each other. There will be no debate at all. Who does this format favor? Probably neither candidate. Usually the questions the general public asks aren't very hard, are largely predictable in advance, and have already been asked 100 times ("how will you fix the economy?"). The candidates have stock answers they will reel off. Given the current state of polling, McCain needs to shake things up and Obama needs to keep the status quo. An event that doesn't rock the boat much thus de facto works for Obama. Nevertheless, once in a while something unexpected happens at one of these events, In 1992, someone asked the candidates how the national debt affected them personally. George H.W. Bush was flustered by the question (by which the questioner probably meant the budget deficit) and it threw him off stride somewhat. Thanks to Political Wire for the pointer to the event rules."

Personally I think the rules suck a bit.  Any one else care to comment?  I think the audience at least needs to be able to get in some surprise questions.  How about a certain percentage of non-pre-approved questions, like say 25%?  Hell, I'd even go for 10%.

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 07 2008 at 07:56

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 09:49
That's why I generally don't bother with debates.  Both candidates mandate that it be as close to a sterile, controlled environment as possible, where they can answer a question briefly and follow with "but let me get back to <topic>" and launch into stump speeches/talking points.  The information content of these affairs are very low.

It's getting close to my favorite part, though, poll tracking, seeing how the electoral map is shaping up, etc.

http://www.electoral-vote.com

Certainly looks like it will come down to Ohio, Virginia, and Florida this time around.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 20:24
I was about to gripe about how this particular particular debate wasn't really a debate at all and then I went back and read what the Votemaster called it.  It's a "town hall event" not a debate. 

Run for your lives!!! Here comes the non-debate.

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 09 2008 at 07:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>