Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Galactic Cowboys (Prog Metal?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Galactic Cowboys (Prog Metal?)
    Posted: September 05 2008 at 11:24
Hi Guys,

The Galactic Cowboys were a band that I first ran across many years ago that I have always considered to be a prog metal band, although I suppose that space metal might be a more appropriate term.  I kind of consider them to be part of the original wave of prog metal bands along with Queensryche, Watchtower, King's X, and of course, Dream Theater.  At any rate, I see that they are not included on PA and weren't included on the ProgFreak charts so I thought that I would suggest them here and see what you think.

Here is a link to their website:

And a link to their MySpace page:

I have most of their albums on CD, so if additional samples are required please let me know.

Thank you for your time, and as always I hope you enjoy your time listening to the music as you evaluate.

Scott

Edited by rushfan4 - September 05 2008 at 11:25
jimidom View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 12:17

I seem to recall that Galactic Cowboys were mentioned in the King's X thread once before. Although similar to King's X, Galactic Cowboys were heavier, definitely Prog Metal. "Fear Not", "I'm Not Amused", and "At the End of the Day" are among my favorite GC tracks 

Should Galactic Cowboys and/or King's X ever be added to the Archives, another natural addition would be Atomic Opera, yet another band with "the Katy Sound".
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - HST

Post Reply Post Reply