Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedListing by country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 21:30
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

oh God, I miss it a lot on PA, it used to be here when I started to visit the site back in 2005, and I really don't understand why it was ripped off!!!

Thumbs up for country lists

Thumbs Up
I was going to mention that too. I used to use it a lot when that function was on here.Then one day it was gone.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 10:55
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

oh God, I miss it a lot on PA, it used to be here when I started to visit the site back in 2005, and I really don't understand why it was ripped off!!!

Thumbs up for country lists

Thumbs Up
I was going to mention that too. I used to use it a lot when that function was on here.Then one day it was gone.

I loved being able search easily by country.  That helped me to discover a lot of French bands when I started using this site, was heavily using it in 2005 though I decided not to register until I felt I knew enough music to seem fairly knowledgable, and found a particular affinity for French Prog across various categories.
PyramidMeetsTheEye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 14:47
wow awesome thanks. 
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 11:31
I'm looking forward this great function to be back!!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 13:03
You can join our vigil Oliver - we've been looking forward to its return for four years...
What?
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 00:16
Should we organize a manifestation?
The Stygian Heresy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 01:24
My thanks to you, Clarke2001, for doing all this work to enable clicking on a country within the list at the top of this thread.  Searching by country is as important to some of us as searching by genre: with each country's often unique sound, most countries are subgenres within their own right.  I also appreciate the link, here, to the breakdown, by artist distribution within each recognized country, in your associated thread.   Those density numbers are all appreciated stats!

I like the 70s bands from (then) Yugoslavia remaining under that heading, as a separate country--how, otherwise, will those of us who favor 70s rock ever find them, trying to remember all the names that have come (and some, gone)?  How would we know which new (old) region they are to be associated with, particularly since the political regime at the time had everything to do with this?  The same always applied, and still does, in the world of stamp collecting.  I had a great old triangular issue from Tana Tuva.  It isn't a country, now, so it would be pointless to expect someone to find it under the new geographical designation.  By the same token, I certainly want to recognize newer artists under the country they are now from. 

If an old band recorded on the cusp of the breakup, having a highlighted year function here on PA would be fantastic.  (Is that possible, or being considered?) 

I bookmarked this thread: your list atop is as important to me as the contents Home page here on PA. 

Thanks again!
The Stygian Heresy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2012 at 01:27
Originally posted by Marty McFly Marty McFly wrote:

Tell us about some interesting results, something like Vatican prog (probably death metal band :) )

Marty:  I wish I'd thought of that!  Too darn funny. 
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2012 at 11:02
Originally posted by The Stygian Heresy The Stygian Heresy wrote:

My thanks to you, Clarke2001, for doing all this work to enable clicking on a country within the list at the top of this thread.  Searching by country is as important to some of us as searching by genre: with each country's often unique sound, most countries are subgenres within their own right.  I also appreciate the link, here, to the breakdown, by artist distribution within each recognized country, in your associated thread.   Those density numbers are all appreciated stats!

I like the 70s bands from (then) Yugoslavia remaining under that heading, as a separate country--how, otherwise, will those of us who favor 70s rock ever find them, trying to remember all the names that have come (and some, gone)?  How would we know which new (old) region they are to be associated with, particularly since the political regime at the time had everything to do with this?  The same always applied, and still does, in the world of stamp collecting.  I had a great old triangular issue from Tana Tuva.  It isn't a country, now, so it would be pointless to expect someone to find it under the new geographical designation.  By the same token, I certainly want to recognize newer artists under the country they are now from. 

If an old band recorded on the cusp of the breakup, having a highlighted year function here on PA would be fantastic.  (Is that possible, or being considered?) 

I bookmarked this thread: your list atop is as important to me as the contents Home page here on PA. 

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback mateSmile I have this thread bookmarked too; I find it quite useful sometimes. I'm not blowing in my own horn - anybody with a bit of patience here could have done it - but people obviously like it and use it. There used to be (a few years ago) a listing by country implemented in the web site; but I don't know if that feature is ever going to  be back. I hope it will...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123