Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Panic Room (MA/Karnataka/Fish)- UK live dates 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPanic Room (MA/Karnataka/Fish)- UK live dates 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panic Room (MA/Karnataka/Fish)- UK live dates 2008
    Posted: October 16 2008 at 19:34

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that the last 3 PANIC ROOM live dates of 2008 are as follows;
Friday, 24th October - The Little Civic, Wolverhampton (Support - Quecia)
Friday, 31st October - The Marrs Bar, Worcester
Thursday, 4th December - The Limelight Club, Crewe (Support - Jump)

For those who don't know the band, Panic Room features current and former members of Karnataka, Mostly Autumn and Fish's band.  There's some more info for you below, but you can hear what we sound like and get further details about the gigs at www.panicroom.org.uk and www.myspace.com/panicroomuk.

"Led Zeppelin meets Kate Bush" (Jerry Ewing - Total Rock Radio)
Fronted by the amazing voice of Anne-Marie Helder, Panic Room are a rock band with a uniquely diverse sound.  From the fragile acoustic songs to eastern influenced heavy rock, the band's music has been described by Classic Rock Magazine as "sensual and tribalistic... with pulse pounding passion".  Live, the band moves with ease from singer-songwriter territory through epic progressively flavoured rock songs taking in jazz, folk and world music influences along the way.  Panic Room are currently promoting their debut album "Visionary Position" which has been gaining excellent reviews in the music press, including 8/10 reviews from Classic Rock Magazine and Powerplay and a 4/5 review from Rock 'n' Reel magazine as well as glowing on-line reviews (DPRP - 9/10 / Progressia 8/10).

"Anne-Marie Helder is nothing short of a star... she has the most incredible voice and versatility, one moment bringing to mind Kate Bush, then Joni Mitchell, Carole King and even Alanis Morrisette... a mesmerising performance" (Fireworks Magazine - Live review)

"There's absolutely no doubt that Anne-Marie Helder has one of the most enchanting voices you're ever going to hear... good strong songs with innovative sounds and first class musicianship" (Powerplay Magazine)
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 09:00
^^ Song Of Copper and I shall being seeing you in Worcester...Clap
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Magic Mountain View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 15:49
Count me in as a fan of Panic Room and "Visionary Position."  Hopefully, you will make it to the states someday.  Good luck on your UK tour.
Panickey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 16:34
Hi Fandango,

See you at Worcester then - cheers!

Jon (Panic Room)
Panickey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 16:36
Hi Magic Mountain,

Glad you like the album - we'd love to play the States (maybe one day when the credit crunch settles down!).

Cheers

Jon (Panic Room)
Takeshi Kovacs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 17:17
Jon,

Any chance of you playing the Milton Keynes Stables sometime in the near future. Anne-Marie will be familiar with the venue having played there with Mostly Autumn fairly recently?
Open the gates of the city wide....
Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/TakeshiKovacs/
Panickey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 17:47
Hi Takeshi,

It's another venue we'll certainly investigate for our 2009 dates - I remember playing there a few years ago with the original Karnataka line-up.

Cheers

Jon (Panic Room)
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 18:00
^^will there be a support band at the Worcester gig?

btw, I saw Steve at both the Karnataka & Reasoning gigs over the past week, handing out flyers for your Little Civic gig...you can't fault him for lack of trying...LOL

anyway, I hope you get a good turnout to both... a friend of mine from this forum (Sleeper) will be at the Little Civic, supporting you...Thumbs Up
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Panickey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 18:55
Hi Fandango,

Just little ole us at Worcester - but we get to play a longer set and do our Led Zeppeling impersonation! hoorah!

Cheers

Jon
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 19:58
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

^^will there be a support band at the Worcester gig?

btw, I saw Steve at both the Karnataka & Reasoning gigs over the past week, handing out flyers for your Little Civic gig...you can't fault him for lack of trying...LOL

anyway, I hope you get a good turnout to both... a friend of mine from this forum (Sleeper) will be at the Little Civic, supporting you...Thumbs Up

Indeed, roll on Friday.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Bobby Corwen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 17:07
this used to be my panic room...the other side of me...
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 17:11
Originally posted by Panickey Panickey wrote:

Hi Fandango,

Just little ole us at Worcester - but we get to play a longer set and do our Led Zeppeling impersonation! hoorah!

Cheers

Jon

really looking forward to it, Jon...Approve

I also saw you play at Lydney back in the spring, and really enjoyed the show...Clap

anyway, if you want to say hello, I will probably be standing next to Song Of Copper who, with her purple hair, should be fairly easy to spot...LOL
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 17:17
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Originally posted by Panickey Panickey wrote:

Hi Fandango,

Cheers

Jon

really looking forward to it, Jon...Approve

I also saw you play at Lydney back in the spring, and really enjoyed the show...Clap

anyway, if you want to say hello, I will probably be standing next to Song Of Copper who, with her purple hair, should be fairly easy to spot...LOL

That and you'll probably tower over the rest of the audiance.Wink
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Post Reply Post Reply