Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHatfield and the North appreciation!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 20:32

Hatfield's self-titled is quite nice indeed.  I especially like how the lyrics are all "hello, this is our record, hope you like it, if not that's ok too...."  Approve

A nice gateway album to Canterburydom.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 20:42
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

Originally posted by zafreth zafreth wrote:

There's an old Canterbury appreciation thread hanging around if you're inclined to post in it, has some pretty good information in there.  Everyone's already given their recommendations with which I wholeheartedly agree, and would only add that I place National Health as #1 on the list, and that you should acquire their first two albums before getting anything else.

Natural, is obvious your love to Hatfield LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLWink

Really a love for all things Dave Stewart (well, maybe not so much "It's my party") and yes, I do little to hide it.  Tongue

Even Spin and the Big Idea , his 2 collabs with Barbara Gaskin?   Just curious, coz I have them in tape form  (remember those) Confused
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 21:36
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Originally posted by zafreth zafreth wrote:

There's an old Canterbury appreciation thread hanging around if you're inclined to post in it, has some pretty good information in there.  Everyone's already given their recommendations with which I wholeheartedly agree, and would only add that I place National Health as #1 on the list, and that you should acquire their first two albums before getting anything else.

Natural, is obvious your love to Hatfield LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLWink

Really a love for all things Dave Stewart (well, maybe not so much "It's my party") and yes, I do little to hide it.  Tongue

Even Spin and the Big Idea , his 2 collabs with Barbara Gaskin?   Just curious, coz I have them in tape form  (remember those) Confused

I haven't heard much Stewart/Gaskin, but descriptions of the music indicate that I probably wouldn't care for it too much.  My love for his work is restricted to what he did before he gave up on prog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12