Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFavourite cuisine...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which cuisine is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [10.87%]
2 [4.35%]
5 [10.87%]
5 [10.87%]
6 [13.04%]
3 [6.52%]
6 [13.04%]
6 [13.04%]
2 [4.35%]
4 [8.70%]
2 [4.35%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:26

I like Thai, Indian, Italian and Mexican but I voted BRITISH. Someone had to, if only to recognise the sheer culinary magnificence of Fish and Chips (preferably eaten at the seaside and subtly enhanced with ketchup, vinegar and mushy peas.).

"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:27
mushy peas, hmmmmm SOUNDS good Cool
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
febus View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:36
This thread is getting scaryShockedLOL
Cactus Choir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:37
Mushy peas are essential to the Fish and Chips experience - ideally they need to be a bit minty....
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:40
Indian, but I'll pretty much eat anything - if you saw me you'd know that's true.  Embarrassed
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:43
Originally posted by febus febus wrote:

This thread is getting scaryShockedLOL

Pity them , for they do not understand,  LOLShocked    Minty, mushy, green peas, with ketchup and vinegar as condiment for the battered haddock, and of course somehow salvaged with Belgian french fries. Confused  We are doomed to starve Sleepy

Edited by tszirmay - October 18 2008 at 22:45
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:45
not doomed till someone mentions poutine 

..and a shout out to Moroccan

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:49
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

not doomed till someone mentions poutine 

..and a shout out to Moroccan

Poutine is gruesome , spongyheavy -fat laden fries smothered in often packaged gravy with nary a spice in sight with curds of spongy cheese. This is not food , its edible crap.Ouch  Don't get me going on Moroccan, the ex was from there and I am still expiating the poison (hahaha) . Actually, of all the North African cuisines, it is by FAR the tastiest .  
febus View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 22:50
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

Indian, but I'll pretty much eat anything - if you saw me you'd know that's true.  Embarrassed

What do you mean?? i had always imagine you as a tall skinny, long haired smiling guywearing glasses like the guy in your fotosignature...i thought was youLOLLOLWink

Edited by febus - October 18 2008 at 22:59
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 23:01

What do you mean?? i had always imagine you as a tall skinny, long haired smiling guywearing glasses like the guy in your fotosignature...i thought was youLOLLOLWink

Only commonality with Mr. Dave Stewart are the glasses.  LOL
febus View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 23:04

Only commonality with Mr. Dave Stewart are the glasses.  LOL

and smiling too, i hope?Wink
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 01:41
I've taken a recent shining to Sushi. Japanese it is
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 03:13
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Italian should definitely have been on the list; the Italian cuisine is generally believed to be one of the best in the world (among a few others that were named). Italian cuisine is a lot more than just pizza and spaghetti. do I really need to name famous culinary creations like Tournedos Rossini, Saltimbocca, Carpaggio, Osso Buco or Tira Mi Su, to name but a few?

IndeedClap. Actually, only a part of Italian cuisine (that from the South) can be considered Mediterranean, sharing many of the same ingredients with other cuisines of the area. If you go to Northern Italy, you'll find dishes that have very little in common with those, say, of Greece or Morocco, relying heavily on dairy products and using rice rather than pasta. Risotto (one of my favourite dishes both to eat and to cook, as Micky knowsWink) comes from the rice-growing areas of Piedmont and Lombardy, and, not incidentally, is made with butter rather than olive oil.

Anyway, I'll be happy to talk about Italian cuisine any time you like - even if I'm about to leave my country, I still intend to cook Italian, at least occasionally. I am not chauvinistic when it comes to food, though, and I do love other cuisines as well - I've tried quite a few, and always enjoyed what I had (especially when prepared with good-quality ingredients). And I do agree with David about British cuisineWink...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 06:27
This poll is so unfair simply because there's so many cuisines around the world and I've never met one I didn't like.  By the way, you did make a glaring omission with African as a general category as well, other than the Mediterranean portions of Africa. 

One of the great things I like about living in the Atlanta area is you get just about anything you want somewhere around town.

My favorite for the moment is Caribbean, Jamaican in particular, but many of the others are always a close second. Big smile

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 19 2008 at 06:35
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 07:55
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Italian should definitely have been on the list; the Italian cuisine is generally believed to be one of the best in the world (among a few others that were named). Italian cuisine is a lot more than just pizza and spaghetti. do I really need to name famous culinary creations like Tournedos Rossini, Saltimbocca, Carpaggio, Osso Buco or Tira Mi Su, to name but a few?

IndeedClap. Actually, only a part of Italian cuisine (that from the South) can be considered Mediterranean, sharing many of the same ingredients with other cuisines of the area. If you go to Northern Italy, you'll find dishes that have very little in common with those, say, of Greece or Morocco, relying heavily on dairy products and using rice rather than pasta. Risotto (one of my favourite dishes both to eat and to cook, as Micky knowsWink) comes from the rice-growing areas of Piedmont and Lombardy, and, not incidentally, is made with butter rather than olive oil.

Anyway, I'll be happy to talk about Italian cuisine any time you like - even if I'm about to leave my country, I still intend to cook Italian, at least occasionally. I am not chauvinistic when it comes to food, though, and I do love other cuisines as well - I've tried quite a few, and always enjoyed what I had (especially when prepared with good-quality ingredients). And I do agree with David about British cuisineWink...

I also like to eat my way through different cuisines. the German one has some highlights too; it is not just sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and knuckle of pork. Germany is especially well known for its very many different kinds of bread and sausages; no other country has as many varieties of them as Germany. and of course this can be said about beer too.  there are, for example, 34 different kinds of beer in Dortmund alone

Edited by BaldJean - October 19 2008 at 09:09

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Abstrakt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 08:01
I like american (Hamburgers), swedish (Meatballs&Macaroni, Peasoup, Black Pudding...), Middle eastern (Döner Kebab, Falafel), Indian (Spicy lens stuff), Italian (Pizza, Pasta...), Mexican (Tacos, Quasadillas...)...

Damn. Hard choice!

Abstrakt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 08:02
Probably Thai-food, so "Other Asian" it is then!
The Pessimist View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 08:46
Indian for me. All the other nationalities have yet to top the great Lamb Pathia. Utterly delicious!
"Market value is irrelevant to intrinsic value."

Arnold Schoenberg
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 09:35
Mum's.

Edited by Kotro - October 19 2008 at 09:36
Bigger on the inside.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 09:54
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I hope you forgive my ignorance on that... Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>