Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSBB returns with a new album, "Iron Curtain"!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SBB returns with a new album, "Iron Curtain"!!
    Posted: October 29 2008 at 11:26
SBB, a legend of Polish music scene, returns with a new studio album entitled “Iron Curtain”. The band, compirised of the phenomenal composer Józef Skrzek, the excellent guitarist Apostolis Anthimos and the flawless drummer Gabor Nemeth, plans to support the release with a tour.

SBB: Gabor Nemeth, Józef Skrzek, Apostolis Anthimos

SBB’s previous album “The Rock”, released in 2007, was highly acclaimed by both fans and music media. As the title suggests, the band's music on that album is as powerful as a rock. On their forthcoming album “Iron Curtain” the band will show an even rockier side. The new material will also include some more expanded tracks, which are so distinctive of SBB. Józef Skrzek: “The pressure of the modern world is the reason for human oblivion. We are the generation that destroyed the myth of Europe’s ‘iron curtain’.  The new sound of SBB is like a mirror of the lives of the barriers’ breakers...” The title of the forthcoming album can be interpreted in many different ways. Józef Skrzek is convinced that the iron curtain still exists, not only as a border between the East and the West, the poor and the rich, but also in the media, which promote so called artists, who are actually far from the real artists who genuinely live their art.

“Iron Curtain” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January 2009.

Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
www.metalmind.com.pl / www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions
Passionist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2008 at 16:01

Hmm, this seems very interesting. Good old politically biased rock music, and such great musicians. I for one am really excited about this album \o/

Edited by Passionist - October 30 2008 at 16:01
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2008 at 16:06
I hope it's another classic SBB kickass album!
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 10:41
A legend of Polish music scene, SBB, revealed the front cover of their new studio album “Iron Curtain”.

“Iron Curtain” is set to be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January 2009 (10th March 2009 in USA). The album will be available in two editions: a jewel pack and a digipak with bonus tracks. The band, comprised of the phenomenal composer Józef Skrzek, the excellent guitarist Apostolis Anthimos and the flawless drummer Gabor Nemeth, plans to support the release with a tour.

SBB’s previous album “The Rock”, released in 2007, was highly acclaimed by both fans and music media. As the title suggests, the band's music on that album is as powerful as a rock. On their forthcoming album “Iron Curtain” the band will show an even rockier side. The new material will also include some more expanded tracks, which are so distinctive of SBB. Józef Skrzek: “The pressure of the modern world is the reason for human oblivion. We are the generation that destroyed the myth of Europe’s ‘iron curtain’.  The new sound of SBB is like a mirror of the lives of the barriers’ breakers...” The title of the forthcoming album can be interpreted in many different ways. Józef Skrzek is convinced that the iron curtain still exists, not only as a border between the East and the West, the poor and the rich, but also in the media, which promote so called artists, who are actually far from the real artists who genuinely live their art.

POLAND
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 13:01
SBB, a legend of Polish music scene, revealed the tracklist of the new studio album enitled “Iron Curtain”. The standard jewel case edition includes following 9 tracks:

1. Iron Curtain
2. Defilada
3. Camelele
4. Rozmowa z Mistrzem
5. Opowieść
6. Błogosławione dni
7. Sunrise
8. Góry tańczące
9. Dopóki żyje matka jesteś dzieckiem

Limited digipak edition features two bonus tracks: “Aleatoryka” and “Nieśmiertelność”.

“Iron Curtain” is set to be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January / 7th April  in USA (via MVD). The band, comprised of the phenomenal composer Józef Skrzek, the excellent guitarist Apostolis Anthimos and the flawless drummer Gabor Nemeth propose a perfect blend of the sincerity of blues and the freedom of jazz. The music on the album is mature and rich in emotions. New material features sophisticated ballads, perfect guitar solos, oriental and highland sounds, Moogs and Hammonds. The album will be promoted on tour with its highlight at Wyspianski Theatre in Katowice, where SBB will headline ProgRock Festival 2009.

You can listen to a preview track – “Błogosławione Dni” - on MMP’s websites: www.metalmind.com.pl and www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions

--------------------------------------
POLAND

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2009 at 03:52
SBB’s new album will be released this Monday, on the 26th of January, but already today you can see a promo video for the track “Camelele”.

The story told in Camelele’s video is romantic and very moving. And it did actually happen… Kamila, a young and beautiful girl, becomes ill… She keeps writing to forget about suffering... She is fighting for life till the very end…  Surrounded by relatives and close friends she passes away at the age of 28… Now she becomes a part of SBB as they capture her life through her words on “Camelele”. Józef Skrzek comments: “When I was recording the new material in the studio I had her face, her poetry in my mind. She inspired me to write such music for our new album.”

"Camelele" video was written and directed by Darek Świtała, edited by Piotr Godzina/Darek Świtała.

You can see “Camelele” on the official MMP’s site on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MetalMindPoland.

“Iron Curtain” is set to be released by Metal Mind Productions on 26th January / 10th March in USA (via MVD). The album will be available in two editions: a jewel pack and a digipak with bonus tracks. The band, comprised of the phenomenal composer Józef Skrzek, the excellent guitarist Apostolis Anthimos and the flawless drummer Gabor Nemeth, plans to support the release with a tour.

e
POLAND
mpomy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 13:18
YES!!  I can't wait for the new stuff.  Here's a question for the SBB fans out there.  How do I get the recent archive releases?  There are two from the late 70's that I've never heard - Koln and Marburg.  Does anyone know how I can get these?  Thanks.
gadrecords View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 08:38
Originally posted by mpomy mpomy wrote:

YES!!  I can't wait for the new stuff.  Here's a question for the SBB fans out there.  How do I get the recent archive releases?  There are two from the late 70's that I've never heard - Koln and Marburg.  Does anyone know how I can get these?  Thanks.

Hello, there is master of SBB vault :)

You can get it at www.isilesia.info, www.rockserwis.pl and in near future at CD Baby. There is four archival releases (three ready, last one in production):

Live In Marburg 1980 (2CD) - groovy, jazz-rock fusion in Weather Report style
Live In Neckargemund 1978 (2CD) - progressive SBB from best years, whole "Follow My Dream" LP live and more
Live In Koln 1979 (2CD) - jams, jams, jams in progressive / fusion style. A lot of juicy guitars and moogs.
Live In Opole 1974 (1CD) - complete appereance on well-known polish festival, they played material from debut LP

Next release are in progress. I'm working now on very interesting studio recordings from 1976.

Also book about SBB is on way. Polish issue in june 2009, english - probably in first months of 2010. Complete history of band with lot of photos, posters etc. Also complete discography, timeline, filmography and lyrics.
mpomy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 09:17
Thanks for the info.  I was able to get Neckagemund off of iTunes and it will tide me over for a while because it rocks royally.  I'm very anxious to get my ears on Marburg and Koln, but I worry about the 30-day delivery schedule.  I will probably place the order with rockerwis and then hunker down with 'Iron Curtain' (which is great) and Neckagemund until the other bits arrive.  Thanks for the info.
mpomy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 09:18
Must have more SBB!!

Pig
elektrykbestia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 13:58
Dziekuje za ta wiadomosc...SBB! Can't wait for the new album!!!

Anyone that likes SBB alot needs to get their hands on SBB live in Karlstadt...super bomba!!
 Post Reply Post Reply