Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWobbler - Afterglow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wobbler - Afterglow
    Posted: November 29 2008 at 16:09
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted here, but I was interested to read that their new album is complete and sound clips are up. I was surprised that there was no discussion yet regarding it (I searched the forums, but found nothing. If there is already a thread please feel free to delete this one!)

Sounds very interesting! If even a little more "fast paced" than Hinterland. I can't wait to get a copy of this. Any thoughts?Smile
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 16:22
About time, I've been "eagerly anticipating" this release for the last year and a half now. I like the samples they have up, nothing new but still very good.

Now maybe Lars and Jacob will get started on the new, maybe last, White Willow album.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Chris88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 17:36
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

About time, I've been "eagerly anticipating" this release for the last year and a half now. I like the samples they have up, nothing new but still very good.

Now maybe Lars and Jacob will get started on the new, maybe last, White Willow album.

I heard that also has a release date in 2009?

There is supposed to be another release from Wobbler soon, too. It is their "official" second album. Afterglow was some old demos rerecorded. This next one is all new compositions.

I love Mellotron/flute laced prog and these guys really scratch my itch for it, so to speak!Clap
Sort of semi official On The Virg Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/otvonthevirg
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 18:20
great news, love Hinterland   (great album in your avy, Chris88)

fuxi View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 04:04
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

great news, love Hinterland  

So do I! Demos or not, is AFTERGLOW actually for sale? And with a new studio album forthcoming... hurray! (I can't say I enjoy the prospect of more White Willow, though... )
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 15:13
Originally posted by Chris88 Chris88 wrote:

Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

I heard that also has a release date in 2009?

There is supposed to be another release from Wobbler soon, too. It is their "official" second album. Afterglow was some old demos rerecorded. This next one is all new compositions.

I love Mellotron/flute laced prog and these guys really scratch my itch for it, so to speak!Clap

Yeah, I heard something from them over a year ago saying they were working on one album to be re recorded old songs and another to be all new materiel. Not heard much about the new material though, but Lars Fredrik Froesle (sp?) is creative force in number of bands(In Lingua Mortua and The Opium Cartel to name two others.)
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Post Reply Post Reply