Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anubis (Cinematic Progressive Rock from Australia)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnubis (Cinematic Progressive Rock from Australia)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anubis (Cinematic Progressive Rock from Australia)
    Posted: December 03 2008 at 01:59

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been a member of this forum for too long but I have read it often and am a huge fan of the site as is everyone in my band. I just thought it was time to put my band Anubis on here to be checked out by you all and hopefully when we have our New Release have it reviewed as a new band.

www.myspace.com/anubisspace

There is also a teaser track of songs from the upcoming album '230503', which is completely finished and needs only to be mastered.

We are from Sydney, Australia however in terms of a strict genre placement within prog, I would not like to make a comment as ProgArchives seems to be very specific with this. I would say our music sounds like a Modern Take on Symphonic Prog with a heavier edge. If you are to listen to the teasers and one of our songs called 'The Doctor' which is one of our shorter tracks you will be able to see what our style is like. Soon to come is another song, 'Waterfall', demonstrating the polar opposite on the sonic spectrum that we deliver; a light atmospheric and almost Floydian number.

Attached here is the bio from our MySpace:

Anubis is a progressive/cinematic band from Sydney, Australia. In the new millennium, this is no longer considered quite as dubious and potentially career-threatening an admission as perhaps it once was.

The five guys that comprise Anubis really only have one sole objective, and that is to make music that actually excites them. The band was formed in 2004, specifically to create the songs destined for its first album, the epic 230503. This is truly indicative that this band exists entirely for its music and not the other way round. The band does not exist for commercial gain, nor does it care for trends. It relies on creating the music, any type it wants, any time it sees fit.

Anubis' music is cinematic in scope, introspective and yet also manages to become extremely aggressive, swinging between musical moods, textures and colours to fill in the picture.
Perhaps the best way to view Anubis' music would be to imagine a modern King Crimson and Pink Floyd having a jam session, probably with a couple of members of perhaps Yes, Genesis or Radiohead.
The uncompromising attitude makes for an edgy, original and exciting live act, where the music, as opposed to it's originators, firmly takes centre stage. The band has already gained a lot of positive reception to it's live performances so far, and that is set to continue up to and beyond the release of 230503.

The Band Members are as follows:

Robert James Moulding - Vocals, Percussion, Bass and Lyrics
David Eaton - Keyboards, Vocals and Guitar
Douglas Skene - Guitar, Vocals
Nick Antoinette - Bass Guitar, Vocals
Steven Eaton - Drums, Vocals

The album is scheduled for release early next year as a download and through CDBaby.

I hope you all enjoy the music and add us as a friend on MySpace and on Facebook.

Dougie.

Edited by Dougie of Anubis - October 22 2009 at 11:56
Dougie of Anubis View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 09:28
A new song, "Waterfall" has been added to both MySpace and Facebook.

www.myspace.com/anubisspace to check it out.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2009 at 00:20
To the Facebook, a live track of our 17 minute epic "Disinfected and Abused" has been uploaded.

Enjoy.
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2009 at 01:24
Hey guys, I'm checking out "Waterfall" on your MySpace page and I'm liking what I hear so far - very nice! Keep it up! Clap
cobb2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2009 at 03:41
Both good tracks on myspace. Liked Waterfall the best. Keep up the good work and for @uc@sake don't sell out. Australia could use some decent bands.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2009 at 18:04
Hey, great singer. Get rid of the band and go on X-Factor! On second thoughts, forget about that, keep the band and release a great prog album.

Waterfall is very well done, great intro, nice guitar work - with a Genesis/Marillion touch to the instrumental parts. The Doctor is more rocking, with a prominent role for the drums. If the album covers all scales between these two extremes, Eclectic could be your spot. Small down side: the vocals on Waterfall I like, on The Doctor they're a bit too 'Cure' for me.

Let us know when the album is there, so we can evaluate you for inclusion in the archives.

Edited by Angelo - January 27 2009 at 18:05
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 00:33
Thanks for the replies, guys. The other songs on the album are quite different to these songs as well so I look forward to you all hearing them.

www.myspace.com/perfectfreedom

If you go to this website (The Keyboardist's MySpace), you will hear a sampler of the whole album.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 01:19
New live track up at the Facebook page of our epic, 'Disinfected and Abused'.

www.anubismusic.com should redirect you to it.

We also have a gig coming up for any of you Australian Progheads which should be great!

Edited by Dougie of Anubis - March 13 2009 at 01:35
cobb2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 02:19
You guys have got it together live- great track.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2009 at 11:39
Hi guys,

Just a relink to our MySpace. We have uploaded two new album tracks and two live tracks from our upcoming live and released studio album.

We have everything pressed now and will be registering an account with CDBaby shortly. It is our aspiration to be entered into the archives.

We hope that you enjoy our music.

Edited by Dougie of Anubis - October 22 2009 at 11:40
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 11:41
Hi, we're still trying to get things sorted with CDBaby. Until then:

http://The Pirate Bay /org/torrent/5373887/Anubis_-_230503_(2009)_Australian_Cinematic_Progressive_Rock

A torrent of the full album is available for download on Torrent.

We will be playing the entire album in its entirety on April 10, 2010 at the Bald Faced Stag in Sydney, Australia. Hopefully this show will be filmed for anyone who's interested to see it.

Please enjoy the album and if you would like to order a gatefold version of the album with booklet and lyrics, please P.M. The CD will be 20AUD within Australia or 20USD + 5USD shipping and handling for International.

Thanks

Dougie

Edited by M@X - June 16 2010 at 15:15
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 12:46
Wow! Really great stuff, guys! Since you now have an album, have you thought of suggesting yourselves for inclusion to the 'chives? Smile

Anyway, I'll probably PM you in the next few days about ordering a physical copy of your stuff.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 21:12
I am pretty sure we need to have it available for purchase online on a proper store. CDBaby should be in the next 2 weeks which should hopefully make us eligible.

Dougie
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 20:54
^ As long as a full album is made available SOMEWAY, you are already eligible, I'm almost certain. 

The guidelines were kind of changed around, so I'm not 100%, but it's worth looking into anyway. Besides, letting people know that you WILL have the album available on CDbaby soon will be enough to apply, I'm sure.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2010 at 07:14
The rules are here, and as far as I can tell, you comply to them - except for having the backing of a genre team to include you. The Site Monitors should be able to direct the genre teams this way...

There's no need for CDBaby if you sell it through your own web site

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35133

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2010 at 11:04
^ I've suggested them to the Eclectic Team. Smile
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 08:16
Great, let's see what happens. Smile
ISKC Rock Radio
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2010 at 00:09
Just letting you guys know that the CD is available for sale online through our Big Cartel store. I hope this will satisfy the clause about having our CD available commercially to be included in the archives.

http://anubis.bigcartel.com

We will be mailing our stuff off to CDBaby through the week and the album will be purchasable through CDBaby and all its physical and digital affiliates rather soon.

If anyone's interested go about getting one on there.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 02:47
I'll have a look/listen for sure Thumbs Up
ISKC Rock Radio
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2010 at 13:38
Added. To Neo-Prog ;-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>