Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So whatever happened to my Blodwyn Pig suggestion?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSo whatever happened to my Blodwyn Pig suggestion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: So whatever happened to my Blodwyn Pig suggestion?
    Posted: December 03 2008 at 21:14
Way back when, I brought up the possibility of adding Blodwyn Pig to PA.  Whatever happened to that?  Yes, I did a search and found nothing.  Lost in the shuffle?  Shot down in flames?  Wot?
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 21:17
These things can sometimes slip through the cracks.  If it's not too much trouble, could you repost what you wrote (links to myspace or some music sample and suggested genre)?

edit:  just read their wiki entry...interesting history, are you suggesting for heavy prog or possibly proto given the time frame?

Edited by NaturalScience - December 03 2008 at 21:19
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 17:36

There's this one of The Modern Alchemist, with Abrahams nowhere to be found Confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN68LSrPTC0

And this one of See My Way, which is a bit more representative of the band's sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq85HXxrYrc

I think the appropriate category would be proto-prog, since they are considerably blusier/jazzier than your average prog band.  At their essence, they are what Tull probably would have sounded like had Abrahams stayed on, which is of course why he left, as Abrahams' vision was opposed to Ian Anderson's plans for the band.

Or maybe they don't belong here at all.  But I think they'd be of interest to anyone who enjoys early Tull.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 17:55
Here is your original thread.  It doesn't appear that any decision was made within there, and it doesn't show up on the Prog Freak charts.  It might be a question for Easy Livin.

And just for the heckuvit here is a link to an even older thread that discussed them as well.

jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 18:21
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Here is your original thread.  It doesn't appear that any decision was made within there, and it doesn't show up on the Prog Freak charts.  It might be a question for Easy Livin.

And just for the heckuvit here is a link to an even older thread that discussed them as well.

Hmm wonder why I couldn't find either of those.  Search for "Blodwyn Pig" turns up nothing for me..
 Post Reply Post Reply