Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Featured Artist of the month
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3RDEGREE: January 2009 PA Featured Artist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 12:17
Here's something new from the band:

Hello. 3RDegree here. A few years ago (and many times since) the British progressive rock band Marillion tried a novel idea with their fans and it changed the equation of the band/fan relationship for many thereafter. They asked their fan base to buy their new album many months before they finished it offering many exclusive perks to those who did.

On September 6th, 3RDegree played live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina at the progressive rock festival ProgDay. Thinking it was a pretty important milestone for us, we made sure to have a 6-camera HD video crew and a multi-track mobile recording facility capture the event. What we would "do" with that was dependent on a few things. Paramount was the question: would anyone want to buy a DVD of this?

We thought maybe we would just ask you if you would be willing to purchase a DVD in a few months and take a head count. You can weigh in with a return email to us, letting us know of your interest for this future "product", but we would like to see if we can do better than that.

Here is our offer:

If you purchase our new DVD 3RDegree Live from ProgDay 2009 between now and November 27th (the day after Thanksgiving) via paypal at this link or personal check- for $19.99 (plus shipping), we will give you the following free (which will become unavailable to those who wait for the standard release):

1. A download of the audio from the concert in high quality mp3 (or CD quality 16-bit WAV/AIFF if we can arrange a way to download it)

2. If you request it (in the paypal box), we can autograph the DVD (2 or 3 members-Pat being on the U.S. west coast makes it impossible to include him). We would have to open the DVD to sign it, thus taking off the plastic wrap.

3. This is a big one-our last CD Narrow-Caster, in its original jewel-case form-now a rarity- *while supplies last* (buy this pre-order soon to guarantee your copy). You can give this to a friend (or keep) if you have the eco-wallet already OR if you have the jewel case version, you can request (in the comments section at paypal) an eco-wallet instead.

4. Your name in the thank you list inside the DVD case.

What will the DVD contain?

The nearly 90-minute set in its entirety with a set list that includes a few songs not on the previous live REUNION CONCERTS DVD ("Be There" & "The Proverbial Banana Peel"), 2 brand new songs from a future studio album ("Memetic Pandemic" & "Prelude To A Bailout/Socio-Economic Petrie Dish"), plus our spirited cover of the Genesis classic "Me & Sarah Jane".

AND one or more of the following (state your choice in the paypal drop down menu):

1. The "making of" Narrow-Caster-our latest studio album. See the band behind the scenes during a vocal session, drum sessions and mastering sessions. Shot from 2005-2008. We may even add in a "drinking session" where the band actually decided to reform!

2. An acoustic version of the title track "Narrow-Caster" (never before played live) previously only available on the limited-edition AMONG FRIENDS CD/DVD. This features percussion by Eric Pseja and Dan D'Elia and a live introduction by Tom Brislin (Yes/Camel/Renaissance/Spiraling).

3. "Human Interest Story" live from Europa Club in Brooklyn, NY where we were opening for Phideaux & Edensong a month before ProgDay. This features guitarist Eric Pseja.

4. "Top Secret" live from our 2007 NJ Proghouse concert-as featured on The Reunion Concerts DVD/CD.

All of this in a DVDigipak or DVD eco-wallet-unless we do not meet our goal in which case it will be in standard DVD plastic "Amray" case.

Thanks for hearing us out and please get your special items listed above by purchasing the pre-order by November 27, 2009.

Thanks for your time!
3RDegree

www.3RDegreeONLINE.com www.facebook.com/3RDegree "Defiling Perfectly Good Songs With Prog Since 1990"
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 21:42
^ Sounds like a great deal to me! Looks like I need to set some money aside by thanksgiving!
3RDegree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2009 at 06:15
Good deal? Yes, we think so. We hope to have you onboard for the pre-order. Big smile
www.3RDegreeONLINE.com www.facebook.com/3RDegree "Defiling Perfectly Good Songs With Prog Since 1990"
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2009 at 13:02
^ I'll probably go ahead and order the t-shirt/Human Interest Story deal along with the pre-order, since I've been intending on getting that record anyway. Hopefully in the next few days. We'll see.
3RDegree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2009 at 15:12
That would be awesome. Both "deals" cut a bunch of bucks off both items. I actually need to update the drop down menu on the shirt.  I think I've run out of some sizes/colors.  Pick your fav and let me know here or on FB and I can let you know if I have it before hand.  It's easier than doing a refund-assuming  you'd only like one color.  They're all dark! Smile
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2009 at 15:28
Smoke would be my preference. If you don't have that, then Navy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12