Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEmotions with Prog and... Women!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emotions with Prog and... Women!
    Posted: July 30 2014 at 05:17
Men are from Venus Furs , women are from Mars Volta
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 08:49
All this talk about prey is making me hungry. I might have to dominate and conquer a mid-morning snack in a bit.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 07:35
Right, notwithstanding that vegetarians have no requirement to surround their prey and attack say ferocious lettuce or ironic runner beans, is the atavistic female deity a.k.a. Baldjean (referencing an exclusively male phenomenon) saying that the primordial breadwinner and provident teat is the female but the carnivorous conquering villain is the male?

Warning: there are traces of sarcasm in this post

Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 19:24
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

the problem is that the minds of men and women work differently, due to the specialization they had in the course of evolution.men's minds work linearly: stalk the prey - surround it - attack - killwomen's minds work like networks: keep the flame going - Uglug, stay away from the meat - where is the stone to grind flour with? - the pelts need some cleaning too - breastfeed Aglag - Uglug, what did I tell you! -  keep the flame going again -  grind flour - Uglug, don't hit the dog - I have to collect some herbs again - and Oglog will probably want to have sex with me again tonight, but I'll tell him I have a headache - Uglug, stop sucking that bone - keep flame going

LMAO! Might be time for to look for new cave Oglog....
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 19:38
Originally posted by Mandrakeroot Mandrakeroot wrote:

Frankly I have always argued that music should express emotions and must be an integral part of my approach to the pure enjoyment of the same. If a song I do not transmit emotions (no matter how strong) I do not like it. In my unfortunate life (as only I can be able to say so) I have had different experiences that have prompted me to say some basic concepts like to have a positive approach to life. In music I discovered that the Prog created in me a positive charge, for free pass through difficult moments.

Frankly, especially in recent years, I had many problems. That I passed with our loved music and the with the few friends who I truly be considered in terms of understanding what they felt.

First I have to make an excursus outside the music. In fact I must say that my friends are all Metallers or Prog Metallers or, still, bikers. With the most sincere friends I have shared moments of my life.
With other friends I shared only a beer. I could close the speech here but ... I would, for a moment, to clarify that in my life I had more satisfaction when I managed to have friendly relations with the girls or womens.
I can not understand why. Yet it is with the other half of the sky that I had and have better relationships.
Do not think that I speak of relationships based on sex. Why do I seek the true friendship. With two persons was true love. With the first person... Well... With the first person I was stupid. I liked it a lot and I must say that I had caught his attention. But because the company that school (and that she was forced to attend) have never come out with her. In truth, I tried to fly over but after a short time I realized that I could not manage to have a serious relationship with her. I was 19 years and her 16... Today I learned that's wrong... And the thing  opened in me a big wound. With the second person... I will tell you that I did not understand why the fate we had taken two roads so different. But I think it's been better so!

With women is so me. When they try me I do not find. When I try... Yet the first kiss with the first person (I prefer not to make the names...) was the most profound experience of my life!

With the music works more or less like this. And I can not say that this is wrong. Just makes me feel alone.
The Prog is not a beautiful woman. My sensibility leads me to love more female voices, that I almost can not away from women.Is this a bad thing? Probably in a woman I search the depths. And when I think I understand that in the women I trying done that powerful fluid that drives two people to combine their genes to form a new life.

Certainly not all women send me through the spiked heels, miniskirts and breathtaking necklines.

If I am speaking of music... As I have said for women goes for music. That's why in my reviews speak too often of emotions and feeling. It is my fault, I know very well.

Compared Prog to a beautiful woman? I am not saying that. Yet for me is a means to understand the Prog. And also the women.

This Christmas I decided to raise my soul to heaven and declare that never fails to have what I'm in women (except in my mother). But I find all this in Prog?

Awww Mandrakeroot,
You seem so sweet, hurt yet so cute.
I do have to disagree with you in terms that prog that it is not about beautiful women, at times it's an escape, the moozik takes you to a different place especially if you let yourself go become free while listening through headphones, let your feelings go especially if the music is so good you feel it right from the gut, close your eyes and it will take you into the most wonderful journey :) hugs xxxxx
Anirml View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 16:19
I was listening to Supper's Ready today (were full moon =D) on my Mp3.

(Walking across the sitting-room, I turn the television off.
Sitting beside you, I look into your eyes.
As the sound of motor cars fades in the night time,
I swear I saw your face change, it didn't seem quite right.
...And it's hello babe with your guardian eyes so blue
Hey my baby don't you know our love is true.)

While I sang the first part of the song (the lines above) a beautiful woman passed me by and said it sounded nice and that I sang well Smile
lensag View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 09:42
oh my music and women...

i confess i tried to read the first post twice and i still do no understand it....but from other things people wrote in here iīd like to write some things about relationships.

One of the major things for a relationship to work is the acceptance of the other as he/she is. Thatīs something some people learn the hard way, but the reality is that every partner has something the other partner doesnīt like or would like to change. If these issues are minor that might not be a problem but if they are core-issues they can really be a pain in the a**. For example i once dated a girl who was catholic (iīm an atheist) and she once said to me that my biggest problem was that i was an atheist. I was younger and at that time those kind of comments just started to raise an issue between the two of us (being an atheist was a big atribute in the definition of my identity).  i never wanted her to change - i accepted it - but somehow i knew that issue would destroy our relationship (and 2 and a half years later) it did (of course not that issue alone).

The thing is, we must know ourselves very well to be able to understand what things are we able to accept in a partner. i would never dump a women because she has different musical preferences. But in the the first place it would be unlikely for me to date a women who liked gangsta rap....

Iīm more compelled to listen to music that can create or induce an emotional state (like some of you). (That is the reason why i love anathema so much). Music is a powerful mean to meet people who share at least a certain degree of sensibility (musical sensibility), but for me it isnīt all in a relationship. Good communication is the key...

"when routine bites hard and ambitions are low,
and resentment rides high but emotions wonīt grow
And weīre changing our ways, taking different roads..
Then love, love will tear us apart again.."
johnny23 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 08:57
I can definitely relate with you. It's true that prog and women spark entirely different emotions. There's something about women or being in a relationship that makes me feel happier, and almost steer away from the hardore music. Yet, when the breakup finally arrives, that's when I turn off the Steve Winwood and start blasting Rise Against again. Music will always be your lover!
GY!BE View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 20:14
For me the emotions that come when I listen to music are strangely similar of when I'm with the women I love...
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 05:09
the problem is that the minds of men and women work differently, due to the specialization they had in the course of evolution.

men's minds work linearly: stalk the prey - surround it - attack - kill

women's minds work like networks: keep the flame going - Uglug, stay away from the meat - where is the stone to grind flour with? - the pelts need some cleaning too - breastfeed Aglag - Uglug, what did I tell you! -  keep the flame going again -  grind flour - Uglug, don't hit the dog - I have to collect some herbs again - and Oglog will probably want to have sex with me again tonight, but I'll tell him I have a headache - Uglug, stop sucking that bone - keep flame going

Edited by BaldJean - August 06 2010 at 06:13

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Rushgrrrl View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 03:40
Originally posted by Mind_Drive Mind_Drive wrote:

Originally posted by Rushgrrrl Rushgrrrl wrote:

I've tried dating men that had no taste in music, I even went to a Nickelback show!

*hangs head in shame*

It wasn't worth it.  There's got to be some interest or this prog head isn't interested.

Hi and welcome to PA Smile

well i know that one tries to be interested in the others music (because itīs not possible to get the other to like prog) just to have commons. but in fact this doesnīt make you happy. and i found it really frustrating when you try to share your music and know that the other just doesnīt get it...

progheads are somehow very handicapped when they try to find a partner with the same musical taste (bec there are so few people who like it)

yes.. but i hope you have fun here and maybe youīll find some guy Tongue  (the music-taste is for sure the right Wink )

greets
Thank you MD!  Still trying to figure out your thread process... is it completely backwards?  Like, the newest post is always first?

Confuzit...

Yeah, a guy I dated last year... I tried to find those "common" bands you're talking about.  Dude hadn't even heard of Cake.  How the hell can you not know who Cake is?  Well, I tried.  LOL
Underdog Prog - A Progressive Music Podcast

Every Saturday 4-7pm Pacific

www.thedividingline.com/up
Rushgrrrl View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 03:35
Somewhere in this thread it was said that women probably wouldn't like Crimson with Wetton...

Other things like, prog is boy music or whatever... lol

All I know is I've loved this genre most of my life, never gave it a second thought.  I realize I am the exception, I used to see it every time I went to a prog show.  I was usually one of the 12 women there.  Lately tho, I've noticed a LOT more women at shows.  There were screaming women at the last PT show I went to, it was awesome!!

BTW...I about pee myself whenever I listen to Starless... just sayin ;)

progpositivity View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 17:40
It really doesn't have to be a huge issue if guy's spouse doesn't share his same taste in music.  The most important thing is that she really digs... *him*!  And - of course - that he is very much devoted to... *her*!

On the other hand, I would recommend that a guy make sure his girlfriend is open-minded enough to at least tolerate (with a sunny disposition) his music blaring in the house and him attending concerts.  If she becomes jealous of his prog zealoutry as a girlfriend, it will probably only get worse once she weds and starts thinking she has become a "prog-widow"! 
Positively the best Prog and Fusion 24/7!
http://www.progpositivity.com
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2009 at 10:34
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Can't say common ground in musical taste has ever been a big issue for me re female humanoids (or shared political and spiritual values for that matter) perhaps the one thing that I do feel is a prerequisite for compatibility is humour, the latter serves to cut through whatever differences you may have in many other areas)

- (Sigh) No it doesn't you furball impersonating a mammal !

- Erm...I rest my case hun

Again I find myself devoid of things to say after ExittheLemming put in a post.
Humour indeed. Don't take your differences too seriously, don't take opinions too seriously, don't take prog too seriously,
only take your girl seriously!

Hmm, can 'take' possibly be misinterpreted here?

Edited by Bonnek - December 23 2009 at 10:36
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 13:29
Originally posted by Rushgrrrl Rushgrrrl wrote:

I've tried dating men that had no taste in music, I even went to a Nickelback show!

*hangs head in shame*

It wasn't worth it.  There's got to be some interest or this prog head isn't interested.

Hi and welcome to PA Smile

well i know that one tries to be interested in the others music (because itīs not possible to get the other to like prog) just to have commons. but in fact this doesnīt make you happy. and i found it really frustrating when you try to share your music and know that the other just doesnīt get it...

progheads are somehow very handicapped when they try to find a partner with the same musical taste (bec there are so few people who like it)

yes.. but i hope you have fun here and maybe youīll find some guy Tongue  (the music-taste is for sure the right Wink )

greets
It's just a ride... <3
Rushgrrrl View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 12:57

*hangs head in shame*

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 07:51
Can't say common ground in musical taste has ever been a big issue for me re female humanoids (or shared political and spiritual values for that matter) perhaps the one thing that I do feel is a prerequisite for compatibility is humour, the latter serves to cut through whatever differences you may have in many other areas)

- (Sigh) No it doesn't you furball impersonating a mammal !

- Erm...I rest my case hun
Mind_Drive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 08:34
I think that itīs really important that your partner has in some way the same taste of music as you.

lately wich means the last 2 years i was into a girl. we had a very unique relationship but in the end she decided herself in favor of her boyfriend. now there is the problem: i tend to cennect girls with music in my emotions... we got a special album together wich is as beautiful as she is and she really did enjoy this music as well.. hm now i canīt listen to it without getting extremely sad Cry

when i think back to the time with her the thing i regret the most is that i never showed her all of the music i love.. although she is listening to reggae/ska etc and not prog.. i know that she was the person to understand this music, perhaps the only girl (except for my sister) i know by now. shes very musical and we could have jammed together or whatever. now she will probably never get to know this genre well..

in this situations much music can be applied to my feelings and songtexts get a new meaning for me. for example the best of times by dream theater (although its referring to portnoys father): "thank you for the inspiration, thank you for the smiles, all the unconditional love..." i had to think of her at once when i heared this song the first time. in my entire life there was no person wich has changed me and given me so much like she did.. well i donīt know whether anyone is interested in this^^ but i felt good in writing down this sh*t, so..

greetz
It's just a ride... <3
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 05:58
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

The fact is more strange if I consider that my list of girlfriends love (or please) Prog Metal!

Lucky b*****d!
Mandi is the site's resident stud.... didn't he have a mother and a daughter at the same time... hell... I think both were pregnant as well LOL

I don't even know what to say, or how to feel about that!!!!

The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
Salvador Dali

There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 26 2009 at 05:59
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 02:24
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

The fact is more strange if I consider that my list of girlfriends love (or please) Prog Metal!

Lucky b*****d!
Mandi is the site's resident stud.... didn't he have a mother and a daughter at the same time... hell... I think both were pregnant as well LOL

I don't even know what to say, or how to feel about that!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>