Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStackridge Podcast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stackridge Podcast
    Posted: December 21 2008 at 18:21
Hi chums

It has taken a while to get going,  but I have just launched a new free monthly podcast on behalf of Stackridge called Lummy Days.  It contains a blend of eclectic music (including rare Stackridge tracks), interviews with band members and investigations into curious facts associated with the band's mythology. 

In the first episode  

In the November episode there is an interview with Mutter Slater about his new CD, a sneak preview of a track from the new Stackridge album and the discovery that Stackridge invented the people carrier!
Download it from the link below

In the second episode

In the December edition we're focussing on cosmic crap as we uncover a rare live recording of Purple Spaceships over Yatton from the 1970s , investigate the mystery of Mr James Warren’s Carpet vanishing slippers and re-discover the Stackridge Panto.

Download it from the link below
http://www.stackridge.net/show_notes.asp?id=2

And don't forget to add yourself to the Frappr Map
http://www.stackridge.net/frappr.asp
Fatty Fudge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2009 at 18:26

Hi Chums

Just to let you know the latest Stackridge Podcast is available.  

Lummy Days 04 - February 2009

In the February show we find out how a Stackridge song had a radical impact on Sunday Times Cartoonist, Nick Newman’s life, discover the mysteries of Pete Donovan’s magic desk.

This show includes the first Lummy Days Competition, where you can win a bottle of 12 year old Malt Whiskey!
debrewguy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2009 at 19:56
With free shipping to Canada ?
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
el dingo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2009 at 03:16
I saw Stackridge (Lemon?) at Dagenham Roundhouse in the early 70s. Am I imagining it or were there really people in the crowd with dustbin lids and what looked like celery sticks?

I was a bit out of it the time so I could be imagining it. Will this be on the podcast in any way?
It's not that I can't find worth in anything, it's just that I can't find worth in enough.
AlanD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 06:46
Hi El Dingo - yeah, I was there with my orange 'Newham Thrashers' dustbin lids and rhubarb (not celery!) to thrash.

Check out Fatty Fudge's podcasts, they really are a treat for Stackridge fans everywhere!
AlanD
el dingo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 03:09
^

Gee, I was born in Forest Gate and thought the Newham Thrashers lived on the Beckton Bypass, only emerging at night to hunt down Millwall fansWink

Sorry to confuse rhubarb with celery. Saw some great Bands at Dag Roundhouse, btw!
It's not that I can't find worth in anything, it's just that I can't find worth in enough.
Fatty Fudge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 18:40

Hello Chums

Well it’s that time again and the September edition of Lummy Days, Stackridge’s Official Podcast, is now ready for  consumption.

http://www.stackridge.net/show_notes.asp?id=11

In this month we join with Stackridge to explore the beautiful craft of knitting with the help of  Judy Dyble and an exclusive interview with Daevid Allen from Gong. Mike Tobin, Stackridge's Manager, recalls an early Stackridge TV appearance and we play some rare old Stackridge tracks.

Additional music and contributions from Sarah Mitchell, Stephen T , Gong, Judy Dyble, The Cubby Creatures, Sophie Madeleine, Frank Key and dear old Arthur Askey.

Dip in and have a listen. Apparently the Podcast made it onto The Saturday Times Playlist supplement last weekend as one of the five best web page suggestions from readers each week on the Sitegeist page.

Post Reply Post Reply