Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVisitor 2035

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor 2035
    Posted: March 16 2015 at 04:59
I discovered the band last week on Youtube. The self-titled album is really good Thumbs Up
LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 04:10
The photo I originally posted has been removed unfortunately.   I only went to gigs around 1975 with Joe, but kept in touch with Nigel for a few more years.   Would be pleased to see your photos John M - do post them some time.  
John MacMahon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 18:29
Hi out there, I know visitor very well, I was their photographer and yes, I have lots of photos of them.
 Craig also taught my son Gary how to play trumpet! I was with them at most of there gigs 1975-1978, I then traveled over o the middle East for photographic work and while away, Craig used my DS21 safari car to transport things to gigs (a job I did while working with them). Great guys, great music, I have both L.P.s, signed by the band, also Craig's singles, I also have photos of them signing their contract with Ariola! I did the photography for the Visitor 2035 album!
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 16:22
You should write us a review of the album, Ian!Smile

IanL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 16:11
I was lucky enough to see Visitor 2035 live at Deeply Vale in the late 70's. They arrived with the Steve Hillage band as support act and came on quite late in the evening. I'd never heard of them before but their mix of spacey jazz rock type music blew me away. Best band of the festival by far. I remember Craig Pruess stepping away from his keyboards to play trumpet on Cassiopeia and the haunting tones drifting around the natural amphitheatre that was Deeply Vale. I found there album shortly afterwards in Virgin records in Coventry and bought it which I still have to this day. I also got the album on CD from the States but suspected it was not entirely legit which was confirmed by Craig after I emailed him. Nice copy though! Craig did talk about remaking some of the tracks but I've never heard anything since.
LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2012 at 15:31
I emailed your Dad and we've been chatting Star glad to hear he's still gigging.
jellybrain View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2012 at 13:29
HI - saw this and had to register - my dad is Ray Deefholts - the guitarist from Visitor so if you have any questions. ask away!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2012 at 17:31
Originally posted by LauraS LauraS wrote:

Visitor 2035 - Upstairs at Ronnies

The photo of the full band is from the internet (not mine) but I'm sure it's fine to share it.  This ticket stub however was still in with my tape.  The quality of the tape is pretty poor, but I'm going to transfer it to my computer - I think it's a demo of what eventually became the vinyl copy some already have, but I'll need to ask at least one of the boys if it's ok to share it. 

Love it!  Clap

LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 06:02
Oh, and Nigel is with a band called LOUD SHIRTS now - they play in the Redhill area - it's just outside London, UK.

LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 06:00
Visitor 2035 - Upstairs at Ronnies

The photo of the full band is from the internet (not mine) but I'm sure it's fine to share it.  This ticket stub however was still in with my tape.  The quality of the tape is pretty poor, but I'm going to transfer it to my computer - I think it's a demo of what eventually became the vinyl copy some already have, but I'll need to ask at least one of the boys if it's ok to share it. 

Edited by LauraS - September 16 2012 at 08:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 21:20
Laura, thanks for the great memories and the photo....yours is way better than the one we have, so if you've no objection I'll be happy to use it here on their page...

LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2012 at 13:01
Oh, and important bit - Joe introduced me to the music of Chick Corea and we all attended in London.  I then took Joe to see Todd Rundgren's Utopia at The Hammersmith Odean (now the Apollo) and he was pretty blown away by it.  I've remained a Todd Rundgren fan to this day.
LauraS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2012 at 12:55
Hi all

I know this discussion started back in 2008, but I used to hang with this band as I was dating Joe Dudziak approx. 74 or 75 - he played bass on all songs and I don't remember another bass player at all?   Whatever, the band used to rehearse in a house at Broadbridge Heath (Nr Horsham) and the first gig I went to with Joe was in Brighton (a rough old church hall) and I gave out flyers outside to try and attract an audience - he and his roadie picked me up in an old van and I sat on his lap for the journey.  It was said that a record company was showing up that night,, but I don't think they did.  After that I attending a couple of others (as already mentioned) Christs Hospital Show and Worthing.  I heard Joe got some gigs at Ronnie Scotts and I party'd with Nigel a few times after Joe and I stopped dating.  I have a cassette tape still in my possession which was their first recording and Joe played on it.  The record seems to be from the time after he left?  I've little more information as I then moved from the area.

http://www1.sk-static.com/images/media/img/col6/20100121-122627-628079.jpg

Picture of the band above - Joe Dudziak second from left and Nigel Robsinson third from left.  I may recall other names a bit later...........

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 08:51
They were actually added to the site in Eclectic: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5935.
cooltunes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 08:34
Yes I know a few things about this band as I was a roadie for them for a few gigs circa 1974/5 and particularly remember a gig at Christ's hospital school, which was a local gig for them and another gig we did in Worthing.

A long time ago so my memory not great on the details. I was very pleased when I learned how to put the whole keyboard rig together as it was quite an involved setup.  A musician myself who played on bands in Brighton at the time, the main one being a band called Madhatter, I was very impressed with their technical abilities.
eventuality23 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 08:54
yo helped the band out gettin gigs permits etc 1975/6 band based in Britain Horsham at the time American craig keyboards/trumpet/12string english drummer nigel    ray indian guitarist was joe bass and english singer cris gonning anyhoo did lot of pub /festival / university gigs at the time that were real happenings !!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 14:41

Bravo Alex, thanks for taking care of thisClap

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 08:17
Nice band! They've got lots of stuff that define what's best in classic prog: jazzy interplay, spacey synth washes, quirky sounds, etc. There is a strong fusion component, but I think the variety screams "Eclectic". The music reminds me a lot of S.B.B. and their album "Follow My Dream"... and this is not without implications because some time ago S.B.B. were (rightfully so) moved from Fusion to Eclectic. 
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 06:07
Wow this is an old one. I'll check asap Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 17:33
Hey thanks for sharing a story about them.  I'm still hoping someone will come and scoop them up.  It was a long time ago since I listened but I thought they were pretty good.  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>