Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCollaborators Top Prog-Rock Albums 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 18:34
^^ Alright, you've given them a shot at least. Just keep in mind they aren't progressive like Yes and Genesis, but more in their own way. Give Damnation and Watershed a try. Those are their most by-the-books progressive releases. Damnation is growl-free and in the vein of Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd. Watershed. is a typical progressive metal album with some grunts time-to-time. If those don't convince you that they are more than a death metal band, then nothing will.

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 18:37
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

^^ Alright, you've given them a shot at least. Just keep in mind they aren't progressive like Yes and Genesis, but more in their own way. Give Damnation and Watershed a try. Those are their most by-the-books progressive releases. Damnation is growl-free and in the vein of Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd. Watershed. is a typical progressive metal album with some grunts time-to-time. If those don't convince you that they are more than a death metal band, then nothing will.

I should try out DAMNATION some time... If its full of Mellotron, I'm there

Please, keep in mind, I love them as a band, but I just don't feel that they're really very prog...
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 18:40
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I should try out DAMNATION some time... If its full of Mellotron, I'm there

Please, keep in mind, I love them as a band, but I just don't feel that they're really very prog...

Their latest two albums (Watershed and Ghost Reveries) are also full of mellotron, in addition to keeping their metal side.

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789