Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWaddle - Post Rock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waddle - Post Rock?
    Posted: January 14 2009 at 12:28
I stumbled across Waddle's 2007 album titled October on eMusic last week.  Kind of silly, but I had 6 downloads left for the month so I was working my way through eMusic's list of new additions in progressive rock until I found one with 6 songs, and figured what the heck let's give it a shot.  I don't know too much about them other than they are at France.  They list themselves as experimenta/emo/indie on their MySpace page.  Under their influences they list bands like Mogwai, GY!BE, sigur ros, and Explosions in the Sky amongst others.  I'm thinking that this might be a good addition for post rock, but this is an area that is definitely not my area of expertise.  Also, this one will need some help from someone who can read French, since both their MySpace page and their home page are written in French.

Here is a link to their MySpace Page with some streaming music:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=56460327

Here is a link to their website:  http://www.waddle.fr/

And here is a link that I found to stream the entire October album.  You may even be able to download.  I think that it is a legal site, but if not, admins please delete the link.  http://www.deezer.com/en/waddle/october-A242541.html

Thank you for your time in evaluating this band.  I hope that you enjoy them, and hopefully I am in the right ball park with my post rock suggestion.

Scott
Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 13:23
Saw your playlist entry on PF ... since you tagged the album as post rock, the band was automatically included on the suggestions tab of the post rock genre chart. That works for all the genres ... assign the appropriate tags, and the teams will automatically be notified (that is, if the occasionally have a look at the suggestions tab).Smile

Edited by Mr ProgFreak - January 14 2009 at 13:25
burritounit View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 16:08
Originally posted by Mr ProgFreak Mr ProgFreak wrote:

Saw your playlist entry on PF ... since you tagged the album as post rock, the band was automatically included on the suggestions tab of the post rock genre chart. That works for all the genres ... assign the appropriate tags, and the teams will automatically be notified (that is, if the occasionally have a look at the suggestions tab).Smile

This is really wonderful. In fact I checked it a few days ago. Its pretty helpful Mike.
"I've walked on water, run through fire, can't seem to feel it anymore. It was me, waiting for me..."
Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 01:57
^ Cool ... it's good to know that some find this service to be useful, it really took me quite some time to get right. It might look simple, just a bunch of artists being listed, but it needs some pretty advanced sql queries ... and of course I have to correlate the information with the PA database, so that no artists are listed which have already been added to PA.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply