FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKlaus Schulze Book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klaus Schulze Book
    Posted: January 15 2009 at 18:35
Please check out my book on electronic music legend Klaus Schulze at www.KlausSchulzeBook.com.  The book was released in late May of 2008 and is chock full of information on Klaus, his instruments, his albums and interviews with 12 or so of his contemporaries (very illuminating about Klaus the musician and Klaus the person).

Thanks!

Greg Allen
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 05:09
I'll be fully looking forward to it. Clap
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 09:58
OK, now I actually have a good reason to spend money.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 11:05
Hi,

Is this one of those "unauthorized" biographies?

Somehow I can not imagine Klaus accepting anyone doing anything for him ... you should have seen the nice up yours I got when I asked permission to use some music with my own poetry for a well established poetry magazine on the Internet ...

I framed it.

I like his music ... but being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk is not cool ... is that in your book too?
greglw3 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 12:07
Hi, Yes this is an authorized book.  I worked with Klaus D. Mueller for 2 months and he ceased helping for his own reasons which I did not agree with.  Then I reached Klaus Schulze personally and he was very friendly, helpful and generous.  He has the book himself and got copies for all of his kids.

Are you sure you were actually dealing with Klaus Schulze or were you actually dealing with Klaus D. Mueller?  They are very, very different people from my experience.  KDM handles all replies from the official KS web site as far as I know.  My guess is you were not really dealing with KS directly.

Greg
flaxton View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 09:30
i have a lot of klaus music. i regard him very highly.
flaxton
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 12:44
Hi,

I was pretty sure that it was KM that was doing the replies ...I am really naive sometimes, but you know what? I could not imagine someone that plays music like that ... and so well, and develops so much time and effort to it ... being a jerk like that. It just didn't fit.

That's ok .. I got Anthony Phillips, Kevin Ayers and some others ... and it probably turned out better ... I was not looking to do an Arthur Brown impression ... but what I was trying to do .... was probably more "centered" than the Arthur Brown ramblings ... and it was with "Sebastian in Traum" ... and it was a sort of story that went with the sound effects and sounds ... something that no vocalist with Klaus has ever done ... I will say I have not heard his last efforts. It was pure surrealism ... and in my book it would have probably been a did/laugh at Edgar Froese who thinks his music is surrealistic ... of all electronic albums, other than Faust (So Far/Tapes ... etc) most music is incapable of being totally surrealistic ... and I specifically like that piece of music ... because it has the "most" significant jumps in mind sets ... than one other piece of music ... there are only three of these that I know that really stretch the surrealistic theme ... Klaus had that piece, Tomita's version of The Firebird Suite ... and Egberto Gismonti's album "No Caipira" (the instrumental/orchestral stuff is out of this mind and world). I also think that some of the Cosmic Courier stuff also fits this mold ... hard not to consider a large part of Planeten Sit-In as surrealistic as things had come electronically at that time.

I would love to see this and will probably enjoy reading it. But I would also like to see music also take a less "concentional" format ... I'm tired of sonata themes in everything from rap to another synth ... and for me Klaus (I think( was aware of that from the start .... I always called it music for the adept ... since new age initiates would never know the difference between this or anything else ... not enough crystals around it!
 Post Reply Post Reply