Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:23
Looks like some people at the TFK Yahoo group already got their copies of Banks of Eden. JEALOUS!
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:43
Yeah, me too.  Greg Walker will be getting them Friday or Monday, and will have a special edition for me at Nearfest, just over a week from now!  Along with several other albums he's holding for me..................
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:45
This reminds me, I have to call my local shop to see if they're getting BoE this weekend. Release dates are Tuesdays around here, but they usually have new releases as early as Fridays, and will have them on the shelves because they don't care.
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 14:33
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Yeah, me too.  Greg Walker will be getting them Friday or Monday, and will have a special edition for me at Nearfest, just over a week from now!  Along with several other albums he's holding for me..................

i think i'm going to get mine from greg too.  so what other CDs are you getting at NearFest?  i'm curious.  also, you have to give us a report after the festival:)
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 16:21
MY LOCAL SHOP HAS BANKS OF EDEN

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'M GOING TO PICK IT UP TONIGHT OR EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 16:34
Pick one up for me too please. Wink
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 16:43
LOL

The lady on the phone said they only had the single disc edition, but I remember the store telling me they only had the regular edition of Beardfish's "Mammoth" but when I went there, they had the special edition. I hope this is the case with Banks of Eden.

If not, I'm still going to get the single disc version, and get the special edition from here. In which case, I'll have both jewel case and digi-pak, and I prefer jewel case.
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 21:39
So the lady on the phone was wrong, they had the 2 disc special edition for $14 Smile and the art work is just beautiful.
Unfortunately it's 10:30pm here, so I can't listen through my sound system, and I don't want my first listen to be through headphones, so I may just wait until tomorrow to listen to it. We'll see.
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 00:41
Didn't wait.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 07:23
That you have a store that you can buy Flower Kings from makes me insanely jealous.  Then you say $14 for the special edition???  How can they even do that, let alone still be in business?  And why haven't you hooked us all up????  LOL
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 09:38
I had no idea it would be so cheap. This is why I will buy an album there if it's more expensive than other means, just to support the store.

I did find an even cheaper offer for the deluxe edition. Laser CD is selling it for just $12!

http://www.lasercd.com/Products/Flower-Kings--The---Banks-Of-Eden-%282CD-Digipak%29__05862.aspx
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 09:43
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 09:53
What does the double Cd have extra? It's £13 on Amazon while the single is a bargain at £7.99

darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 09:57
The second disc has more songs. And an interview with the band in the studio (I haven't watched it yet).

Edited by darkshade - June 15 2012 at 10:02
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:01
I will say, I only listened once, but it's clear why they kept the songs on the second bonus disc off the main album. The 1st disc IS the album, just like The Whirlwind disc 1 IS the album. Disc 2 is a bonus disc. It's a little weird because the album is just under an hour, and breezes by, but there's no 'filler', every song is strong.

But, the bonus disc is not just a bunch of throwaway tracks, they sounded really good on first listen; even better than the originals on The Whirlwind's bonus disc. I'm sure the songs just didn't go with the theme of the main disc of BoE.

What's cool is I have it all on my iPod as one album, since the whole thing would fit on one CD anyway.

Edited by darkshade - June 15 2012 at 10:03
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:16
Seems to be a lot extra for the privilege of a bonus disc
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:19
Well I think we're privileged to have a new TFK album; but if you're not the biggest fan, I say get the cheaper £7.99 which is a great deal. The bonus disc songs ARE good though, they're not like what I hear the Flower Power or TSONE bonus disc songs are (short little instrumentals that aren't anything crazy). The bonus disc on BoE is like an EP, and the songs are great. I'll be listening again shortly.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:26
Flower Power doesn't have a bonus disc. At least I didn't get one.
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:33
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Flower Power doesn't have a bonus disc. At least I didn't get one.

Apparently Flower Power has a special edition with 4 bonus tracks at the end of disc 2. I don't have it either.

I saw The Sum Of No Evil special edition at my store while I was grabbing BoE, and it was $35 !
MattGuitat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGuitat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 12:11
Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

I had no idea it would be so cheap. This is why I will buy an album there if it's more expensive than other means, just to support the store.

I did find an even cheaper offer for the deluxe edition. Laser CD is selling it for just $12!

http://www.lasercd.com/Products/Flower-Kings--The---Banks-Of-Eden-%282CD-Digipak%29__05862.aspx

Even cheaper 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 486>