Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Altairius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altairius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 20:24
I don't know why I was so slow warming up to Banks of Eden. Numbers is one of their greatest songs ever.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 22:10

Slippery slope, dude.

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 07:54
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Great timing on reviving this thread...Have been on a TFK run of late. Played Adam & Eve a few times, I really love that album, wish I could find it in vinyl Cry. Also Desolation Rose, been spinning that one a lot also, really appreciate that one.

Also made a mental note to spend more time with Tomas's solo stuff, I have I Am and Pinup Guru.

I can see how TFK are a summer band.......makes sense

Yeah, good stuff (though you probably know my feelings about A&E........the title track came up on shuffle the other day, I enjoyed it well enough).  Desolation Rose really grew on me, I'll have to break that out again soon.

For Tomas, you need Eggs & Dogs "You Are".  It's the second part of the trilogy started with I AM.  It's a great album, though perhaps a bit less symphonic than I AM.  Still, I love it almost as much.  No word on when the final part of the trilogy will happen (He She It).  He will, apparently, be releasing another solo album soon though, called "She Belongs to Another Tree".

Yeah, I heard about that new Tomas Bodin album Mike.  It's supposed to be like Cinematograaf Part 2, which sounds great to me.

Like you I just love I Am and You Are and look forward to Part 3 of the trilogy, sometime.......
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 08:26
well I`ve been busy well seriously busy revamping the house which as been a low on music play, so its more likely be nearer to 27/12 before I`ll finish the living room which isn't great as the hi-fi will be staying in its boxes Cry 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 14:14
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

well I`ve been busy well seriously busy revamping the house which as been a low on music play, so its more likely be nearer to 27/12 before I`ll finish the living room which isn't great as the hi-fi will be staying in its boxes Cry 

Yeah, I'm moving over the holidays (not far, same town).  So my CD's are pretty much all packed away along with the stereo(s).  My computer is still hooked up until the last minute, but it's a poor substitute sound-wise.

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 07:27
right on poor is right Cry well I`ll make up for the lose as soon as its set upLOL...

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 12:43
I have been drinking german beer (and some English rum-porter) all day - deciding to put on some tunes right now.......I may decide that G.O.D. is perhaps the antidote for Mancunian Dark skies and torrential rain.....Wet on the outside and the inside simultaneously....
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 09:14
Ok, I can't say that I've ever had English Rum-Porter but wow, that sounds yummy.
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 11:04
you lucky boy M27Braney, rum-porter yes... still no music as no hi-fi... 

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 12:36
Hmm well its the TFK without being able to hear them. which isn't cool at all... wouldn't have boxed up the hi-fi if I`d know how long the new unit would take to arrive, where still on the delivery date of 30/12/14 fingers crossed it wont be 2015Cry ooh no not 2015 CryCryCryCryCryCryCry

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 11:50
Well I would put the Rum-Porter in my top 10 all-time ales...I am having a couple of my favourite bottled ales - tonight - King-Goblin and McEwan's Champion.....Hope everybody has a good time celebrating the return of the sun (well in the northern hemisphere!). Bottoms-UP everybody.....Hic....Beer
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 12:30
well have a great Christmas yourself M27Barney. sorry to say but I`ll possible be a little Cry as I`ve been told as of 27/01/2015 I`m being lied off work great timing bosses, any Dickens HO HO HO... 

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 11:16
Well I have listened to Perfect Beings...Good solid prog - but songs too short...stand out first spin, 5_removal_of_the_identity_chip, 9_primary_colors and 10_one_of_your_kind - the guitarist is obviously well into Howe from Yes - with a little bit of acoustic which sounds like he's going into mood for a day....Mind you with talent like they have they should be far more bombastic - extend those themes reprise the melodies...explore the time changes....extend extend extend.....(The mantra for all prog bands to give us what we want!)
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 15:53
I agree Rob, they could be longer but what we get is fantastic. Loove Identity Chip.

One other album that is really growing on me is Heretics by Dream the Electric Sheep.

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 11:42
Any thoughts had in here about Barracuda Triangle?
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 20:17
Haven't heard that one yet? Any good Scott?

Unrelated, Happy New Year everyone.

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 13:54
we`ve been having a whirlwind (sorry about the pun) of a downward pieces of crap luck at the tail (pun again) end of 2014. with very little friends help keeping the geekfreak up beat... also no TFK to help out ever...

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 14:13
Just spun - Minor Giant's - On the Road - oooh - moog synth fest...if you like keyboard dominated prog then this CD is the one for you - the last track is just simply AWESOME..... good choice for me to purchase!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 21:20
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Haven't heard that one yet? Any good Scott?

Unrelated, Happy New Year everyone.
I've not heard it yet. Just heard that it had 3 Flower King members on it so it is on the curiosity list.  I found it on eMusic to download so I think that I will go that route; the Amazon route was way too expensive.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2015 at 01:32
well wee I`ve now finished the units hi-fi back up and ooh boy, been blasting the prog at highest rate as possible...

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 486>