Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 10:41
well I`ve gotten the bug of enjoying TFK, which isn't a unhappy bug to have. now I`m going to listening to Ehcolyn :  ATW/ECHO2012 to great album IMHO...Wink
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 08:20
Well, my holiday was mostly spent moving and having a medical procedure done (nothing serious, voluntary procedure).  So not as much fun as I would have liked, but still nice to have off work for a couple weeks.  We've set up the 5.1 surround system.........just need to find some disk's that have 5.1 mixes on them (I know I have a couple, if not more.....just haven't unpacked all the CD's yet).

The only new music I've picked up is the first Beardfish album.......which isn't new, of course.  Not my favorite by them, but at least 2 or 3 really good tracks.  The new Beardfish is on it's way to me as well.

I want to pick up that Barracuda Triangle.........probably go through Greg Walker since he always has reasonable prices and quick service.

Sorry to hear about your lay off geekfreak.........hope you will be okay and can find a new job asap!
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 14:59
Well I have taken delivery of "Sepentrion" by Anima Mundi - bought directly from the bands website (it was £44.00 on amazon!) - completes my collection of their recorded material!!!
I shall be listening this Friday probably!!!
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 17:17
GF, sorry to hear about the lay off man, Sorry, I know, day late and a dollar short but the timing sucks.

Mike, 5.1 is nice, I have a set up in boxes at the moment, I may have to pull it out at some point.  The only CD's I have are the Genesis remasters (Yes, all of them).

Rob, Minor Giant does rock, it's on my top ten list this year.

-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2015 at 15:16
Ok, Spock's Beard was just announced for ROSfest.  I may have to find a way to go now . . .
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 04:43
thanks dude. hope you get to the ROSfest...

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 14:51
Aye, Enjoy.....Their last CD Brief Nocturnes...is possibly my favourite CD of those released in the last three years...Fantastic stuff especially Waiting for Me....
I have just re-visited an old Love - Yes.....and for me the Version of Starship Trooper performed Live at San Luis Obispo, California...is one of the most awe-inspiring pieces of live music I have in my prodigious CD collection...and without doubt Wakeman's Poly-Moog solo is the finest EVER.....(Mind you I do like Emerson's Moog solo in Aqua-Tarkus on the  Ladies & gentleman CD...but it is bettered by the Old-Castle (Emerson's finest moog solo)...both are  light-years behind the caped-crusaders effort on Wurm though....
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 14:30
are you more of a Emerson man than Wakeman man!LOL I`d personnel give my vote to Rick just for the albums CTTE, TFTTO and GFTO... LOL

getting back to topic as anyone blown the dust off there TFK body of work yet...Thumbs DownThumbs Up

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 10:44
well I`ve planned an evening with TFK, as the Cry weather, work and modern live. I`m in need of an uplifting music what better way to be uplifted with...

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 12:50
Hm, No if you read my mail...Wakeman is my man.....At least that what I know I meant and is correctly expressed in the post....Big smile
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2015 at 10:15
ok pal wakeman it is...

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 07:04
Rick Wakeman is a personnel fav of mine too!... not much prog playing Cryso I`ll not been in the right frame of mind to sit and listen too PROG!!!!!!!!!!!!... 

Music Is Live

<
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 15:00
Just got Desolation Rose the other day and after one and a half listens thus far, I am liking what they are doing on the shorter songs more so than the epics.  Still not enough listens yet to draw any conclusions.  Sometimes (not always or a lot), IMHO, their epics seem a little forced.

Still amazed at how they keep putting out solid albums (and double ones at that!)
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 18:40
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

We've set up the 5.1 surround system.........just need to find some disk's that have 5.1 mixes on them

"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 20:06
Hey Dudes!

Kind of fell off the prog wagon with the last TA release.  Was so looking forward to that and it really was not good.  However, have recently had an inkling to listen to some prog.  BoE was calling my name, interestingly.  Definitely interested in new SW coming out soon and I do want to check out that Steve Rothery album.  I'm also on a Floyd kick.  Need to pick up the new one as I really like Division Bell.  

Other than that, what's new with TFK.  I can't seem to glean much from the yahoo group.  I know Roine's got that project with Jon Anderson.  He also seemed to hint at a new Kaipa De Capo album.  However, the main Kaipa keyboard dude is not that band?  Also, new Tomas album and HFMC?  Hard to keep up.  Hope all are well.

Craig
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 20:19
A couple of kings released a jazz album as a band called Barracuda Triangle.
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 10:43
Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

Hey Dudes!

Kind of fell off the prog wagon with the last TA release.  Was so looking forward to that and it really was not good.   I'm also on a Floyd kick.  Need to pick up the new one as I really like Division Bell. 

Craig

Wassup Craig-Meister?!?!?!

T/A is done, Neal keeps writing "All The Above" over & over again.  I was fine for the first two TA records but now I am just bored.  I give him credit though he has turned down the Jesus preaching crap, although its still there. Neal Morse is saved, God Bless Him, now can we get some bloody music????

Ahem,

My good man, to further enhance your musical inklings you simply must get your 5.1 sh*t together.

YES - Relayer came out direct from the original 24 track.  It is STUNNING.  It will blow you away.  Tull - Warchild came out in 5.1 as well.  It is another miracle and speaking of your Pink Floyd...

The Division Bell 5.1 DVD with DTS 5.1 can be bought for 10.00 from PFs website you just gotta keep watching.  I bought it and TDB in 5.1 is beyond mind blowing!

And Wakeman's first two records, 6 Wives & King Arthur are coming out in QUAD!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Myths-Legends-Arthur-Knights-Round/dp/B00Q5V6QWO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422722473&sr=8-2&keywords=rick+wakeman+six+wives+of+henry+viii

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Six-Wives-Henry-VIII/dp/B00Q5V6RYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422722473&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+wakeman+six+wives+of+henry+viii

and....

ELP Trilogy is coming out in 5.1 in a month. Beer

Edited by dennismoore - January 31 2015 at 19:59
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 13:02
5.1 wow wee I`ll been a monkeys uncle... the new tech crap seems to create nerds of ???????. music is like a time capsule where the musicians where at within that timeframe. and before you bust a gut, than hurl everything and the kitchen sink at me. I`ve a 5.1 player set up. its just piss`s me off when albums from a bygone years are pushed out first re-mastered than extra tracks and so on... where will it all end... also if you`d not have a liking for NM faithful recordings why do you buy them... just take another photo of your wife dude... 

Music Is Live

<
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 19:50
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

Hey Dudes!

Kind of fell off the prog wagon with the last TA release.  Was so looking forward to that and it really was not good.   I'm also on a Floyd kick.  Need to pick up the new one as I really like Division Bell. 

Craig

Wassup Craig-Meister?!?!?!

T/A is done, Neal keeps writing "All The Above" over & over again.  I was fine for the first two TA records but now I am just bored.  I give him credit though he has turned down the Jesus preaching crap, although its still there. Neal Morse is saved, God Bless Him, now can we get some bloody music????

Ahem,

My good man, to further enhance your musical inklings you simply must get your 5.1 sh*t together.

YES - Relayer came out direct from the original 24 track.  It is STUNNING.  It will blow you away.  Tull - Warchild came out in 5.1 as well.  It is another miracle and speaking of your Pink Floyd...

The Division Bell 5.1 DVD with DTS 5.1 can be bought for 10.00 from PFs website you just gotta keep watching.  I bought it and TDB in 5.1 is beyond mind blowing!

And Wakeman's first two records, 6 Wives & King Arthur are coming out in QUAD!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Myths-Legends-Arthur-Knights-Round/dp/B00Q5V6QWO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422722473&sr=8-2&keywords=rick+wakeman+six+wives+of+henry+viii

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Six-Wives-Henry-VIII/dp/B00Q5V6RYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422722473&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+wakeman+six+wives+of+henry+viii

and....

ELP Trilogy is coming out in 5.1 in a month. Beer

Dennis,

What's up?  Hope you and family are well :-)

I know, I just can't get the 5.1 thing going.  It's on my list, but so low.  We're moving into a smaller house in the near future which will hopefully save some money, so I might carve some space out for it.  ELP Trilogy would be awesome!  Is Steven Wilson doing it?

Alas, TA is done.  Even Roine thinks so, given his comments about their uncertain future.  Oh well, those first two albums are great.  I do need to check out this jazz release from Jonas.  Sounds interesting.

Peace Brothers!
Craig
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 07:34
right lets start the 5.1 thread somewhere else as isn't this a appreciation thread to TFK. which isn't what it seems to be less on the band and solo/side projects not the newer format to listen too the music... also guys what is it with the TA last two albums. or three if you`ll all count the live one too!... are well lets see what this bring along with it...LOL

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 486>