Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 10:42
^ I have not heard that album in full, but saw some YT clips and yea similar. I think the set list of course is different, they played 3 nights in Seattle. I heard the 1st night was 3.25 hours long so they cut it back some to 3 hours LOL.
We enjoyed the 2nd part of the show more than first, it is more energetic and the 3 drummers were pretty loose by then.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 12:16
First listen to Banks of Eden in maybe 2 years and it is indeed a perfect follow-up to the great (hard to beat) Sum of no Evil. Strong one.

Mon top 3 est coulé dans le béton, par contre:

1. Space Revolver
2. Unfold the Future
3. The Sum of no Evil

Edited by Barbu - June 22 2017 at 18:51
and those with no homes to go to, please dig yourself holes
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 20:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ I have not heard that album in full, but saw some YT clips and yea similar. I think the set list of course is different, they played 3 nights in Seattle. I heard the 1st night was 3.25 hours long so they cut it back some to 3 hours LOL.
We enjoyed the 2nd part of the show more than first, it is more energetic and the 3 drummers were pretty loose by then.

I checked the set-list for a few nights, and it seems to be very nice, though they are changing it a bit constantly. This one seems bound to be a night to remember. I'm expecting it to be one of the best concerts I have seen.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 10:07
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

The lyrics just get on my nerves, the anti establishment anti-capitalist lyrics I can stand - but to attribute as an antidote his personal fairy friend. The man is clearly as intelligent as most, so to believe is such childish bullsh*t is just very, very annoying.
And I drive past a music venue (every week day) where little girls and women were blown to bits in the name of the so called "Religion of Peace" - and everybody mourns and lights candles and "prays" - and they just can't see the fooking ELEPHANT in the room!!!!

hmmm didn't sort of get it...well no I`ve not heard the Elephant which your saying and the childish bulls*** is to me anyway intelligent meanings......plus TFK are so upbeat
sometimes somewhere someone will piss you OFF!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 23:57
argh! s*** the likelihood of a new TFK album before 201? is ZERO! s*** still the entire back catalogue is amazingly breathtakingly awesome IMHO. . .yes
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2017 at 13:53
the local days of longing for the supersonic tones of haze colourful musical notes the amazingly awesome the Flower Kings. . .mega sound scopes!  
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2017 at 23:44
gosh! there`s a little of a shift to the questions to which isn't been done. (three questions)

1. top five epic`s.
2. top four album artwork.
3. best guitar/mellotron solo`s.

hmmm hopefully I`ll find some results later 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2017 at 08:44
If it will be years before a new TFK album is released, then I hope they work on reissuing the albums on vinyl with big gatefold covers to enhance the artwork.

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 03:48
Hmmm sadly not much active posts here that's most likely because the Flower Kings aren't active hmmm complete nothingness? mysteries? or even hummer? so there`s no point hanging aroundDeadCry    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452
  Share Topic