Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 10:42
^ I have not heard that album in full, but saw some YT clips and yea similar. I think the set list of course is different, they played 3 nights in Seattle. I heard the 1st night was 3.25 hours long so they cut it back some to 3 hours LOL.
We enjoyed the 2nd part of the show more than first, it is more energetic and the 3 drummers were pretty loose by then.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 12:16
First listen to Banks of Eden in maybe 2 years and it is indeed a perfect follow-up to the great (hard to beat) Sum of no Evil. Strong one.

Mon top 3 est coulé dans le béton, par contre:

1. Space Revolver
2. Unfold the Future
3. The Sum of no Evil

Edited by Barbu - June 22 2017 at 18:51
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 20:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ I have not heard that album in full, but saw some YT clips and yea similar. I think the set list of course is different, they played 3 nights in Seattle. I heard the 1st night was 3.25 hours long so they cut it back some to 3 hours LOL.
We enjoyed the 2nd part of the show more than first, it is more energetic and the 3 drummers were pretty loose by then.

I checked the set-list for a few nights, and it seems to be very nice, though they are changing it a bit constantly. This one seems bound to be a night to remember. I'm expecting it to be one of the best concerts I have seen.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 10:07
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

The lyrics just get on my nerves, the anti establishment anti-capitalist lyrics I can stand - but to attribute as an antidote his personal fairy friend. The man is clearly as intelligent as most, so to believe is such childish bullsh*t is just very, very annoying.
And I drive past a music venue (every week day) where little girls and women were blown to bits in the name of the so called "Religion of Peace" - and everybody mourns and lights candles and "prays" - and they just can't see the fooking ELEPHANT in the room!!!!

hmmm didn't sort of get it...well no I`ve not heard the Elephant which your saying and the childish bulls*** is to me anyway intelligent meanings......plus TFK are so upbeat
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 23:57
argh! s*** the likelihood of a new TFK album before 201? is ZERO! s*** still the entire back catalogue is amazingly breathtakingly awesome IMHO. . .yes

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2017 at 13:53
the local days of longing for the supersonic tones of haze colourful musical notes the amazingly awesome the Flower Kings. . .mega sound scopes!  

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2017 at 23:44
gosh! there`s a little of a shift to the questions to which isn't been done. (three questions)

1. top five epic`s.
2. top four album artwork.
3. best guitar/mellotron solo`s.

hmmm hopefully I`ll find some results later 

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2017 at 08:44
If it will be years before a new TFK album is released, then I hope they work on reissuing the albums on vinyl with big gatefold covers to enhance the artwork.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 03:48
Hmmm sadly not much active posts here that's most likely because the Flower Kings aren't active hmmm complete nothingness? mysteries? or even hummer? so there`s no point hanging aroundDeadCry    

Music Is Live

<
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2017 at 08:32
A 452 page thread has come grinding to a halt. 
Roine, hear our pleas! We need another Flower Kings record.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2017 at 12:16
Well, I don't know if it means anything, but I recently posted a video of the studio version of Retropolis on my Facebook page, just out of nostalgia since it was the first Flower Kings song I ever heard.

Lo and behold, Roine (aka, Pale Rider) left this comment:

"anyone itching to hear songs like this live anymore ?"

Maybe this means he's thinking about getting the boys back together for some live shows (or more)?  We can only hope  Big smile
Chula Vista View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chula Vista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 13:29
I have Space Revolver and Retropolis LOVE them both. Also love Roine Stolt on the first 2 Transatlantic albums.
I'd much rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 13:38
Wow, glad to see that this thread is still alive!
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2017 at 12:53
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Wow, glad to see that this thread is still alive!

Barely, but it is still here.  With no FK activity for a couple years now, I think it might sink again..........
Chula Vista View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chula Vista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2017 at 13:42
Funny story, the first time I ever spun Retropolis was with a CD in my car. I didn't know that my wife had left the volume on really high the previous night.

"The Rhythm of Life" starts and I actually jumped in my seat. Top 10 coolest openings to an album ever.
I'd much rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2017 at 08:38
At least we can look forward to Anderson/Stolt II.
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 03:02
I love the last two albums to bits.

The band started out really powerful, than they lost themselves in self-indulgence and overkill.
But the latest two albums are amongst the best progrock albums ever made...
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 10:39
when, where, if or isn't the facts of the lack of new album or a tour nothing to talk about plus there`s also a unlikely having a summertime well a few weeks The Flower Kings have a sort of a summer sound or simply an up beat sound. I`m listening to non-progressive music of late well apart from the new Tangent album, Discipline, Erik Norlander and Grey Lady Down.   

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2017 at 05:27
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

The lyrics just get on my nerves, the anti establishment anti-capitalist lyrics I can stand - but to attribute as an antidote his personal fairy friend. The man is clearly as intelligent as most, so to believe is such childish bullsh*t is just very, very annoying.
And I drive past a music venue (every week day) where little girls and women were blown to bits in the name of the so called "Religion of Peace" - and everybody mourns and lights candles and "prays" - and they just can't see the fooking ELEPHANT in the room!!!!

hmmm didn't sort of get it...well no I`ve not heard the Elephant which your saying and the childish bulls*** is to me anyway intelligent meanings......plus TFK are so upbeat
Geek, me owd china......the elephant in the room - is ISLAM!
plus...all lyrics can be subjectively interpreted - quasi-spiritual ramblings of Anderson amuse me - And the whirlwind starts off with good lyrical content....but more and more they become horribly preachy - which culminates in the final track - musically sublime -lyrically tragic.
My mother is a born-again Xtian, her best friend is an anglican (female) curate who is a nice person - but one cannot give organised (man-made) religion a free-pass because of quaint christian ladies who make tea for the homeless - it also directly causes young girls to have their heads torn off in manchester music venues. Yes we are here by time and chance.....lets enjoy the ride......Peace.
Richey Edwards View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richey Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 14:58
I am starting to listen to The Flower Kings and have enjoyed Back In The World of Adventures, and am currently listening to Space Revolver. Any more suggestions? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 486>