Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 07:05
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ From Nightwish I really loved Imaginaerum... it is actually my favourite album from them, but the last one sounded somewhat lacking in ideas (even though I much prefer Floor as a singer than Anette).
I Really loved Imaginaerium and also the classical "score" ....but I think they bettered it when they did their magnum-opus "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" - The last track is so good.......and long too. a truly marvellous epic to end the concept....Superb monologues as well....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 11:10
I too have not been listening to any TFK in past 4 months....Not sure why. I have really been into Peter Gabriel and all his solo material lately. I have all his stuff on records and the recent releases have been mastered so amazingly the sound is sublime.
I have even been watching his concerts on YT....I have a new appreciation for Up
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 14:43
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

^ From Nightwish I really loved Imaginaerum... it is actually my favourite album from them, but the last one sounded somewhat lacking in ideas (even though I much prefer Floor as a singer than Anette).

I Really loved Imaginaerium and also the classical "score" ....but I think they bettered it when they did their magnum-opus "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" - The last track is so good.......and long too. a truly marvellous epic to end the concept....Superb monologues as well....

For me that last song on Endless Forms was rather a disappointment... or almost a disappointment, since I really didn't expect much from it. I really don't think they are good at epics... though up to 10 min they have released some nice stuff. But still, they are best at their more traditional metal songs with orchestrations and choirs.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 01:14

For me that last song on Endless Forms was rather a disappointment... or almost a disappointment, since I really didn't expect much from it. I really don't think they are good at epics... though up to 10 min they have released some nice stuff. But still, they are best at their more traditional metal songs with orchestrations and choirs.
I try not to pre-judge a new release if I can possibly help it - that has cost me time in appreciating some truly marvellous slow-burners......honestly the first FK track I heard was "Garden of Dreams" - and I pre-judged it based on some reviews I had read - and I didn't like it on first spin.....aaaagh now one of my favourite tracks of all time!!! - so I probably won't give up on any of my collection I haven't spun for a few times in the right mood.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 01:15
I can remember hating YES on my first listening as well.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 02:36
Just infiltrating this thread to say - Stardust We Are is hard to beat, this album, for whatever peculiar reason, is really special to me. I don’t have all their releases (vinyl obsessive I am) but Stardust gives me the same joy as many of the 70’s greats.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 05:28
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I too have not been listening to any TFK in past 4 months....Not sure why. I have really been into Peter Gabriel and all his solo material lately. I have all his stuff on records and the recent releases have been mastered so amazingly the sound is sublime.
I have even been watching his concerts on YT....I have a new appreciation for Up
H'm not listened to any solo Gabriel for 20 years??
Well not a whole album anyway - I remember I think I used to like "White Shadow" and "Moribund the Burgomaster" - the first couple of albums I reckon?
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 08:47
Big news coming from The Sea Within camp next week.
Artwork, track list, etc.
Maybe some tour info and a release date too?
That would be nice.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 14:34
Anyone know if The Sea Within is TFK inspired music?
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 02:18
I have honestly never heard of The Sea Within.
More info would be appreciated.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 05:59
Who are "The Sea Within"?
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 06:00
aaaah - Stolt's new(ish) band!
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 06:54
Okay, thanks for the update. I will search spotify to have a listen 
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoeDent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 08:54
There has been nothing released yet from The Sea Within. The band comprises Roine Stolt, Daniel Gildenlöw, Tom Brislin, Jonas Reingold and Marco Minnemann. Self-titled album is coming in June.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 12:24
The album is not out yet, just posted for presale and was wondering if you all from across the pond have better info than us from 'merica on The Sea Within substance?

I can only assume it is TFK inspired, a la Invention of Knowledge? I'm happy to see Marco in the band.....I'll prolly pre-order it as there is not much coming out right now of interest.
Thanks
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 12:25

aaaah - Stolt's new(ish) band!

Winner-winner-chicken-dinner Tongue
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 12:44
I read that InsideOut wanted a band with the top-songwriters. And I see it's not just Roine Stolt but also Daniel Gildenlow in the band. So that really interests me.
Also I read that there will be pop influences aswell, I like that.

Marco Minneman, Tom Brislin and Jonas Reingold are icing on the cake. Finally a supergroup I'm really looking forward to,
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 13:07
Steven Wilson did the pop thing with Bone, IMO not very good stuff. I mean he played a song with Ninet in front of a bunch of people at an old folks home???? Confused R u kidding me........

Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 13:36
Very offtopic. I don't even like Steven Wilson.
When I say pop I mean Kate Bush, Moody Blues, Heart, aha, Tears for Fears.
But now I am offtopic. I like progmusic the best when its poppy, melodic, etc. Although I like jams I'd rather hear songs, especially when there's great singers/songwriters involved like Roine and Daniel.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 14:54
Holy smokes, page 455 . . . you guys rock!
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 486>