Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 08:56
May have jumped the gun..........they are in a studio, but it's not clear what for.  They do have tour dates coming up so could just be rehearsal, but I would think rehearsing in a recording studio would be pretty expensive when they could just rent a room somewhere for much cheaper.  Could also be Anderson/Stolt 2 work.  We'll see.........
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2019 at 11:52
Apparently they have been playing some dates lately. What I would like to know is are they calling themselves The Flower Kings or "Roine Stolt's the Flower Kings" or some variation thereof? 
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 14:36
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Apparently they have been playing some dates lately. What I would like to know is are they calling themselves The Flower Kings or "Roine Stolt's the Flower Kings" or some variation thereof? 

The Flower Kings Revisited
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 09:01
They are, in fact calling themselves The Flower Kings and I got confirmation that they are recording a new Flower Kings album.  So it seems Roine has decided this current formation is the new Flower Kings.  Tomas will be missed, but I'm still very interested to hear what this new album will be like.

We'll actually have some NEW Flower Kings music to discuss here!  Big smile
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 09:49
So we are going to call this The Flower Kings, huh?
Very excited about new music.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2019 at 07:16
I realized that Garden of Dreams is pretty much an allegory of life.
Dawn - the protagonist is born
Simple Song - the protagonist is a child
Business Vamp - the protagonist is growing up and realizing the bad things about life and stuffs
All You Can Save - the protagonist feels nostalgic about his childhood
Monster Briefcase, Mr. Hope... - the protagonist finds a job xD
Did I Tell You - protagonist's family member dies or something bad happens
Garden of Dreams - the protagonist day dreams about good things, or maybe searches for his/her significant other
Don't Let the Devil in - protagonist realizes that he/she must work hard to make their dreams come true
Love is the Word - protagonist falls in love
There is no Such Night - the protagonist thinks about death, realizes that sooner of later people die but he/she believes in some kinda afterlife after all
Mean Machine/Dungeon - ????? i have no clue why these parts are even in this epic xDDDDD I always skip them
Indian Summer - the protagonist is now old and tired, probably also terminally ill
Sunny Lane/Gardens Revisited/Shadowland - protagonist's final visions on their deathbed
The Final Deal - death
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 13:46
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

I realized that Garden of Dreams is pretty much an allegory of life.
Dawn - the protagonist is born
Simple Song - the protagonist is a child
Business Vamp - the protagonist is growing up and realizing the bad things about life and stuffs
All You Can Save - the protagonist feels nostalgic about his childhood
Monster Briefcase, Mr. Hope... - the protagonist finds a job xD
Did I Tell You - protagonist's family member dies or something bad happens
Garden of Dreams - the protagonist day dreams about good things, or maybe searches for his/her significant other
Don't Let the Devil in - protagonist realizes that he/she must work hard to make their dreams come true
Love is the Word - protagonist falls in love
There is no Such Night - the protagonist thinks about death, realizes that sooner of later people die but he/she believes in some kinda afterlife after all
Mean Machine/Dungeon - ????? i have no clue why these parts are even in this epic xDDDDD I always skip them
Indian Summer - the protagonist is now old and tired, probably also terminally ill
Sunny Lane/Gardens Revisited/Shadowland - protagonist's final visions on their deathbed
The Final Deal - death

I always assumed this from the moment I got the album back in 1999.  Also, Mean Machine/Dungeon is one of my favorite parts of the piece that I always wished they hadn't cut out live (though it's understandable....the 7 minutes or so of ambience would not work as well in a live setting for a band like TFK).  I love the whole epic though and wouldn't dream of cutting any of the parts as I find they all fit very well to my ears.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 13:55
The Flower Kings just announced a European tour with Inside Out label mates Kayak.

Sure wish they'd come stateside!!!
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 09:38
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

The Flower Kings just announced a European tour with Inside Out label mates Kayak.

Sure wish they'd come stateside!!!

From things Roine has said over the past couple years, I wouldn't hold my breath.  It's just too expensive and now visas are even more costly than they were when Roine was bringing the band here in the early 2000's and loosing about 10 grand each time Cry
XavGD View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XavGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 13:55
Back in the World of Adventures is the album that really, really got me into prog rock!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 14:05
Hopefully new album comes out before year end......Tomas will be missed yes. Maybe next year a US tour including Seattle....so far this past 6-8 months has been good for bands from across the pond coming to Seattle. 
Haken, Leprous, Riverside and Pineapple Thief in December. I have faith in Roine!!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 10:24
I've never seen Roine Stolt live. I really hope they come to America...
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 12:39
So who will be the keyboard player for this new Flower Kings album if not Tomas?

Interesting how it will morph into the Flower Kings again much like his first prog solo album "the Flower King" did way back in the 90's.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - July 18 2019 at 12:42
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2019 at 01:11
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

I've never seen Roine Stolt live. I really hope they come to America...

Aye, he is awesome, especially when you are just three meters away when he is playing Stardust we are.. .
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2019 at 08:06
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

So who will be the keyboard player for this new Flower Kings album if not Tomas?

Interesting how it will morph into the Flower Kings again much like his first prog solo album "the Flower King" did way back in the 90's.

The guy whose been  doing all the shows with him, can't think of his name right now.  Younger guy.  Zach Kamis is his name, I think?  Anyway, him and the drummer for the last run of shows are now official members, it seems.
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoeDent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 05:44
Makes sense to see this as a continuation of TFK. I'm guessing legal issues have possibly been sorted out in order for them to call this The Flower Kings.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 10:46
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

Makes sense to see this as a continuation of TFK. I'm guessing legal issues have possibly been sorted out in order for them to call this The Flower Kings.

I don't think there were ever any legal issues.  Roine owns the name and always has.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 06:00

Looks like we have something to discuss again!  Big smile

The Flower Kings announce studio double-album ‘Waiting For Miracles’

Progressive rock legends THE FLOWER KINGS are pleased to announce the release of their brand new studio double-album ‘Waiting For Miracles’ on the 8th November 2019. The album is comprised of 15 new tracks, recorded over the summer at RMV studio in Stockholm, Sweden – a vintage studio space owned by ABBA star Benny Andersson.
Band leader Roine Stolt comments: “We have gone back to the joyful and playful style that made the band famous in the late 90’s. So here ‘more’ is always ‘more’! At time the lyrics have a bit of a serious concern about the state of our world, but overall the theme is full of joy and colour.”
The band, currently comprised of Roine Stolt, Jonas Reingold, Hasse Fröberg, Zach Kamins & Mirko DeMaio (the most recent live line-up), have crafted an adventurous collection of pure prog-rock. Expect boat-loads of vintage keyboards, odd time signatures and long guitar solos – with elements of pop, symphonic and cinematic music.

The album will be released as a 2CD, Gatefold 2LP + 2CD & as digital album, featuring beautiful artwork by American artist Kevin Sloan. Find the full track-listing below:
Disc 1:
• House Of Cards
• Black Flag
• Miracles For America
• Vertigo
• The Bridge
• Ascending To The Stars
• Wicked Old Symphony
• The Rebel Circus
• Sleep With The Enemy
• The Crowning Of Greed

Disc 2:
• House Of Cards Reprise
• Spirals
• Steampunk
• We Were Always Here
• Busking At Brobank
The Flower Kings also recently announced they would be heading out on tour this December with label-mates KAYAK. Roine Stolt: "We're happy to go on tour in Europe again in December - We will present The Flower Kings music from the early days - concert favourites - plus some brand new music - that is along the lines of the early music of the band - symphonic rock. We're happy to bring our friends in KAYAK along for this proggy double bill - it will be a monumental meltdown of melodic prog - not to be missed."
The two bands will perform 12 dates across 6 countries, and you find the full list of shows below, tickets on sale now:

1st December – Bahnhof St. Pauli, Hamburg, Germany
2nd December – Musikzentrum, Hannover, Germany
3rd December – OK Andaluzia, Piekary Slaskie, Poland
4th December – Klub U Bazyla, Poznan, Poland
6th December – Burgerweeshuis, Deventer, Netherlands
7th December – De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
8th December – Scala, London, UK
9th December – Piano, Dortmund, Germany
10th December – Columbia Theater, Berlin, Germany
11th December – Amager Bio, Copenhagen, Denmark
12th December – Brewhouse, Gothenburg, Sweden
14th December – Kraken, Stockholm, Sweden

The Flower Kings started as an outlet for guitarist/singer/composer Roine Stolt in 1994 – a time when prog-rock wasn’t mere history, nor a dirty word. The band quickly gained momentum and was one of a handful of bands helping to revive the progressive rock scene worldwide. Roine has since collaborated with a host of legendary musicians across various projects, including his acclaimed 2015 album with Yes-legend Jon Anderson, progressive-rock supergroup Transatlantic alongside Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy & Pete Trewavas, and a year as bass player with Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett. The Flower Kings however, has always felt like home for Roine and the other band veterans Jonas Reingold & Hasse Fröberg.
TFK former bassplayer,singer - Michael Stolt guest on 4 songs - and there is also real strings on one track by Paul Cartwright; Violin & John “Zach” Dellinger; Viola.

THE FLOWER KING’s online:
https://www.roinestolt.com/…/www.reverbnatio…/theflowerkings
https://www.facebook.com/pale.rider.127

INSIDEOUTMUSIC online:
www.insideoutmusic.comwww.youtube.com/…/InsideOutMusic
www.twitter.com/insideouteu

Edited by infandous - August 21 2019 at 06:01
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 07:13
Here we go!!!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 12:16
Bonne nouvelle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 486>