Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flower Kings Appreciation Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470
Author
Message
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 08:56
May have jumped the gun..........they are in a studio, but it's not clear what for.  They do have tour dates coming up so could just be rehearsal, but I would think rehearsing in a recording studio would be pretty expensive when they could just rent a room somewhere for much cheaper.  Could also be Anderson/Stolt 2 work.  We'll see.........
Back to Top
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: October 02 2016
Location: Philly burbs
Status: Offline
Points: 3633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2019 at 11:52
Apparently they have been playing some dates lately. What I would like to know is are they calling themselves The Flower Kings or "Roine Stolt's the Flower Kings" or some variation thereof? 
Back to Top
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 23 2014
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 14:36
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Apparently they have been playing some dates lately. What I would like to know is are they calling themselves The Flower Kings or "Roine Stolt's the Flower Kings" or some variation thereof? 

The Flower Kings Revisited
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 09:01
They are, in fact calling themselves The Flower Kings and I got confirmation that they are recording a new Flower Kings album.  So it seems Roine has decided this current formation is the new Flower Kings.  Tomas will be missed, but I'm still very interested to hear what this new album will be like.

We'll actually have some NEW Flower Kings music to discuss here!  Big smile
Back to Top
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 23 2014
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2019 at 09:49
So we are going to call this The Flower Kings, huh?
Very excited about new music.
Back to Top
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: November 03 2013
Location: poland?
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2019 at 07:16
I realized that Garden of Dreams is pretty much an allegory of life.
Dawn - the protagonist is born
Simple Song - the protagonist is a child
Business Vamp - the protagonist is growing up and realizing the bad things about life and stuffs
All You Can Save - the protagonist feels nostalgic about his childhood
Monster Briefcase, Mr. Hope... - the protagonist finds a job xD
Did I Tell You - protagonist's family member dies or something bad happens
Garden of Dreams - the protagonist day dreams about good things, or maybe searches for his/her significant other
Don't Let the Devil in - protagonist realizes that he/she must work hard to make their dreams come true
Love is the Word - protagonist falls in love
There is no Such Night - the protagonist thinks about death, realizes that sooner of later people die but he/she believes in some kinda afterlife after all
Mean Machine/Dungeon - ????? i have no clue why these parts are even in this epic xDDDDD I always skip them
Indian Summer - the protagonist is now old and tired, probably also terminally ill
Sunny Lane/Gardens Revisited/Shadowland - protagonist's final visions on their deathbed
The Final Deal - death
Listen, hold me, do not run awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 13:46
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

I realized that Garden of Dreams is pretty much an allegory of life.
Dawn - the protagonist is born
Simple Song - the protagonist is a child
Business Vamp - the protagonist is growing up and realizing the bad things about life and stuffs
All You Can Save - the protagonist feels nostalgic about his childhood
Monster Briefcase, Mr. Hope... - the protagonist finds a job xD
Did I Tell You - protagonist's family member dies or something bad happens
Garden of Dreams - the protagonist day dreams about good things, or maybe searches for his/her significant other
Don't Let the Devil in - protagonist realizes that he/she must work hard to make their dreams come true
Love is the Word - protagonist falls in love
There is no Such Night - the protagonist thinks about death, realizes that sooner of later people die but he/she believes in some kinda afterlife after all
Mean Machine/Dungeon - ????? i have no clue why these parts are even in this epic xDDDDD I always skip them
Indian Summer - the protagonist is now old and tired, probably also terminally ill
Sunny Lane/Gardens Revisited/Shadowland - protagonist's final visions on their deathbed
The Final Deal - death


I always assumed this from the moment I got the album back in 1999.  Also, Mean Machine/Dungeon is one of my favorite parts of the piece that I always wished they hadn't cut out live (though it's understandable....the 7 minutes or so of ambience would not work as well in a live setting for a band like TFK).  I love the whole epic though and wouldn't dream of cutting any of the parts as I find they all fit very well to my ears.
Back to Top
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 23 2014
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 13:55
The Flower Kings just announced a European tour with Inside Out label mates Kayak.

Sure wish they'd come stateside!!!
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 09:38
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

The Flower Kings just announced a European tour with Inside Out label mates Kayak.

Sure wish they'd come stateside!!!


From things Roine has said over the past couple years, I wouldn't hold my breath.  It's just too expensive and now visas are even more costly than they were when Roine was bringing the band here in the early 2000's and loosing about 10 grand each time Cry
Back to Top
XavGD View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Avatar

Joined: July 01 2019
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 7
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XavGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 13:55
Back in the World of Adventures is the album that really, really got me into prog rock!
Back to Top
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar
VIP Member

Joined: December 23 2009
Location: Emerald City
Status: Offline
Points: 11234
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2019 at 14:05
Hopefully new album comes out before year end......Tomas will be missed yes. Maybe next year a US tour including Seattle....so far this past 6-8 months has been good for bands from across the pond coming to Seattle. 
Haken, Leprous, Riverside and Pineapple Thief in December. I have faith in Roine!!


Back to Top
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 23 2014
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 10:24
I've never seen Roine Stolt live. I really hope they come to America...
Back to Top
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: October 02 2016
Location: Philly burbs
Status: Offline
Points: 3633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 12:39
So who will be the keyboard player for this new Flower Kings album if not Tomas?

Interesting how it will morph into the Flower Kings again much like his first prog solo album "the Flower King" did way back in the 90's.


Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - July 18 2019 at 12:42
Back to Top
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: November 09 2006
Location: Swinton M27
Status: Offline
Points: 2267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2019 at 01:11
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

I've never seen Roine Stolt live. I really hope they come to America...

Aye, he is awesome, especially when you are just three meters away when he is playing Stardust we are.. .
Play me my song.....Here it comes again.......
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2019 at 08:06
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

So who will be the keyboard player for this new Flower Kings album if not Tomas?

Interesting how it will morph into the Flower Kings again much like his first prog solo album "the Flower King" did way back in the 90's.


The guy whose been  doing all the shows with him, can't think of his name right now.  Younger guy.  Zach Kamis is his name, I think?  Anyway, him and the drummer for the last run of shows are now official members, it seems.
Back to Top
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: September 08 2009
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 827
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoeDent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2019 at 05:44
Makes sense to see this as a continuation of TFK. I'm guessing legal issues have possibly been sorted out in order for them to call this The Flower Kings.
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2019 at 10:46
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

Makes sense to see this as a continuation of TFK. I'm guessing legal issues have possibly been sorted out in order for them to call this The Flower Kings.


I don't think there were ever any legal issues.  Roine owns the name and always has.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.828 seconds.