Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 15:03
Less than half of 700, so less than 350. They were 180 I believe? Still expensive but for nearly 4 hours of my favorite band.
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 22:05
well, for someone who has not seen TA, TFK or SB, that cruise would be cool.  also, to be able to meet the band etc.   it would be kind of overkill though.  if i had the money i would go.  alas, all my money goes to dumb sh*t for my house.  house ownership is such a scam.

btw, Dennis, good point about AOR.  it is sweet, but can make you sick after a while.  not Journey though!!  I'm 'faithful' to them :-)
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
dennismoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 22:26
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Less than half of 700, so less than 350. They were 180 I believe? Still expensive but for nearly 4 hours of my favorite band.

Yeah man, ticket prices for real popular bands are criminal, I say.  I love RUSH as well and have seen them many times, but I personally draw the live at around 50.00 a ticket.

I saw The Who - Quadrophenia tour in 1996 for 45.00.  It was awesome!  Two years later The Who decided to charge over $150.00  for their next tour.  WTF???  I love The WHO so much and always will, but they can rot in Hell for charging that much.  Greed has taken over this world, I say....   Suffice it to say, I have not seen The Who since.

I would have loved to go see RUSH or Roger Waters do The Wall, but not for the $$$ they extort these days.  I have a  family to take care of.  Quite frankly:

Blowing $300.00(pair of tickets) for a 2.5 hour concert is like blowing $300.00 in booze, drugs and hookers for one night of partying!   Not gonna do that to my family.  That is just stoo-pid.

Now, if a pair of party-girls came with those 150.00 tickets... that would be a different story.  LOL  Beer Smoke

"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 06:49
Can't think of the most expensive tickets I've bought?
Can't be more than £30.00. The best gigs I went to were all cheap as chips with audiences that could be counted by one person who wouldn't have to take his socks off either.....Clap
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 08:04
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Can't be more than £30.00. The best gigs I went to were all cheap as chips with audiences that could be counted by one person who wouldn't have to take his socks off either.....Clap

You thinkin' of Pallas at The Gallery in about '83?  I'll bet that cost well less than a fiver.  There were about 50-60 people in and I'll tell you (as will Barney) that was some gig.

The cost of tickets these days is a joke.  I've got tickets for DT (well you have to don't you Wink) and they were £40 ($60) each, but our seats are half way back, the best of the seats at that price.  If you wanted a ticket in the front stalls it was £60 which is unbeievable.  I know they're popular and all but.........

At the weekend I went to a festival full of tribute bands and admission was free.  Sure, the booze was quite dear but it didn't cost anything to get in so can't grumble.  The bands were really good too.  I saw tributes of Iron Maiden, Ozzy/Sabbath, Red Hot Chilis, Rage Against The Machine, Pantera, Skid Row Embarrassed, Metallica and Slipknot.  Got absolutely pissed and had a really great day out.

Anybody else got any gigs lined up?
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 12:51
Well Dennis, if you are saying that the modern bands are not as good as the old timers were back in the 70's, I'd have to agree.  All the bands you list I like better than the more recent incarnations of Yes, Rush, ELP, etc., though.

Also, I find Beardfish to be the same caliber of those 70's bands in the here and now.  Sure, they don't have any "hits', but that would never happen these days anyway and is increasingly meaningless in the new music landscape.

It wasn't long ago that I was in the camp that says nothing compares to 70's prog, but in the past few years I've changed my mind on that score.  The problem is, that the music that moves you most in your youth is what will determine your musical preference for the rest of your life (there are, of course, always  exceptions).  At least, that is what I've come to realize with myself and all the people I know well.  It takes a real effort to break out of that and even when you do, there is still that lack of intense enjoyment that music gave you back in your younger days.  Just my view on it, based in my experience and that of people close to me, anyway.

True, the Flower King have no equivalent to Yessongs........but the first performance I saw of them was damn close, let me tell you.

As to concerts, I'm going to the New Jersey Prog House reunion weekend in October, to see Beardfish, Izz, Frogg Cafe, and a few other very good bands.  It's $125 for 8 bands over two days.  Not bad at all, I say, and I finally get to see Beardfish.  Likely will get to meet and talk to all the performers (though I'm already good friends with most of Frogg Cafe).

Edited by infandous - August 01 2013 at 12:54
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 12:52

Apparently chips are not cheap anymore in the UK.  I read that MacDonalds bought exclusive rights to sell "chips" during the London Olympics and were charging $7.00 US for a serving.

"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 13:06
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Apparently chips are not cheap anymore in the UK.  I read that MacDonalds bought exclusive rights to sell "chips" during the London Olympics and were charging $7.00 US for a serving.

Fook Me McDonalds don't make chips - fookin horrible sh*tty fries, you have to have proper northern England chips with a rag-rolled babbies-yead and mushy peas and a couple of barm cakes...none of your filthy Mcdonalds sh*te that you don't have to have teeth to eat so are popular with all the old farts with no teeth !!!
As you can probably tell I'm not too keen on USA franchise fast food outlets that can be found everywhere......not proper food if you ask me but hey - it's a global economy now.....
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 14:33

northern England chips with a rag-rolled babbies-yead and mushy peas and a couple of barm cakes.....

Brilliant! I'll bet there's not many people who will know what you're on about nice northern delicacy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 18:49

[QUOTE=dennismoore]Fook Me McDonalds don't make chips - fookin horrible sh*tty fries, you have to have proper northern England chips with a rag-rolled babbies-yead and mushy peas and a couple of barm cakes...none of your filthy Mcdonalds sh*te that you don't have to have teeth to eat so are popular with all the old farts with no teeth !!!
As you can probably tell I'm not too keen on USA franchise fast food outlets that can be found everywhere......not proper food if you ask me but hey - it's a global economy now.....

My friend, I agree with you 100% and you are so right.  MacDonalds food is garbage just like most US fast food.
I dare say most of us Americans despise that rat feed, but their "restaurants" are on every street corner and there are no other options in many places.  Well said my friend.  Here's to some home made real chips and genuine English side items!

Holy crap, I am really starting to like you.Confused  Just like infandous, at first, I thought you were a silly git, but now I know
that was me being a close minded idiot.  I find you have an amazingly fresh and real honest take on most things.

Keep on rockin dude!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 19:34
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Well Dennis, if you are saying that the modern bands are not as good as the old timers were back in the 70's, I'd have to agree.  All the bands you list I like better than the more recent incarnations of Yes, Rush, ELP, etc., though.

Also, I find Beardfish to be the same caliber of those 70's bands in the here and now.  Sure, they don't have any "hits', but that would never happen these days anyway and is increasingly meaningless in the new music landscape.

It wasn't long ago that I was in the camp that says nothing compares to 70's prog, but in the past few years I've changed my mind on that score.  The problem is, that the music that moves you most in your youth is what will determine your musical preference for the rest of your life (there are, of course, always  exceptions).  At least, that is what I've come to realize with myself and all the people I know well.  It takes a real effort to break out of that and even when you do, there is still that lack of intense enjoyment that music gave you back in your younger days.  Just my view on it, based in my experience and that of people close to me, anyway.

True, the Flower King have no equivalent to Yessongs........but the first performance I saw of them was damn close, let me tell you.

Wow, as usual these days, we say mostly the same thing but from different angles....Cool

One thing I disagree, I'm not stuck with the bands of my youth, that was years ago. In a decade or so for you, TFK & modern bands will become much older and their lasting appeal(or lack of) with come forefront and you can compare them, fair & square with the older generation.  I've been listening for so long, time becomes an equalizer and the age of a band is no longer relevant.  Only the merits of the music come through.

A great example would be RUSH: Hemispheres & Counterparts.
Hemispheres was when I was going through "first exposure"(as you intimated) Counterparts was many years later and I was a very different person.  Hemispheres blows away Counterparts, not because of anything about me, but because it is superior in every way on its own merits.  School's Out!Approve    LOL

I know of no modern prog that comes close to Karn Evil 9 1st Impression or Sound Chaser or Firth of Fifth.
Though I am quite fond of Spock's Beard - The Great Nothing.Tongue 

Frankly, if The Flower Kings did a better job of editing their epics, a tune like Garden Of Dreams would come very close.  What you don't do is as important as what you do.  Pink Floyd DSOTM's greatest asset may be its ability to say what it says without one note more.  A perfect musical expression.  Modern prog does tend to ramble on, like my esteemed colleague Zumacraig has stated.

Hmm, I am surprised you put Beardfish up with YES & ELP...  Their sophomoric growling is so silly and doesn't fit the music at all, it really takes points away.  Some artists think its cool to trash their own music to show a lack of pretension, kinda like how Neal Morse will talk long into performing a classic prog song, it just ruins it.  Like the growling really cheapens the otherwise excellent music that Beardfish are capable of playing.  With today's tech, why can't they offer a version without the childish growling in it?Confused

One thing you gotta admit, for one to have seen YES or ELP in their prime, was to see a set of masters give a lesson in perfection.  I dare say TFK nor Spock's Beard or anybody has performed or composed quite at that peak level, thought their stuff is fabulous just the same.

For shows, I wish I could take that YES Cruise of 2014.  People rip YES now, but if you listen to the semi-recent Live in Lyon you will see that Steve & Chris are still performing at master levels.  In a few years when they stop touring it will be perhaps the saddest day in music of the last 100 years and then their live magic will be gone forever.
I never saw Nektar in their prime, but seeing the original lineup reunite in 2002 was still very worthwhile.

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 03:00
^So right about Yes Dennis.  It may not be the classic line up but Howe and Squire are still masters of their game.

M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 07:01
Aye dennis superb post - Hemispheres > (x1000) Counterparts and every other effort that comes after also...though I haven't heard a lot of stuff after signals (which is also a sh*te album compared to Moving Pictures).....Not heard any beardfish apart from a couple of mp3 snippets - II wasn't really impressed?
What do you think of Galleon/Anima Mundi/Nexus - These bands have produced some absolutely ripping stuff over the past 13 years or so.....
Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 07:41

Now to comment on my previous post:

"begins at $700 per person"      Yeah, I won't be going. 

$700.00 per concert ticket PLUS cruise fare?

No, it's $700 all in Wink

Cruises are fantastic value for money in my opinion. A hundred quid a day with all the food and entertainment thrown in - pretty amazing when you think about it.. You'd have to pay a lot more than that for a night at a similar quality hotel and you'd then have to pay for your food on top.

You guys have all been pretty negative about this cruise idea but this guy on Prog Ears summed up the economics rather well:

"Amazing lineup..probably at least 2 performances from each band. Doing some math, if you can make this work for $1000, and there are 10 bands you want to see, that's $50 a show...and a free cruise."

Wink

Edited by Nov - August 02 2013 at 07:42
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 11:50
Well Dennis, as myself, you guys are entitled to your OPINIONS Wink  Which are not facts shared by all, in case you didn't realize LOL

So no, I'm afraid what you describe is exactly a bias and nothing less.  You are biased towards a certain era of music.  I know this, because I share that bias.  IMO, of course Wink  Luckily, my opinion is all that matters LOL

As to Beardfish and growls, you are talking about the last two albums I assume, since there is nothing like that on their first 5 albums.  I don't mind them at all personally, but I am a bit disappointed at the introduction of a more "metal" type approach that they (and a disturbing number of modern prog bands) have decided to take.  So yeah, though the growls don't bother me much, I'd have to agree that they should drop them.

I think the issue with "editing" for modern bands is that they almost exclusively self produce, which I think is a mistake.......even for our beloved Flower Kings. I think it was fine on the early albums by TFK, but I think as time goes on Roine could really use some input from someone outside the band.  Also, the limitations of vinyl demanded that some stuff be left on the cutting room floor, which I think many modern prog bands never do.  Roine, however, has said that there is normally a whole 70 minute album or more of stuff that he leaves off each TFK album because it doesn't fit, isn't quite up to scratch, etc.

As to Yes, I think the "magic" was gone a looooong time ago.  The last live performance I heard from them that I liked was back in 2002, and even that sounded kind of old and tired to me.  The material, of course, is where the magic really is, so I think there is always something worthwhile in their performances in that regard.  I think with the tribute singers though, they have come perilously close to becoming a parody of themselves.  If Howe and Squire weren't such consummate professionals, and great instrumentalists, it would have happened long ago.

As to the Rush comment, I agree that Hemispheres is superior to Counterparts, but I know a lot of die hard Rush fans who don't share that view (though most would agree that Hemispheres is a great album).  Rush themselves don't think so, but that's another story.  Bands frequently seem to look down on their early material............see Rutherford and Banks for confirmation of that........as well as the fact that Greg Lake has always hated the Tarkus suite.  Artists like to keep moving forward......which doesn't mean they can't appreciate their past work, of course.  Peter Gabriel is a good example, as in the interviews on the early Genesis box set, he was the only one who seemed to really still have an appreciation for their old stuff, even though he doesn't seem to have much interest in performing it ever again.

Edited by infandous - August 02 2013 at 11:55
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 14:51
Originally posted by Nov Nov wrote:

Now to comment on my previous post:

"begins at $700 per person"      Yeah, I won't be going. 

$700.00 per concert ticket PLUS cruise fare?

Cruises are fantastic value for money in my opinion. A hundred quid a day with all the food and entertainment thrown in - pretty amazing when you think about it.. You'd have to pay a lot more than that for a night at a similar quality hotel and you'd then have to pay for your food on top.

You guys have all been pretty negative about this cruise idea but this guy on Prog Ears summed up the economics rather well:

"Amazing lineup..probably at least 2 performances from each band. Doing some math, if you can make this work for $1000, and there are 10 bands you want to see, that's $50 a show...and a free cruise."

Wink

Well, to be honest, it's not a bad deal.  After crunching the numbers, and looking at the costs of normal cruises, it's actually pretty reasonable.  The problem for me is that it would most likely also involve airfare (since it most likely leaves from a port in Florida), or a couple days of driving (which would cost a couple tanks of gas, possibly a hotel stay, food......there and back).  So the total cost is probably prohibitive for me in that regard.

My girlfriend and I are looking at going on a cruise, and even she said it wasn't a bad price.......until you factor in the possibility of having to go to Florida to get on the boat.  If, in the very unlikely event it were to leave from New York or Baltimore, then it might become a strong possibility for me.

Edited by infandous - August 02 2013 at 14:52
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 15:24
Originally posted by Nov Nov wrote:

Wink

I agree completely. Just the ticket prices make it a deal, plus you get a free cruise thrown in.  I would go in one second.
It has somehow become fashionable to blast cruises, I don't know why. Not me, Sounds like a dream vacation.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennismoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 16:02

Well Dennis, as myself, you guys are entitled to your OPINIONS Wink  Which are not facts shared by all, in case you didn't realize LOL

So no, I'm afraid what you describe is exactly a bias and nothing less.  You are biased towards a certain era of music.  I know this, because I share that bias.  IMO, of course Wink  Luckily, my opinion is all that matters LOL

I think the issue with "editing" for modern bands is that they almost exclusively self produce, which I think is a mistake.......even for our beloved Flower Kings. I think it was fine on the early albums by TFK, but I think as time goes on Roine could really use some input from someone outside the band.  Also, the limitations of vinyl demanded that some stuff be left on the cutting room floor, which I think many modern prog bands never do.  Roine, however, has said that there is normally a whole 70 minute album or more of stuff that he leaves off each TFK album because it doesn't fit, isn't quite up to scratch, etc.

As to Yes, I think the "magic" was gone a looooong time ago.  The last live performance I heard from them that I liked was back in 2002, and even that sounded kind of old and tired to me.  The material, of course, is where the magic really is, so I think there is always something worthwhile in their performances in that regard.  I think with the tribute singers though, they have come perilously close to becoming a parody of themselves.  If Howe and Squire weren't such consummate professionals, and great instrumentalists, it would have happened long ago.

As to the Rush comment, I agree that Hemispheres is superior to Counterparts, but I know a lot of die hard Rush fans who don't share that view (though most would agree that Hemispheres is a great album).  Rush themselves don't think so, but that's another story.  Bands frequently seem to look down on their early material............see Rutherford and Banks for confirmation of that........as well as the fact that Greg Lake has always hated the Tarkus suite.  Artists like to keep moving forward......which doesn't mean they can't appreciate their past work, of course.  Peter Gabriel is a good example, as in the interviews on the early Genesis box set, he was the only one who seemed to really still have an appreciation for their old stuff, even though he doesn't seem to have much interest in performing it ever again.

Dude, I had no idea that Roj & Barney were gonna spank you and send you to bed without supper!Clap

Ok: in the face of overwhelming evidence you still dig a deeper hole.  Fine, one step at a time then:LOL

First: RUSH loves Hemisphers, google Geddy's recent interviews since you never believe what I say.Wink
They don't play it because Geddy has said they wrote the music in too high a key, fact is it is the highest vocal work he has ever done and was a problem for him to sing, even back then in 1978.

As far as your fans who prefer Counterparts, etc...  There are YES fans that prefer 90125.  That doesn't make everything equal just becasue people have different opinions.  Its obvious which YES works are masterpieces and will last well into the future.  Kinda like why the Mona Lisa shines out among other painters of that time. To say Owner Of A Lonely Heart is as good as Close To The Edge just beacuse an equal amount of younger fans like it, is silly.Confused
So your theory of people liking what they grew up with needs some work.  Many younger people love much older YES.
What I will say is that peer pressure always pursuades weaker minds to conform, that will explain generational bias more than anything.

I think of our good friend Darkshade, his tastes are 30 years before his time. So a person doesn't need to conform
to the music of his generation, but most people actually do.  There are more conformists in the world than non conformists.

Second: Pete Gabriel is all about being the complete focus of all the music.  The stuff he has done since leaving Genesis is very basic and features him only.  He has no interest in going back where he is just one of the musicians in a group.  His case is all about ego, otherwise you would have seen much more group oriented writing on his records.  He is simply the male Sheryl Crow for the Amnesty International crowd, musically speaking. Not a negative, just a result of clearly what he wants to do as far as performing.  Have you seen his new orchestral video?  It is even more intimate and minimally Peter than ever!

And getting back to any bias I may have.  Decades after my "biased" years, I fell in love with one of the greatest albums
recorded.  Marillion - Marbles (2CD set).  Had it been like you said, I never would like this record since it was made more than 30 years after YES, ELP, etc...

Ok, ya want so more?  I would take me only moments to reload. LOL   Big smile   Smile

By the way, you are so right about the limits of vinyl and how that made artists really think about what they put out.
Too bad there is no money in today's prog to get these great artists some producing help.  Produers make a lot of money, a luxury Spock's Beard or TFK simply can't afford.

Yeah, if Beardfish would edit out the growls in their recent stuff the music would go from a 6 to a 10 for me.
Great music can be ruined by even a brief musical part that is out of place.  Say what you want about YES, ELP, Genesis, but their music stayed true.  ELP didn't decide to stick a kazoo part in the middle of Tarkus.

Not to belabor the point, but Roine stuck a Burt Bacharach tune in the middle of I Am The Sun (and they hummed it so quietly nobody could even make it out) when I saw TFK in San Francisco, and he lost the crowd, you could feel it.  Today's prog artists sometimes go too far in search of being progressive.

Dude, great is great, regardles of the date that it was recorded.  Marillion Marbles is a masterpiece!  Regrettably most of today's prog has imperfections that keep it from being at that top level.

Hmm, actually most of Unitopia's The Garden is just about perfect as well. Now that I think about it.

infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 11:32

I am quoting my previous post, since it is really all the answer required to address your response Wink

I should probably mention as well that I've always enjoyed playing devil's advocate.......I like to argue Big smileEvil SmileWink

If I failed to mention that my "theory" had exceptions (there are ALWAYS exceptions), then I apologize.  I thought I did.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 15:25
Well as with Genesis (1970-1977), Rush (1974-1980) these were the golden years - the synth pop Rush that came after was such a waste of phenomenally talented musicians...The brilliance of hemispheres was the pinnacle in my opinion - and I just didn't have the heart to listen to anything after signals....It was such a crushing abomination of a travesty.......Mind you the trio's bank balance got a lot bigger and I suppose that was more important to them than keeping a few of the old guard fans happy.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 486>