Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 07:42
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

I`ve been listening to Mostly Autumn album`s what a great band live.

You are correct they are indeed a great live band and I am checking them out agin next month Tongue.  They happen to possess a truly stunning and very aesthetically pleasing vocalist in Olivia Sparnenn. 

I don't know what albums you've been listening to, but I will say that their last album Ghost Moon Orchestra was superlative in my humble opinion.  Their new one, due out in May has a tough act to follow.

I've been tempted by the latest Spocks Beard for some time.  Ever since reading Tom's review it has been on my List and the good reviews keep coming.  Unfortunately it did not appear upon passing of my 29th birthday (Wink) nor at winter solstice.  I think this needs to be an investment in the near future.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 08:12
sorry the album`s as played where:

heart full of sky
the spirit of autumn past
the ghost moon orchestra
for all we shared
passengers
the last bright light

all are album`s to me.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 12:53
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

I have been listening to the Latest Spock's Beard - the last four tracks are superb - the first two are ok!
Oh and Raven was thrown in as well - I'd put that CD in my top twenty all time greats - it is just astonishingly good!!!
May have to get that Beard record.  People keep raving about it, even people who weren't crazy with the rest of the post Morse stuff.Raven is an awesome album.  I find it just a bit too "cold" to be in my top twenty greats.......maybe top 30 though Wink

I may listen to it and take notes - then post a review - Strange that you think that "Raven" is cold - I think that the title track is perhaps one of the most disturbing (emotionally) tracks I have ever heard - It is a contender for being played at my requiem...such is it's emotional impact - It literally moves me to tears - and not many tracks do that to stone-hearted little old me - I can tell you !!!

Yeah, "clinical" might be a better term.  I think it's down to the production and playing.  It feels very precise and exact.....no human element.  I agree that the stories in the lyrics are quite good, and do have some emotional resonance.  I just think it gets a bit lost in the pristine production and performance (though it's somewhat impressive that they duplicate it live so precisely, particularly Steven's vocals).
Rihanna View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rihanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 01:17
I have never gaved them a chance!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 01:19
just jump in start with The Light

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 09:58
with my multi buyin` of CD`S. I`ve still to listen to most of them. I said I gotten 9... it really is...........sixteen cd`s. I`ve listened
too FIVE. but the problem is I cannot stop playin` IQ subterrana.
running time 102.31 to go to an adventure, lose myself within the music. oh M27Barney you where right a new Tales. maybe. maybe not        yes. I`ll get a round too listenin` too! the rest of the prog cd`s. you now find TIME to sit `n` listenin` to
progressive rock MUSIC................ better write a most listen to list me `n` my list`s I`ve list for must read, listen, to do `n` everything else. in between... oh work gets in the way too. I`ve just re-sub to prog magazine I do enjoy read about all about PROG!. still there is other readin` to be done to. I need to also listen to TFK. before I forget as well as IQ sub, I`m also enjoying Fish`s new album FOC... it wonderful his best album in a long time. I`m a fishhead. going to a Fish show you get a great mix of Solo/Marillion tracks. the only downside is no Genesis gigs/album. but Crimson are back. good old Fripp still to look out the SB album. well we in the U.K get a summer `14     

Music Is Live

<
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 08:02
Listening to some of disc 1 of Paradox Hotel at lunch time.  A lovely warm and sunny spring day, blue skies.  Bank holiday weekend coming up Cool, a perfect day for a bit of TFK methinks.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:33
Well, here it's raining and the temperature has dropped 20 degrees F since I left for work.  Snow is expected tonight, and the temps will be well below freezing.  I think I'll put on some Steven Wilson instead WinkCryLOL
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 14:14
Easter Hoildays, so I`ll find the time to listen to IQ `n` GH.......... oh oh oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!.

Music Is Live

<
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 05:11
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Well, here it's raining and the temperature has dropped 20 degrees F since I left for work.  Snow is expected tonight, and the temps will be well below freezing.  I think I'll put on some Steven Wilson instead WinkCryLOL

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 09:03
I listen to Steven Wilson even when its sunny

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 09:06
Snow? Isn't that a Spock's Beard Album?
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 09:46
yes snow is a spock`s beard album. where will this Easter Holiday`s bring a long with it. I`d like too just sit a listen too IQ/GH/TFK, with a cold drink `n` eats.. that sounds like a     plan. I cannot wait until 14/15 footie season ends we are times this season but with 15/16 season new players just maybe we will `n` not a again..... whats yoyr top five IQ albums . also is there any life on another planet, what go`s on after we die... is there any life after death. is it     to be a geek. my vote is the jury is still out sometimes all the QUESTIONS but never the ANSWERS. but a that life. this is why I have always said that the progressive rock music is for people whom can think for themselves... its because you have to sit and listen. its not background MUSIC. well that's what I think. maybe just maybe I RIGHT/WRONG.... only others may answer that one.     I`ve also gotten to do some more bookworming    I do love a good read `n` PROG............ that to me is so so I`ll let you now if I get to listen to the three bands or ?.

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 14:32
Top five IQ for me?
Very Hard, but my five faves.
Subterranea
Ever
Dark Matter
The Seventh House
The wake
Q1. Life on Other Planets? Almost certain there is, due to the sheer size of the universe and the astronomical numbers of stars and planets!
However what that life is like - I haven't a Scooby doo...
Q2. Life After Death? Nah, mind you this is one is where I get to find out in another fifty years or so (hopefully) and I DO LIKE SUPRISES!
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 14:50
Oh and on the Football, History is repeating itself , Matt Busby's retirement led to a steady decline that eventually led to relegation in 1974.....I could see Moyes emulating that especially if he insists on paying 27 million pounds for a player who is worth five at most!!!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 18:56
right you are `74 a black year. city fans where    my top five is changing daily IQ are a top band. I am still unsure about the new
Glass Hammer Ode To Echo... maybe a few more listening it will be a GH
album. I`m listening to disc two IQ Sobterranea now this is a classic, oh I`ve been given a free cd ProgAID
all around the world

The starring Talents of:
Neal Morse
Pete Trewavas
Roine Stolt
Peter Nicholls/John Jowitt/ Martian Orford
among others............

let you now whatever it sounds like oh ooh yes.

Music Is Live

<
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 09:18
Hello Everyone, just stopping by to wish you all a Happy Easter.  Rob, thanks for finding me on fb.  Hope you all have a great holiday (for those of you that celebrate).
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 09:24
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Hello Everyone, just stopping by to wish you all a Happy Easter.  Rob, thanks for finding me on fb.  Hope you all have a great holiday (for those of you that celebrate).

Aye it's a holiday here that's for certain, not a cloud in the sky and I'm as pissed as a newt already! I am following a humanist approach to this day = Good Weather + close family + good food (including the wife's killer barbecue ribs) + beer + cider + wine + Jaegermeister + single malts + good time + love + peace to all mankind....
HAVE A GOOD DAY FOLKS!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 06:03
sounds like a wonderful time. was there any music....

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 14:58
Aye - but my son was DJ so it was all swing and big band music & the like. My eldest son isn't into prog at all, my youngest son is though his girlfriend ditched yesterday so he was a bit sad!!
I passed out about 21:00 (I had been drinking from noon onwards!!!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 486>